2020 Escape - Page 23 - Ford Inside News Community
 116Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #221 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 07:13 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: 2020 Escape

The more I look at the newer pictures and look again at the old design, the more I recognize that Ford has a winner that will be brilliantly differentiated from the more aggressive mini Bronco.

As for all this social media disgrace......I spend far too much time on social media, and I have literally not seen anything....except here. But that's just me

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:18 AM
Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
The more I look at the newer pictures and look again at the old design, the more I recognize that Ford has a winner that will be brilliantly differentiated from the more aggressive mini Bronco.

As for all this social media disgrace......I spend far too much time on social media, and I have literally not seen anything....except here. But that's just me [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
Feel free to visit Ford’s Facebook and Twitter...it’s literally full of comments of people that aren’t not enjoying the new looks and dislike the idea that the Escape does not look like a SUV anymore. Again hard to say what will happen based on comments...

In GM’s case, sales took a deep dive...
post #223 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 05:53 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor2 View Post
Are you guys assuming the cladding difference is EU vs US difference? I am 100% expecting it to be model dependent.
Most likely. My guess is the regular Kuga trims probably have the same matt black cladding as the US Escape.
The ST-Line and Vignale usually have unique front ends and body-colored cladding.

Last edited by AM222; 04-06-2019 at 08:00 PM.

post #224 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Ford Explorer

Black cladding is fine. We all know it's plastic, and molded plastic is more durable. I see it on a lot of off roaders

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
post #225 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:24 AM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
Social media is on fire over the design...lots of people are doing the same comparison we are here - it looks like a Kia.

Last time I saw such an uproar was with the new GM trucks design...
Social media erupts over everything. The thing will look nice in person and 99% of shoppers looking at the Escape aren't in the Car and Driver comments section. It's cancer no matter the article. Remember when people freaked out over the 2015 Mustang redesign and now everyone loves it? Being appalled is fashionable nowadays so it's often illegitimate.
badhac likes this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #226 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:35 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
Social media erupts over everything. The thing will look nice in person and 99% of shoppers looking at the Escape aren't in the Car and Driver comments section. It's cancer no matter the article. Remember when people freaked out over the 2015 Mustang redesign and now everyone loves it? Being appalled is fashionable nowadays so it's often illegitimate.
People freaked out over the 2015 redesign? I don't remember that at all.

I've loved it since day 1.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #227 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:31 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post

I've loved it since day 1 as well, but yeah a lot of people for some reason hated it. Just the other day I saw a comment on how Ford ruined the Mustang with the S550 gen. More people have come to like it though, up until the 2018 refresh which divided people again lol.
post #228 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:21 PM
Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post

People loved the redesign - it was general consensus with many saying the 2015 was on pair with the 69 classic Mustang design.

Not sure where he got that one...
post #229 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Ford Explorer

Billions of people on social media sites always exaggerate when they try to make a point. I have seen it a trillion times.

post #230 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:40 PM
Ford Explorer

I have really grown to like the new Escape. I was a bit tepid at first, missing it's truckish profile. But that is now what I am so glad it got rid of.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page