Ford "Maverick" (baby Bronco) LEAKS - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 49Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 05:44 AM
Ford Falcon
 
AM222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,647
Re: Ford "Maverick" (baby Bronco) LEAKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Bronco II was sold alongside Bronco, so I am still hoping for the return of Bronco II.
Maverick reminds me of one of the worst products ever from Ford.
Didn't the Bronco II have a bad reputation for tipping over (there were many lawsuits).

I don't think Maverick was one of the worst Ford cars, it was just normal.
When equipped right, I think the Maverick was more of a Mustang than the Mustang II.


A bit off-topic, other Ford-badged vehicles that used the Maverick name...



Australian Ford Maverick
falcon lover likes this.

Last edited by AM222; 11-20-2018 at 06:06 AM.
AM222 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 06:27 AM
Ford Falcon Ute
 
falcon lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,994
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: Ford "Maverick" (baby Bronco) LEAKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
Didn't the Bronco II have a bad reputation for tipping over (there were many lawsuits).

I don't think Maverick was one of the worst Ford cars, it was just normal.
When equipped right, I think the Maverick was more of a Mustang than the Mustang II.


A bit off-topic, other Ford-badged vehicles that used the Maverick name...



Australian Ford Maverick

In europe , customers remember the name "Maverick" by the 1rst gen Escape version sold here. Is a better option than Bronco II.


But, anyway, Bronco II is not a bad idea...
tagorgia likes this.

_________________________________________________
falcon lover is online now  
post #23 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 10:27 AM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,810
Re: Ford "Maverick" (baby Bronco) LEAKS

Come on guys, custom modified Mavericks to prove a point? Hehehe.
Ok, ok….maybe I was a bit harsh, but I was never a fan and the name also reminds me of the Pinto era, which was right after one of the greatest eras ever from Ford. So I am a bit biased. Not exactly a huge following of treasured memories. We all have fond memories, heck maybe if you got laid in a Maverick, it conjures up warm thoughts. But for the record, this is the car I recall seeing a lot of, and I just don't see how it would help sell rather than Bronco II

tagorgia likes this.
wingsnut is online now  
 
post #24 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Focus RS WRC
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Bronco II was sold alongside Bronco, so I am still hoping for the return of Bronco II.
Maverick reminds me of one of the worst products ever from Ford.
Didn't the Bronco II have a bad reputation for tipping over (there were many lawsuits).

I don't think Maverick was one of the worst Ford cars, it was just normal.
When equipped right, I think the Maverick was more of a Mustang than the Mustang II.


A bit off-topic, other Ford-badged vehicles that used the Maverick name...



Australian Ford Maverick
...I owned and operated a Bronco II during my youth, amassing 150k miles on it. If I couldn't flip one given the complete and total recklessness in how I operated a motor vehicle in those days, it would take quite an incident to turtle it. I don't doubt many ended wrong side up, but I'd wager it was far fewer than the number of CJs.
mooseman is online now  
post #25 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 02:29 PM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,810
Re: Ford "Maverick" (baby Bronco) LEAKS

I too owned a Bronco II, and I loved it. It was fun, sized perfect, great off road and actually very nimble to drive with its small wheel base. Awesome utility too, and I worked out of the back of it with the seats down and a large custom built plywood flooring with compartments and such. I towed my first fishing boat with it and it pulled it easily. It never once felt unsafe to me either. I did put slightly larger tires on it, not quite as big as the pic below, but they were popular off-roaders back in the day.

wingsnut is online now  
post #26 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 03:54 PM
Ford Falcon
 
AM222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,647
Re: Ford "Maverick" (baby Bronco) LEAKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
I too owned a Bronco II, and I loved it. It was fun, sized perfect, great off road and actually very nimble to drive with its small wheel base. Awesome utility too, and I worked out of the back of it with the seats down and a large custom built plywood flooring with compartments and such. I towed my first fishing boat with it and it pulled it easily. It never once felt unsafe to me either.

I see why you like the name, because you had one.
Will Ford use a model name that contains "Bronco" on a Focus-based crossover SUV?
AM222 is offline  
post #27 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 04:20 PM
Ford Mondeo
 
badhac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Newport News VA
Posts: 1,121
Garage
Re: Ford "Maverick" (baby Bronco) LEAKS

Personally I love the 70s Maverick, but I would rather they call it the Bronco II
badhac is offline  
post #28 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 05:51 PM
Focus RS WRC
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 866
Re: Ford "Maverick" (baby Bronco) LEAKS

I wonder if the majority of current buyers even remembers the old Maverick and how bad/good it was. Ford insiders and car nuts, yes; baby boomer's kids and grandkids, no.

It also seems to me that naming two different models with the same name is not good marketing in the 21st century. Mustang II didn't go over well. OK, that car didn't sell concurrently with the Mustang; it was just bad product.

IMO, the "baby Bronco" would be better off carving its own niche. If it is a fabulous product with great performance and looks, the name Maverick shouldn't hold it back. The name Maverick is also a better fit for an off-roader ute than it was for that small coupe of yesteryear.
falcon lover, 70 Stang and itsmebc like this.

Last edited by glyphics; 11-20-2018 at 05:54 PM.
glyphics is offline  
post #29 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 12:36 PM
Ford Ka
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 6
Re: Ford "Maverick" (baby Bronco) LEAKS

Maverick: "The Simple Machine". Speaking of ll's, there was an LTD ll that replaced the Torino in 1977. Didn't sell well.
Dawgman is offline  
post #30 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 09:08 PM
Ford Focus ZX
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 326
Re: Ford "Maverick" (baby Bronco) LEAKS

LTD II was one of Ford's worst names. I wish it had stayed Gran Torino. But it was outdated when it debuted, since GM's downsized big cars debuted the same time.
ehaase is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome