283Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #441 of 468 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 10:33 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...they will shortly, but right now all that stuff is awaiting real availability. Wanted to look at an Aviator today while I was out, but there aren’t any anywhere. Escape is still a ways off. New HD and that 7.3...soon. And that is essentially where Ford is right now...soon. And that’s ok, like I’ve said before, they’re headed in the right direction, just not exactly there yet.

This time next year Ford should be rolling.

You want an Aviator today? Oh.... Today for today? Is a pity. Maybe if you have a headache, a pharmacy will sell you an aspirine today. But if you want an Aviator today because today you woke up wanting to drive a new Aviator, it is possible that, as in almost all cases, buying it takes more than a day. Maybe (horror!) until you have to ask the factory according to your specifications, which may delay delivery some months. But of course, that happens only with Ford and Linconl.

[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png[/IMG]

P.S .: I already ordered to manufacture my new Mercedes-Benz A-180, in red jupiter (red had to be!) with all the technology available for this car. They will deliver it to me already in the autumn (end of October). And, when i went to the dealer to buy the car, there are no one A-Class there. Of course, now we can see and configurate the cars in internet... So.... [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/images/smilies/angel.gif[/IMG]
..I’m not ordering a $100k vehicle without seeing one. Maybe buying a $25k hatch is OK to order online, but there are an awful lot of cars available at $100k, and I’d like to know something about how they drive before I plunk down any cash on one. I know, crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #442 of 468 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:03 AM
Ford Falcon

Re: BRONCO ...thread continued

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
If I am trolling then answer me this:

I walked a few months ago into a Ford dealer with the intent to replace my leased 17 Escape...I wanted a PHEV with AWD but was open to a well priced gas or hybrid as well.

Did Ford have something to sell me?! Nope they only had the same Escape....no changes....same Explorer (which Iíve had 2)...a Edge that looked slightly different but had the same interior I had in my 2011 Ford Taurus!!!

So yeah...your fresher product isnít here right now, itís still coming....

So hereís the question...if I went to the dealer today to buy a PHEV Escape, could I? Or even a hybrid Escape or Explorer? Or EVEN a gas one?

The only competition that is going down the same hole as Ford is Nissan....
So your complaint is Ford doesn't have what you want at that time - which you know/knew the products weren't out yet - when the new products you do want are to arrive within a month or two of your visit?

Quote:
So wait...then I CANT!!! And will still have to wait 2 months?!

See BOOM! Ford sales is down because of people like me, we shopped Ford, we wanted to stay but there was nothing to see beyond the F150 (which I bought one) and went right into the competition to find a replacement.

I am not trashing Ford...where did you read that? In fact I still have 2 in my garage, so I am helping pay for you salary.

I am stating facts and looking at whatís happening....sales are significantly down, I donít see enough movement to help save any of that....all I hear is vapourware...I suspect my C-Max will get replaced with a Prius Prime or RAV4 hybrid because the Escape PHEV is AGAIN not here soon enough.
I'm just not understanding. The product you want is coming soon - and you know it's coming soon - yet you absolutely cannot wait a few months?

I understand the "regular" consumer having no idea and walking into a dealer and it being the same models (upon which, dealership personnel could inform them a new model will be there in a few weeks).

But you follow things on the forums here, and know when the new vehicles are arriving (Ford itself said some new Explorers were sold in June, so it's arriving as we speak), yet are still arguing that new product is nowhere to be found and never coming?

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #443 of 468 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:25 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
..Iím not ordering a $100k vehicle without seeing one. Maybe buying a $25k hatch is OK to order online, but there are an awful lot of cars available at $100k, and Iíd like to know something about how they drive before I plunk down any cash on one. I know, crazy.

25K Hatch? Iīm not buying a Fiesta. And if you want to test drive a car, you always can ask your dealer for that.

post #444 of 468 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:47 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Quote:
..I’m not ordering a $100k vehicle without seeing one. Maybe buying a $25k hatch is OK to order online, but there are an awful lot of cars available at $100k, and I’d like to know something about how they drive before I plunk down any cash on one. I know, crazy.

