BRONCO ...thread continued - Page 36 - Ford Inside News Community
 301Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #351 of 549 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Ford Flex

Re: BRONCO ...thread continued

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
I saw both the Escape and baby Bronco at an employee reveal many months ago. Their roll out timing should be close, but I don't know which is first. The baby Bronco has been altered from what I saw to what was recently shared. The Lincoln was not shown then, only recently. Don't get me wrong, it looks good, but I may have expected too much.
What does the front of the Escape resemble the closest? Will it be longer and offer more rear legroom and cargo like the CRV?

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #352 of 549 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 04:08 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
What does the front of the Escape resemble the closest? Will it be longer and offer more rear legroom and cargo like the CRV?
I think it's more (new) Focus looking.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #353 of 549 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 06:56 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Reports suggest that Ford won't be exporting the Bronco twins to markets outside of North America.
- https://www.motor1.com/news/298120/b...t-rhd-markets/

If it's true that the Bronco and baby Bronco will only be sold in North America, then Ford is making a very very big mistake.

-roadandtrack.com

If Ford wants to "BEAT JEEP", they should start making its exciting new SUVs available outside North America.

Jeep's lineup is available around the globe, yes that includes the Wrangler and the Trailhawk variants.

Ford's car models are slowly being killed off one by one outside the European and Chinese markets.

I think those other markets about to lose their Ford car models should be getting the new SUV models North America will be getting soon. Not everyone wants a Ranger and EcoSport, Ford needs to offer more models to global markets.

The upcoming Bronco can literally be the Mustang of off-roaders/SUVs.

Last edited by AM222; 12-19-2018 at 07:13 AM.

post #354 of 549 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 07:20 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Beat Jeep?
Great aspirations, impossible aspirations?

Bronco no for outside North America? Maybe a small mistake. Baby Bronco no for outside North America? Big, really big mistake. Ford Europe needs desperately new crossovers, and the Baby Bronco could be a hit here.

I canīt understand some Ford decisions...

post #355 of 549 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 09:09 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Beat Jeep?
Great aspirations, impossible aspirations?
Ford might not be able to beat Jeep now but making a dent in Wrangler sales would be a good start.

Quote:
Bronco no for outside North America? Maybe a small mistake. Baby Bronco no for outside North America? Big, really big mistake. Ford Europe needs desperately new crossovers, and the Baby Bronco could be a hit here.
Ford needs it in Asia too. Like the US and Canadian market, Ford is slowly phasing out car models in Asian markets except China. The only difference is here in Asia there are no new SUV models being added to the Asian lineup. On the bright side, we do get the Ranger Raptor here (but those who want something more compact want the Bronco).

Quote:
I canīt understand some Ford decisions...

Same here, Ford has great new/upcoming products, they just don't want to sell them to everyone.

Last edited by AM222; 12-19-2018 at 09:13 AM.
post #356 of 549 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 06:03 AM
Focus RS WRC

The way i read it, Bronco was to be a North American market only but maybe read that as LHD markets only. I think Ford wants to keep going with Everest in Asia Pacific mostly RHD markets or at least not change anything this side of CY2021 (NG Ranger)
post #357 of 549 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 12:58 PM
Ford Focus ZX

My guess is that it will launch in the North American market and the following year, expand.
post #358 of 549 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 03:35 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
The way i read it, Bronco was to be a North American market only but maybe read that as LHD markets only. I think Ford wants to keep going with Everest in Asia Pacific mostly RHD markets or at least not change anything this side of CY2021 (NG Ranger)
The Everest is more like a Non-TRD Pro 4Runner than a Wrangler.

For more serious off-roading it usually requires a lift to improve its approach and departure angles and rugged tires like this military variant modified by Arquus for the French Military.

The Jeep I usually see being compared to the Everest is the Grand Cherokee.

If Jeep can sell both the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler in Asia-Pacific and most global markets, Ford should be able to sell the upcoming Bronco alongside the Everest in Asia-Pacific.
Falc'man likes this.

Last edited by AM222; 01-03-2019 at 03:38 AM.
post #359 of 549 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 10:43 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Bronco is an icon. If they don't want to sell it globally because of Everest it's like saying they shouldn't sell Mustang because Mondeo comes in a liftback.

Everyone is going to WANT a Bronco. They're dumb. They should sell it everywhere like Mustang. It's another image-builder for the brand that I'm sure will be a hit anywhere it's offered.
post #360 of 549 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 10:54 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
Bronco is an icon. If they don't want to sell it globally because of Everest it's like saying they shouldn't sell Mustang because Mondeo comes in a liftback.

Everyone is going to WANT a Bronco. They're dumb. They should sell it everywhere like Mustang. It's another image-builder for the brand that I'm sure will be a hit anywhere it's offered.
I really don't know what they have planned for expansion of a more global Bronco, but regardless of what happens, they can always increase. I really think that Bronco, and even the baby Bronco, will be massive hits for Ford.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page