Ford "Maverick" (baby Bronco) LEAKS - Page 9 - Ford Inside News Community
 49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 07:49 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: Ford "Maverick" (baby Bronco) LEAKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
We provide examples that show you how behind Ford is in the new hybrid/EV space and you just keep whining whining and whining like a little b**** that you are.

Recognizing that something needs to change is the first step to do it, I am glad Fordís new leadership can see that and is trying to do something about it - granted 10y behind others....
zip it troll, nobody cares what you think.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 06:05 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Quote:
We provide examples that show you how behind Ford is in the new hybrid/EV space and you just keep whining whining and whining like a little b**** that you are.

Recognizing that something needs to change is the first step to do it, I am glad Ford’s new leadership can see that and is trying to do something about it - granted 10y behind others....
zip it troll, nobody cares what you think.
I am starting to think you are the fanboy troll here....can’t see beyond your tiny bubble!!!
post #83 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 06:22 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
I am starting to think you are the fanboy troll here....can’t see beyond your tiny bubble!!!
You clearly can't talk about the subject, only attack.

Stop the trolling

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #84 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 03:20 AM
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Quote:
You clearly can't talk about the subject, only attack.

Stop the trolling
Snow flakes....
post #85 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 07:37 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Snow flakes....
Wrong, the term you are fumbling for is snow flake. Unless you are talking about weather.

And I am the last person anyone would call that.

post #86 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:27 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
Land Cruiser and Hilux are THE choice for durability off-road when your life depends on it.
Most of these are riding on the reputation/image of earlier models.

The current big Land Cruiser sold in the US has turned into a fat luxo barge.
The last real off-road Land Cruiser now is the Series-70 Land Cruiser (not sold in North America),

The modern Hilux is not any better than the Ford Ranger.
...there is no doubt Toyota let the LC get fat over the years, but it is still available most places with locking diffs all around (front, rear, center). Nothing F makes matches that. I don’t doubt F’s engineering ability to make it happen, they just haven’t. But an Expi vs. LC off-road would end poorly for the Expi. The Explorer isn’t much better, just smaller.

Now, the Bronco will no doubt be bad-ass, and I can’t wait to see it. Hopefully it has all the goodies and just isn’t about removable bits.

As for the Ranger vs. Hilux, you’re in the same place. Ranger could offer great things, but doesn’t. Suggesting a stock Ranger would hang with a TRD Pro, though, is silly. It wouldn’t.

I look forward to Ranger Rev 2 when they hopefully bring more off-road tech to the table, including the Raptor.
post #87 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:19 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
...there is no doubt Toyota let the LC get fat over the years, but it is still available most places with locking diffs all around (front, rear, center). Nothing F makes matches that. I donít doubt Fís engineering ability to make it happen, they just havenít. But an Expi vs. LC off-road would end poorly for the Expi. The Explorer isnít much better, just smaller.

Now, the Bronco will no doubt be bad-ass, and I canít wait to see it. Hopefully it has all the goodies and just isnít about removable bits.

As for the Ranger vs. Hilux, youíre in the same place. Ranger could offer great things, but doesnít. Suggesting a stock Ranger would hang with a TRD Pro, though, is silly. It wouldnít.

I look forward to Ranger Rev 2 when they hopefully bring more off-road tech to the table, including the Raptor.
FYI - The next gen Hilux and Tacoma are suppose to be the similar and same basic frame.
post #88 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:46 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
...there is no doubt Toyota let the LC get fat over the years, but it is still available most places with locking diffs all around (front, rear, center). Nothing F makes matches that. I don’t doubt F’s engineering ability to make it happen, they just haven’t. But an Expi vs. LC off-road would end poorly for the Expi. The Explorer isn’t much better, just smaller.

Now, the Bronco will no doubt be bad-ass, and I can’t wait to see it. Hopefully it has all the goodies and just isn’t about removable bits.

As for the Ranger vs. Hilux, you’re in the same place. Ranger could offer great things, but doesn’t. Suggesting a stock Ranger would hang with a TRD Pro, though, is silly. It wouldn’t.

Based on the spy photos, the real Bronco appears to have beefed up suspension and thicker more aggressive tires even though they are mounted on the XLT's 17-inch alloys (production Bronco will probably get its own wheel designs).

The Escape-based baby Bronco will obviously be less hardcore, my guess is it will be like a Cherokee Trailhawk or Compass Trailhawk.

Here in Asia/Asia-Pacific, it's the opposite, the Hilux has no TRD Pro version and Ford has the badass Ranger Raptor. I believe the Ranger Raptor mule with twin exhaust tips and what sounds like a V6 gas engine is the mule for the US Ranger Raptor.

in Australia, the Ranger is now the best selling 4x4.
falcon lover likes this.

Last edited by AM222; 08-05-2019 at 05:51 PM.
post #89 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:54 AM
Focus RS

[QUOTE=AM222;415820]
Quote:
in Australia, the Ranger is now the best selling 4x4.
But still far from becoming the best selling truck...
Attached Images
File Type: png 28C90E99-FB8D-4838-8E75-8E3751862D39_1565067275097.png (1.18 MB, 8 views)
post #90 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 03:56 AM
Ford Falcon

[quote=hellb0y;415824]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post

But still far from becoming the best selling truck...
The topic of the post I replied to was about 4x4s, so total sales which include 4x2 models is irrelevant.
falcon lover and 70 Stang like this.

Last edited by AM222; 08-06-2019 at 03:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page