25K Hatch? Iīm not buying a Fiesta. And if you want to test drive a car, you always can ask your dealer for that.
...that’s the point, there aren’t any to test drive. So, who in their right mind orders a $100k car without test driving it?
post #445 of 468 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:53 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
...thatís the point, there arenít any to test drive. So, who in their right mind orders a $100k car without test driving it?
Plenty of people order high end cars without driving them.

I'd like to drive a vehicle first as well. Usually, you can order one and only take it if you like it, if you drive it and don't you don't have to take it.

Current Vehicles:
post #446 of 468 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
Quote:
If I am trolling then answer me this:

I walked a few months ago into a Ford dealer with the intent to replace my leased 17 Escape...I wanted a PHEV with AWD but was open to a well priced gas or hybrid as well.

Did Ford have something to sell me?! Nope they only had the same Escape....no changes....same Explorer (which I’ve had 2)...a Edge that looked slightly different but had the same interior I had in my 2011 Ford Taurus!!!

So yeah...your fresher product isn’t here right now, it’s still coming....

So here’s the question...if I went to the dealer today to buy a PHEV Escape, could I? Or even a hybrid Escape or Explorer? Or EVEN a gas one?

The only competition that is going down the same hole as Ford is Nissan....
So your complaint is Ford doesn't have what you want at that time - which you know/knew the products weren't out yet - when the new products you do want are to arrive within a month or two of your visit?

Quote:
So wait...then I CANT!!! And will still have to wait 2 months?!

See BOOM! Ford sales is down because of people like me, we shopped Ford, we wanted to stay but there was nothing to see beyond the F150 (which I bought one) and went right into the competition to find a replacement.

I am not trashing Ford...where did you read that? In fact I still have 2 in my garage, so I am helping pay for you salary.

I am stating facts and looking at what’s happening....sales are significantly down, I don’t see enough movement to help save any of that....all I hear is vapourware...I suspect my C-Max will get replaced with a Prius Prime or RAV4 hybrid because the Escape PHEV is AGAIN not here soon enough.
I'm just not understanding. The product you want is coming soon - and you know it's coming soon - yet you absolutely cannot wait a few months?

I understand the "regular" consumer having no idea and walking into a dealer and it being the same models (upon which, dealership personnel could inform them a new model will be there in a few weeks).

But you follow things on the forums here, and know when the new vehicles are arriving (Ford itself said some new Explorers were sold in June, so it's arriving as we speak), yet are still arguing that new product is nowhere to be found and never coming?
Hey I tried to wait by getting a lease extension but Ford said they could only do a 6 months...not enough time to get a 2020 Escape, neither a PHEV, neither an Explorer hybrid.... So it’s an actual real scenario of a regular customer looking to buy a new car 😉
post #447 of 468 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Hey I tried to wait by getting a lease extension but Ford said they could only do a 6 months...not enough time to get a 2020 Escape, neither a PHEV, neither an Explorer hybrid.... So itís an actual real scenario of a regular customer looking to buy a new car 😉
Well, at that point, there WILL be regular (ICE only power) new Escapes and Explorers on the lot, which was also your complaint.

Current Vehicles:
post #448 of 468 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 02:54 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
...that’s the point, there aren’t any to test drive. So, who in their right mind orders a $100k car without test driving it?

Oh.... I get it. The same occured with me at the Mercedes-Benz dealer when I asked them for the EQA...
They said to me that the vehicle was in the development and launching process.

P.S.: Sarcasm. I hope you know what it mean.

post #449 of 468 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 02:55 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
Quote:
Plenty of people order high end cars without driving them.

I'd like to drive a vehicle first as well. Usually, you can order one and only take it if you like it, if you drive it and don't you don't have to take it.
...what I asked, you didn’t answer. Plenty of people may do it, that doesn’t necessarily make them in their right mind. If you’re replacing one 911 with another, then, sure. When it is an all new vehicle on an all new platform with an all new hybrid drivetrain, I’m going to need a little more up close and personal time.
post #450 of 468 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 02:57 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:

Hey I tried to wait by getting a lease extension but Ford said they could only do a 6 months...not enough time to get a 2020 Escape, neither a PHEV, neither an Explorer hybrid.... So it’s an actual real scenario of a regular customer looking to buy a new car 😉
...but, they’ll be here soon. So, real life doesn’t count.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page