2018 EcoSport Titanium Potential Issues? - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
Ford Sport Ka

2018 EcoSport Titanium Potential Issues?

I leased a 2018 EcoSport Titanium 2.0L AWD back in December 2018. Have a couple of issues and thought I would ask if anyone else knows of these.

First, I categorize several issues under "electronics" issue. I've noticed that most of the time, the white guiding lines do not appear when in reverse...only the distance lines. Also, there are times when the radio sound comes out only from the center speaker on the dashboard. Then, the radio station resets (AM 530 or SiriusXM promo) very frequently. The monitor even froze on one occasion where the map was not progressing while I was driving and none of the buttons would work. Anyhow, when I brought this up when I took it in for the Spring service, i was told that Ford was working on a software update that should address these issues. Does anyone know if this is true and whether the update is available yet?

Second, I am hearing/feeling vibrations from possibly the drivetrain under certain situation. I actually had a 2015 Focus that had issues with the transmission, but this one is not as severe as the Focus. What I notice is when I take my foot off the accelerator to allow the EcoSport to coast, I can feel and/or hear a vibration that is similar to when one upshifts a manual transmission too soon without having sufficiently accelerated. However, that vibration goes away when I step on the accelerator again. The vibration seems to be from under the vehicle behind the driver's position. This one, I have not yet had the service department look into.

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of these items. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 04:37 PM
Ford Sport Ka

Re: 2018 EcoSport Titanium Potential Issues?

My EcoSport in Base SE Trim has had a similar Audio problem as well. Occasionally, when the Vehicle is started up a loud "thud" sound emits and the radio goes from a previous pre-set FM station over to the AM Band? Need to reset back to FM by pressing the Music Widget on the radio. A bit of a mystery and annoyance but not enough to warrant a day at the Dealership to troubleshoot.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:44 PM
Ford Sport Ka

Re: 2018 EcoSport Titanium Potential Issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil1336 View Post
My EcoSport in Base SE Trim has had a similar Audio problem as well. Occasionally, when the Vehicle is started up a loud "thud" sound emits and the radio goes from a previous pre-set FM station over to the AM Band? Need to reset back to FM by pressing the Music Widget on the radio. A bit of a mystery and annoyance but not enough to warrant a day at the Dealership to troubleshoot.
Correction Update: I incorrectly mentioned in the above Post that I owned a Base SE Trim 2018 Ford EcoSport.
In fact, my Base EcoSport is in "S" Trim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page