Escape Flunks Crash Test - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 25Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 10:03 AM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,376
Re: Escape Flunks Crash Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
Things like this are why you DON'T fanboy a corporation, these decisions are made with full awareness of the consequences to their customers. You criticize and hold them accountable and praise them when they do the right thing, you don't ignore/forgive/excuse.

Safety is my highest priority and if there is a significant differential like this, then it's inexcusable and why I get especially vocal about it. I understand why people like Wings see no fuss here, best safety is not important to all customers...neither is best quality, best performance, best fuel economy. There is a car for everyone.
More nonsense.
Here is what you stated that I took umbrage with:
"Ford has probably determined that acing safety tests it not a key deciding factor for its customers so it spends as little as possible"

Goodness, hat is such an egregiously false statement that it is closer to defamation than anything else. Don't worry, I won't ask you to prove it, because I know you can't.

Here is the truth of the matter that everyone here should know, most do, yet some continue to troll this Ford site anyway:

Ford, like every single other automaker, has a clear and concise cadence of all products and technologies for the coming years, balanced of course against many decisions. Some simply adopt a bit sooner than others, which is a far cry from that pathetic fraking statement you made above, so skirt it any way you like, the truth is clear and customers are not in danger from Ford, as you put it. My God man.

Meanwhile, Ford is about to launch their ALL NEW Escape, which will no doubt be at the top in terms of safety, if not the top.
wingsnut is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Ford Kuga
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,812
Re: Escape Flunks Crash Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
More nonsense.
Here is what you stated that I took umbrage with:
"Ford has probably determined that acing safety tests it not a key deciding factor for its customers so it spends as little as possible"

Goodness, hat is such an egregiously false statement that it is closer to defamation than anything else. Don't worry, I won't ask you to prove it, because I know you can't.

Here is the truth of the matter that everyone here should know, most do, yet some continue to troll this Ford site anyway:

Ford, like every single other automaker, has a clear and concise cadence of all products and technologies for the coming years, balanced of course against many decisions. Some simply adopt a bit sooner than others, which is a far cry from that pathetic fraking statement you made above, so skirt it any way you like, the truth is clear and customers are not in danger from Ford, as you put it. My God man.

Meanwhile, Ford is about to launch their ALL NEW Escape, which will no doubt be at the top in terms of safety, if not the top.
I'll make this very simple for you because I know you've never done an ounce of research that didn't support your world view and take offense on every critique with such religiosity it's beyond predictable.

This is the 2010 Chevy Equinox which scored "Good"


This is the 2013 Escape which scored "Poor"


So...by 2020 we can expect Escape to ace a test that Chevy aced 10 years earlier despite the fact that Escape was 3 years newer when it came out.

And before you claim Equinox was an Edge competitor, the 2015 Edge only earned an Acceptable rating.

Feel free to explain to me how this happens. Blind luck on Chevy's part?

And you're still ignoring the fact that Ford only reinforced the driver side and still earned a Marginal rating while ignoring the passenger side completely. So even when they acknowledged the problem with a "fix", they made a decision to screw the passenger knowing that customers will think it's symmetrical.

I love Ford and if you only chose to see what I criticize and not what I praise, than this is your fault, not mine. But I strongly believe in progress through critical analysis and competitive comparisons, not just blind evangelism. Ford did not do the right thing by for their customers even when they were given the tools to make it right and I think that deserves some criticism, not "They'll nail it next time and be the best ever!". I had assumed that about the Edge and that didn't happen.

Last edited by Assimilator; 04-05-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Assimilator is offline  
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 06:32 PM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,376
Re: Escape Flunks Crash Test

Like I stated Ass imilator, marginal at best What the frak difference is there in those two pics exactly, of vehicles that are practically different classes in size? Almost NOTHING. That aside, you are NOT forgiven for that comment you made that I am happy to repeat it again and again to call you out on it. Stop the fucking dramatization please, it is pathetic.

**********************
"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
wingsnut is online now  
 
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Ford Kuga
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,812
Re: Escape Flunks Crash Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Like I stated Ass imilator, marginal at best What the frak difference is there in those two pics exactly, of vehicles that are practically different classes in size? Almost NOTHING. That aside, you are NOT forgiven for that comment you made that I am happy to repeat it again and again to call you out on it. Stop the fucking dramatization please, it is pathetic.
You can't even get insults right, it's suppose to be Ass Stimulator! There, I even had to help you with that! Notice I don't need to resort to name calling to make my point.

