2020 Escape - Page 22 - Ford Inside News Community
 116Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 11:38 AM
Ford Focus

Re: 2020 Escape

Chinese Escape. Not a fan of this grill at all but Ford logo on the grill looks pretty good.

https://www.autohome.com.cn/news/201904/932577.html

Quick chop of EU-spec with logo on the grill.
Logans Run likes this.

Last edited by Rick Astley; 04-03-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 12:54 PM
Ford Focus

Send a message via Skype™ to Nitro
[QUOTE=Rick Astley;413212]Chinese Escape. Not a fan of this grill but Ford logo on the grill looks pretty good.

https://www.autohome.com.cn/news/201904/932577.html

Now THAT is UGLY. It does not suit the looks at all. Yuck. Glad we will be getting the Kuga (might be renamed as Escape) here in South Africa. That is the best looking version of all these

Too much horse power is just enough!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #213 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 02:16 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Astley View Post
I think the Chinese-market Escape looks decent.

The grille seems to be inspired by the one on the Edge.

Last edited by AM222; 04-03-2019 at 02:19 PM.

post #214 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:24 AM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Astley View Post

Quick chop of EU-spec with logo on the grill.
This looks much better than what we are getting. I think I will still prefer the "baby" Bronco/Maverick though.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #215 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 06:06 AM
Ford Focus

Of the three new Escape versions, the Chinese version exterior is the most attractive, follow by the Euro model Escape. The U.S./N.A. version is cladded in matte black at the bottom and in the wheel wheels and just look cheap looking like Ford cut cost for U.S. version.
bravestar likes this.
post #216 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 07:57 AM
Focus RS WRC

Are you guys assuming the cladding difference is EU vs US difference? I am 100% expecting it to be model dependent.

Second .. I never got the black cladding hate. It's practical especially for the scuff-prone american parking lots. I looks good on the Escape and on the Mazda CUVs ... and pretty much everywhere else it's currently deployed.
post #217 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:23 PM
Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor2 View Post
Are you guys assuming the cladding difference is EU vs US difference? I am 100% expecting it to be model dependent.

Second .. I never got the black cladding hate. It's practical especially for the scuff-prone american parking lots. I looks good on the Escape and on the Mazda CUVs ... and pretty much everywhere else it's currently deployed.
If one looks at the true off-road vehicles, G-Class Wagon developed for the Saudi military, Land Cruiser, Range Rover among others have no cladding whatever in the body. These are “rock crawler” vehicles doing the Rubicon Trail!
post #218 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:33 PM
FIN Staff Member

The new Escape for NA does look much better. Expect there will be a price increase from the current model, pushing it over $7k more than a base Focus would cost. The current Escape is $6k more than Focus. Which means that Focus buyers won't be upgrading to Escape but going to another brand offering sedans in the sub $20k range. New 'Baby Bronco' which should bring back the boxy Escape look should also also add another price increase above the Escape, I am guessing at least $2k or $8k+ than a Focus. Which means that between the two Escape models Ford should be able to hold on to the compact suc/crossover consumers they already have and maybe some conquests from other compact suv/crossovers. But the compact car consumers will be going to another brand, and Ford is fine with that. Since a sale of one of the two Escape models offers at least $6k margin.

But consumer tastes are changing YTD. Just about all the compact crosovers/suvs are down this year and especially for March, while midsize and compact cars are up. Escape down at 21k is well below Civic that is up at over 33k, or Corolla at 21k or Altima at 23k, Camry at 33k or Accord at 25k. And the Ford Edge at just over 10k is outsold by the Ford Tramsit at just over 11k for the month and YTD.

It does look like Ford's idea that consumers will just pay $6k+ more for an SUV/crossover for an 'image upgrade' is not paying off based on actual sales numbers, as consumers seem to be switching back to less expensive, better handling, more efficient sedans that Ford is cancelling. Well, Focus and Fusion has been cancelled in NA, but Fusion production continues out another model year with sales down to 14k in March. Looking at the change in consumer trends in motions today, my initial idea of higher volume Fusion/MKZ/Mondeo becoming Ford/Lincolns new 200+ - 300+ mile EV usiing VWs MEB platform still makes more sense than a low volume, very expensive Mustang-ish suv with Ford/industry greed producing a growing glut of overlapping SUV/crossovers canibalizing each other.
post #219 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post

The new Escape for NA does look much better. Expect there will be a price increase from the current model, pushing it over $7k more than a base Focus would cost. The current Escape is $6k more than Focus. Which means that Focus buyers won't be upgrading to Escape but going to another brand offering sedans in the sub $20k range. New 'Baby Bronco' which should bring back the boxy Escape look should also also add another price increase above the Escape, I am guessing at least $2k or $8k+ than a Focus. Which means that between the two Escape models Ford should be able to hold on to the compact suc/crossover consumers they already have and maybe some conquests from other compact suv/crossovers. But the compact car consumers will be going to another brand, and Ford is fine with that. Since a sale of one of the two Escape models offers at least $6k margin.

But consumer tastes are changing YTD. Just about all the compact crosovers/suvs are down this year and especially for March, while midsize and compact cars are up. Escape down at 21k is well below Civic that is up at over 33k, or Corolla at 21k or Altima at 23k, Camry at 33k or Accord at 25k. And the Ford Edge at just over 10k is outsold by the Ford Tramsit at just over 11k for the month and YTD.

It does look like Ford's idea that consumers will just pay $6k+ more for an SUV/crossover for an 'image upgrade' is not paying off based on actual sales numbers, as consumers seem to be switching back to less expensive, better handling, more efficient sedans that Ford is cancelling. Well, Focus and Fusion has been cancelled in NA, but Fusion production continues out another model year with sales down to 14k in March. Looking at the change in consumer trends in motions today, my initial idea of higher volume Fusion/MKZ/Mondeo becoming Ford/Lincolns new 200+ - 300+ mile EV usiing VWs MEB platform still makes more sense than a low volume, very expensive Mustang-ish suv with Ford/industry greed producing a growing glut of overlapping SUV/crossovers canibalizing each other.
Like I said in the other thread, a good chunk of Ford's lineup is about to be replaced, that's why sales are down - people don't want old models.

Also, there are other smaller/cheaper crossover models coming too.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #220 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 01:08 AM
Focus RS

Social media is on fire over the design...lots of people are doing the same comparison we are here - it looks like a Kia.

Last time I saw such an uproar was with the new GM trucks design...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page