2020 Escape - Page 13 - Ford Inside News Community
 116Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 263 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 05:22 PM
Ford Ka

Re: 2020 Escape

I think the vehicle with camo might be the C-Max successor. It looks smaller than an Escape/Kuga. It's already known that Ford is developing a crossover vehicle based on C2 focus platform, that replaces the C-Max.
2b2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 263 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 09:33 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
I really like what's been achieved with reconfiguring the next Focus and in particular, the Active.
It may be exactly what the US market is looking for in this segment. I hope they do likewise with

a Mondeo Active in either hatch or Station wagon, offerings that open eyes to the possibilities
instead of ruminating on losses...
This one 'Active' model at $3k - $5k more than the Focus hatch won't get close to the 200k sales of Focus models before Ford let the model age on the vine. Even if they wanted it to compete with the Subaru, the Active lacks the AWD system that makes the Subaru a Subaru. But Ford did say they were only focused on an 'image' upgrade for the higher price.
post #123 of 263 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 09:43 AM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
This one 'Active' model at $3k - $5k more than the Focus hatch won't get close to the 200k sales of Focus models before Ford let the model age on the vine.
1. You have no idea how many will sell. Regardless, if they make profits per sale, the matter is moot.
2. Focus was not making money. Selling more of something with no profit just stresses your infastructure.
3. Toyota gave minimum updates and investments to the corolla for ages, and did not see sales falter. Ford put quite a bit of tech and image building into the Focus, yet sales faded anyway.
4. If you are selling a car at minimal profit, even the most basic recall could turn those sales into losses.

Pleas stop being so negative about everything. If it stresses you out, maybe you should follow the trials and tribulations of another manufacturer.
spudz64 likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes

post #124 of 263 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 10:52 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
1. You have no idea how many will sell. Regardless, if they make profits per sale, the matter is moot.
2. Focus was not making money. Selling more of something with no profit just stresses your infastructure.
3. Toyota gave minimum updates and investments to the corolla for ages, and did not see sales falter. Ford put quite a bit of tech and image building into the Focus, yet sales faded anyway.
4. If you are selling a car at minimal profit, even the most basic recall could turn those sales into losses.

Pleas stop being so negative about everything. If it stresses you out, maybe you should follow the trials and tribulations of another manufacturer.

Well to be fair part of the reason the Focus lost so many sales was the whole controversy of the DCT
2b2, AM222, glyphics and 1 others like this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #125 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 05:55 PM
Ford Falcon

I just read the Baby Bronco will also be Focus-based (C2) like the next Escape.
- https://www.motor1.com/news/261928/f...ocus-platform/

I guess the reason the next Escape looks sleeker (like a lifted hatchback) is to further differentiate it from the Yet-to-be-named small SUV (aka Baby Bronco) which will have a more traditional SUV shape.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020-Escape-vs-Unnamed-SUV.jpg (184.1 KB, 79 views)
scford58 likes this.

Last edited by AM222; 08-10-2018 at 05:59 PM.
post #126 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
I just read the Baby Bronco will also be Focus-based (C2) like the next Escape.
- https://www.motor1.com/news/261928/f...ocus-platform/

I guess the reason the next Escape looks sleeker (like a lifted hatchback) is to further differentiate it from the Yet-to-be-named small SUV (aka Baby Bronco) which will have a more traditional SUV shape.
Exactly, and if you think about it, the Kuga has always been a smoother, car like CUV rather than the original US Escape, so when they merged, our Escape appeared softer. In the redo a few years back they tried to butch it up a bit with squarer taillamps, etc. So I see the new Escape being softer as itís folowing the Kuga path again, and this new Bronco like CUV will appeal to the truck-liking crowd, a win-win!
post #127 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 07:54 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudz64 View Post
Exactly, and if you think about it, the Kuga has always been a smoother, car like CUV rather than the original US Escape, so when they merged, our Escape appeared softer. In the redo a few years back they tried to butch it up a bit with squarer taillamps, etc. So I see the new Escape being softer as itís folowing the Kuga path again, and this new Bronco like CUV will appeal to the truck-liking crowd, a win-win!

A win-win situation. But Ford needs another crossover in that segment: a smaller-than-the-Kuga, low high crossover to replace the C-Max.

Is clear , now, that the new Baby Bronco is the base for the rumored new compact , unibody FWD pick up truck.

post #128 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 09:08 AM
Ford Explorer

I keep struggling with the idea of no sedans. So if they did 'just offer something' for consumers, and that something is paltry numbers that don't come close to justify the cost to design/engineer/test/manufacture that vehicle(s) and then change it up every few years to stay competitive and at immense additional cost, does it matter if a few customers go elsewhere? And I will also argue that, many of those customers, just choose another Ford option anyway. An option that is far more profitable.
ehaase likes this.

Last edited by wingsnut; 08-11-2018 at 10:38 AM.
post #129 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 02:23 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudz64 View Post
Exactly, and if you think about it, the Kuga has always been a smoother, car like CUV rather than the original US Escape, so when they merged, our Escape appeared softer. In the redo a few years back they tried to butch it up a bit with squarer taillamps, etc. So I see the new Escape being softer as it’s folowing the Kuga path again, and this new Bronco like CUV will appeal to the truck-liking crowd, a win-win!
I wonder if Ford plans to introduce the next Escape or mini-Bronco in Asia (outside China).
Ford in the region currently has a huge gap between the EcoSport and the Ranger-based Everest SUV.
post #130 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 04:26 PM
Ford Kuga

FWIW, the code for the 3rd Pickup is P7XX along with a CX7XX designation, which implies that it's actually two vehicles, a truck and a crossover. The Bronco Mini is CX430, Escape is also a CX4XX number. Essentially they are related project codes, meaning they are largely being developed under the same program along with the new Focus they are based on. The codes imply that the Courier Truck and the new Crossover it's based upon are not necessarily related to the new C2 products (they are also a number of years apart anyway). The NG EcoSport does have a CX7XX code as well which tells me these products might be under co-development (again these re all 2-3 years after Escape/Maverick/Focus).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page