2018 Ford Explorer - Page 12 - Ford Inside News Community
 51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 05:15 PM
Ford Focus

Re: 2018 Ford Explorer

https://www.caranddriver.com/flipboo...-worst-to-best

C&D ranks the Explorer out of 22 vehicles; number 20!

22. Dodge Journey
21. Toyota 4Runner
20. Ford Explorer
19. Ford Flex
18. Nissan Pathfinder
17. Toyota Highlander
1. Mazda CX-9
2b2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 06:48 PM
Ford Kuga

Critics have always hated the NG Explorer, but it's a good seller and people love it so who exactly is right here? If nothing else the Explorer is still a very attractive and well equipped SUV. A new one is coming in a few years which should help to finally modernize its ancient bones and make better use of Ford's excellent drivetrains. Most of the complaints comes down to subjective things like driving characteristics.

The thing that has always turned me off to any of the D3/D4 cars is the terrible front legroom which they noticed. It's the reason I wouldn't buy any of those cars. Ford is very good at sprucing up and successfully selling some of the industry's oldest platforms, but that means if they don't get it right from the beginning it haunts every vehicle for way too long.

The Edge is up there however and it's already getting a thorough facelift and it's underpinned by Ford's only contemporary platform.
ehaase likes this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 02-22-2018 at 07:03 PM.
post #113 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 07:18 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Wild View Post
https://www.caranddriver.com/flipboo...-worst-to-best

C&D ranks the Explorer out of 22 vehicles; number 20!

22. Dodge Journey
21. Toyota 4Runner
20. Ford Explorer
19. Ford Flex
18. Nissan Pathfinder
17. Toyota Highlander
1. Mazda CX-9
I remain a print subscriber, and I visit the website daily, but Car and Driver has become shamefully biased. Anything wearing a Mazda badge is absolutely glorified, and the industry darling Honda isn't too far behind. This ranking is a perfect example. As a rule, 3-row crossovers are purchased to haul people and stuff. Despite being generally terrible at both, the CX-9 has won comparison test after comparison test. The Highlander, a vehicle that's 7" shorter and 2" narrower, has more interior volume. Even with the CX-9's third row folded, the CR-V has more cargo capacity. Vehicles like the Traverse and Atlas absolutely embarrass Mazda's "people mover".

To be clear, I like the CX-9 a lot. If it were a few inches shorter and available with two rows, I might even own one myself. But to say that it's the best minivan alternative is laughable.
2b2 likes this.

Rod

2017 MKX 2.7T Black Label
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI

post #114 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 07:35 PM
Ford Kuga

Everybody is praising anything Mazda and I think it's well earned, but that doesn't mean it serves a wider variety of customer's needs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page