And yes, there is abundant evidence presented here to demonstrate that Ford HAS recently under-invested on safety and even cost cutting it out in several instances like the F-150 which IIHS caught them reinforcing differently. And now here is another example with Escape.

All of which you continue to ignore and not confront and make excuses for.

And the differences between those images is either self explanatory or you chose not to see the difference, or not accept their findings which they are generated methodically and scientifically. And since I knew you would consider Equinox a different class of vehicle, I talked bout the Edge with Equinox still bested...which is bigger, more expensive, and newer than Equinox!

Last edited by Assimilator; 04-05-2018 at 08:20 PM.
Assimilator is offline  
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 08:22 PM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,376
Re: Escape Flunks Crash Test

Ass Stimulator? really Borg? I would rather NOT get that one right, thank you very much.

Look, you can continue to call me fanboy and claim that I can't take any Ford criticism, like you so often do. But if that were true, my God man, literally every post you make would be criticized by me. But I don't. You are legendary with your nonstop Ford criticism in fact. I reserve my criticism for when it is supremely pathetic, like in this case. I still can't believe your sweeping false generalization, as if you actually believed it You are so very wrong on this matter and I am more than happy to call you out on it.

**********************
"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
wingsnut is online now  
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Ford Kuga
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,812
Re: Escape Flunks Crash Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Ass Stimulator? really Borg? I would rather NOT get that one right, thank you very much.

Look, you can continue to call me fanboy and claim that I can't take any Ford criticism, like you so often do. But if that were true, my God man, literally every post you make would be criticized by me. But I don't. You are legendary with your nonstop Ford criticism in fact. I reserve my criticism for when it is supremely pathetic, like in this case. I still can't believe your sweeping false generalization, as if you actually believed it You are so very wrong on this matter and I am more than happy to call you out on it.
Yet another circular argument that never gets to the substance and ignores absolutely everything I was just talking about. You take issue not with the content but with me. I suggest you get over it and ignore it and come back with real thoughtful analysis instead of just reducing it to anger and irrelevancy.
Assimilator is offline  
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 09:47 PM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,376
Re: Escape Flunks Crash Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
Yet another circular argument that never gets to the substance and ignores absolutely everything I was just talking about. You take issue not with the content but with me. I suggest you get over it and ignore it and come back with real thoughtful analysis instead of just reducing it to anger and irrelevancy.
Thoughtful analysis huh.
Comic relief appears to be your intentions lately.

**********************
"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
wingsnut is online now  
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 08:42 AM
Ford Kuga
 
gjrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,913
Garage
Re: Escape Flunks Crash Test

Haha ass stimulator. That's fcking hilarious.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
gjrip is offline  
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 08:43 AM
Focus RS WRC
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 846
Re: Escape Flunks Crash Test

Some people don't believe that tough-love is LOVE!
2b2 likes this.
glyphics is offline  
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 08:58 AM
Ford Kuga
 
gjrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,913
Garage
Re: Escape Flunks Crash Test

Okay no one asked for it but I'm going to give my opinion because this is the internet and I can.

I own a 2016 Escape and was thinking of leasing a 2018 Escape to hold me over until Aviator production kinks have been worked out. But I find this disappointing. To Borgs point, it's a pretty clear cost saving move for Ford to not reinforce the passenger side and the results are definitely objectively suffering relative to the competition because of it. It's just obviously a weaker architecture for this weird offset crash test. But seeing how small of a front end the Escape has relative to the vehicle size I'm not entirely surprised. I still think they could have done more to reinforce the vehicle where necessary and it's an obvious lapse in prioritization. In fact, it's a bit of an ethical dilemma. I recommend reading the canons of the NSPE Code of Ethics. As a professional engineer, I see the lack of reinforcement as an ethical misstep, likely (I'm 100% positive) committed by the suits who want to save money. It's a classic Pinto gas tank case on a much smaller scale.

To Wings point, the Escape performs very very well in other crash tests and the drama about this test seems a bit overdone. The architecture of the Escape dates back to the 2006 Kuga, and the overlap test wasn't introduced until 2012. Not giving an excuse, but rather a reason. Retrofits are never as good as a redesign, and the Escape as we know is getting one soon. It's disappointing to see that the Escape doesn't perform as well in this test but it's not like it's an unsafe vehicle overall.

I still think their halfass fix is a little shameful but I still feel safe in my Escape.
wingsnut, 2b2 and Assimilator like this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
gjrip is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome