Advertisement

post #72 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 11:12 AM
Ford Focus

Garage
Re: Ford "Maverick" (baby Bronco) LEAKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
That's a long name...
Yeh, doesn't roll of the tongue too well.
post #73 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Ford Explorer

Everyone will probably just call it a baby Bronco or mini Bronco. I owned a Bronco II, and I recall just referring to it as the Bronco.......for example......(using a Dice Clay voice)....."get in the back seat of the Bronco honey, we're gonna throw some leg tonight."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #74 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 02:43 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...yes? GM hit their PHEV tax credit cap. Ford? Not even remotely close. Toyota off-reading? Uhh, the Land Cruiser, the Tacoma/Hilux? Both are about as revered as you can get. Land Cruiser and Hilux are THE choice for durability off-road when your life depends on it.

Yeah...
Volumes? Is that your definition of more engineering experience, or generations of models produced for many more years?
...be serious. Yes, volume matters. Significantly. Real world feedback over billions of miles is valuable data. No one questions the technical excellence of the Volt (or Bolt, for that matter). And, as great as the Aviator GT will no doubt be, my CT6 PHEV with a 2.0T is just as fast as a CT6 with a 400/400 3.0TT. And it beat the GT to market by several years. If GM had paired that up with the 3.0TT like Ford has done, it would be just as epic.

GM is a serious engineering company, as the new C8 clearly shows. Don’t discount the competition.
post #75 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 03:33 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
What's interesting about this and the Bronco is the fact that these are completely new entries for Ford, which means less canabalization, and more competitor sales impact. Bravo Ford. Offering hybrids for both was brilliant. Bravo again.
Considering the buzz the Bronco and Baby Bronco have been making around the world this past year, it's a huge missed opportunity for Ford not to sell it in global markets.
post #76 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 06:26 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
...be serious. Yes, volume matters. Significantly. Real world feedback over billions of miles is valuable data. No one questions the technical excellence of the Volt (or Bolt, for that matter). And, as great as the Aviator GT will no doubt be, my CT6 PHEV with a 2.0T is just as fast as a CT6 with a 400/400 3.0TT. And it beat the GT to market by several years. If GM had paired that up with the 3.0TT like Ford has done, it would be just as epic.

GM is a serious engineering company, as the new C8 clearly shows. Don’t discount the competition.

Wow.
So to be clear, in my remark about how I was confident that Ford would deliver hybrid Bronco without trouble, and I attributed it to what I felt was more TOTAL EXPERIENCE in off-roading, CUV's and hybrids.....somehow that lit your GM fuse. So let me ask you, Ford has years of full hybrid experience before GM's first, do you think in this topic about engineering experience, that a few hundred or even thousand additional volumes in a given year or two gives engineers more experience.....than actually developing and engineering them?

Yeah, I did not think so either. So to be clear, before you misinterpret yet again, volumes can matter. But in those numbers, not so much, especially if you are suggesting more so than years of development ezperience through multiple generations.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wingsnut; 08-02-2019 at 06:34 PM.
post #77 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via MSN to ZanatWork

Quote:
If If???

What are you doubting, Ford's lengthy experience with off road prowess or CUV's or hybrids or all the above? I honestly can't think of a single automaker with more total experience in all the above. Ford will deliver, no doubt in my mind.
How many got produced? We're just now seeing the Explorer/Aviator hybrids coming online, the old Escape hybrid was slow and obviously early in hybrid tech, the Fusion/MKZ hybrids were underwhelming, the CMAX is best forgotten (especially among those of us that would've loved the Focus ST wagon over here), and...

...what proven offroad hybrid prowess?

If GM can justify Buick, and if Honda can justify Acura, we can damned well have Mercury back.
post #78 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 02:22 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanatWork View Post
How many got produced? We're just now seeing the Explorer/Aviator hybrids coming online, the old Escape hybrid was slow and obviously early in hybrid tech, the Fusion/MKZ hybrids were underwhelming, the CMAX is best forgotten (especially among those of us that would've loved the Focus ST wagon over here), and...

I never mentiond having 'offroad hybrid prowess'. Where did you get that?
I did mention their total experience in,

offroading, dating back to orginal Bronco and most recently the Raptor
CUV/SUV, dating back to Explorer and original Escape
Hybrids, dating back to original Escape hybrid, and several generations of hybrid systems since

Not really sure what your argument is regarding previous hybrid performance or whatever. Does not really justify your doubts about delivering a completely unrelated product.

And you still owe me a discussion or an apology or both, on the climate change topic.

Waiting.

post #79 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 06:54 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanatWork View Post

I never mentiond having 'offroad hybrid prowess'. Where did you get that?
I did mention their total experience in,

offroading, dating back to orginal Bronco and most recently the Raptor
CUV/SUV, dating back to Explorer and original Escape
Hybrids, dating back to original Escape hybrid, and several generations of hybrid systems since

Not really sure what your argument is regarding previous hybrid performance or whatever. Does not really justify your doubts about delivering a completely unrelated product.

And you still owe me a discussion or an apology or both, on the climate change topic.

Waiting.
We provide examples that show you how behind Ford is in the new hybrid/EV space and you just keep whining whining and whining like a little b**** that you are.

Recognizing that something needs to change is the first step to do it, I am glad Ford’s new leadership can see that and is trying to do something about it - granted 10y behind others....
post #80 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 02:55 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Land Cruiser and Hilux are THE choice for durability off-road when your life depends on it.
Most of these are riding on the reputation/image of earlier models.

The current big Land Cruiser sold in the US has turned into a fat luxo barge.
The last real off-road Land Cruiser now is the Series-70 Land Cruiser (not sold in North America),

The modern Hilux is not any better than the Ford Ranger.

Last edited by AM222; 08-04-2019 at 02:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page