2020 Ford Escape Hybrid to get approximately 39 mpg - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Re: 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid to get approximately 39 mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Is stupid proyect the numbers of the heavier and more powerful Police Interceptor to the mainstream Explorer. Is very stupid...
A bit heavier, but Interceptor hybrid remains same power/system as civilian hybrid. Not sure yet where Explorer will land, but working from that AWD combined 24mpg number, I would say non AWD civilian gets you to about 27mpg combined. So this new Modular Hybrid Transmission (MHT) compares in ways to GM's hybrid truck system from years back, which netted 21 city and 22 hwy for RWD. Although not popular due primarily to price increase and minimal benefit, that system allowed you to tow/haul nearly as much as standard. Explorer will also retain a healthy towing ability, and with similar hybird mpg spread, I would conclude new Explorer will net about 28mpg, which again is FWD highway rating and maintains equal or better base 3.5L V6 performance. So the 20mpg combined is about 27mpg combined - which is a 35% boost, where GM trucks saw a 20% boost. Hmmm, I guess it depends on where Ford prices the hybrid option. As Trump always says, we shall see.

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 11:12 PM
Focus RS WRC

I agree with most of your comments but I have to respectfully disagree with one. Products do matter. Ford has a history of letting their products 'die on the vine' so to speak. The US Taurus for example could have had more sales if Ford would have updated the car. So how can I, an auto enthusiast, get excited about and take part in a discussion about such a car. If you have a stale line-up combined with little news about the future then the lack of interest shouldn't be a surprise, no? I love Ford/Mercury/Lincoln and I want them to be successful but I need to see, feel and experience what's new. I've read about Ford getting into electric bikes and focusing on mobility instead of new vehicles, this is not exciting to me, it might be to others but I think their focus needs to get back to the business at hand. Building exciting new products. (IMHO)
djhogie and SP1966 like this.

Ford ~ Mercury ~ Lincoln

Lifelong Fan!
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scford58 View Post
I agree with most of your comments but I have to respectfully disagree with one. Products do matter. Ford has a history of letting their products 'die on the vine' so to speak. The US Taurus for example could have had more sales if Ford would have updated the car. So how can I, an auto enthusiast, get excited about and take part in a discussion about such a car. If you have a stale line-up combined with little news about the future then the lack of interest shouldn't be a surprise, no? I love Ford/Mercury/Lincoln and I want them to be successful but I need to see, feel and experience what's new. I've read about Ford getting into electric bikes and focusing on mobility instead of new vehicles, this is not exciting to me, it might be to others but I think their focus needs to get back to the business at hand. Building exciting new products. (IMHO)
Sooooo, you think Ford has little plans for exciting products in the future?
Boy do I disagree.
Grey likes this.

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 01:19 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scford58 View Post
Sooooo, you think Ford has little plans for exciting products in the future?
Boy do I disagree.
...no he thinks Ford refuses to be forthcoming with those plans as if it would be giving something away to the competition. Ford would never preview a vehicle like Tesla has with the Y, 3, Roadster, or Semi. We’ve been looking at a Bronco placeholder for how long? The Mach-E? Are they ever releasing the GT500? How about some info on that new 7.3, or maybe a *gasp* configurator for the HDs. Somnambulists aren’t sexy.
SP1966 likes this.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 11:33 AM
Ford Mondeo

I am waiting on news on the Aviator plug-in Hybrid.

I'm still curious about the MPG-rating...

Current rides:
2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...no he thinks Ford refuses to be forthcoming with those plans as if it would be giving something away to the competition. Ford would never preview a vehicle like Tesla has with the Y, 3, Roadster, or Semi. We’ve been looking at a Bronco placeholder for how long? The Mach-E? Are they ever releasing the GT500? How about some info on that new 7.3, or maybe a *gasp* configurator for the HDs. Somnambulists aren’t sexy.

Bronco takes too long, and you then mention Tesla? Really? I can count their products on one hand, and every single one of them came in months if not years later then they first stated, way over cost and with laughable quality issues that remain today, and have yet to generate a real profit. And WOW.....did that stock price tank. Exactly half where it was just a few months ago. Great example. As for showing off future product, ummm yeah....they NEED to do that. And let's face it, not much to risk revealing too early --- when you use the same freaking electric motors and batteries.

Ford however is quite busy totally remaking themselves at every level, including how vehicles will be powered and how long the transition to EV will be, and risking their competitiveness for their calculated long game for a bit of short term stock price bump is something they have carefully thought through. But again, his point suggested Ford has no exciting future product, and that is what I disagreed with.

post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 07:03 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Bronco takes too long, and you then mention Tesla? Really? I can count their products on one hand, and every single one of them came in months if not years later then they first stated, way over cost and with laughable quality issues that remain today, and have yet to generate a real profit. And WOW.....did that stock price tank. Exactly half where it was just a few months ago. Great example. As for showing off future product, ummm yeah....they NEED to do that. And let's face it, not much to risk revealing too early --- when you use the same freaking electric motors and batteries.

Ford however is quite busy totally remaking themselves at every level, including how vehicles will be powered and how long the transition to EV will be, and risking their competitiveness for their calculated long game for a bit of short term stock price bump is something they have carefully thought through. But again, his point suggested Ford has no exciting future product, and that is what I disagreed with.
...I'm simply stating obvious facts that have resulted in Tesla having the biggest mindshare amongst consumers with an advertising budget of $0. The issue raised was the lack of excitement and lack of people on a forum dedicated to Ford. I'm telling you why. Audi, and I'm sure Ford as well, spends more in advertising every year than Tesla's R&D budget, and they came out with the appallingly uncompetitive e-tron. Maybe a reconsideration of where capital should be spent is appropriate given Tesla's marketing successes with $0 expenditure.

Start by getting customers excited about the future and spreading that excitement for free. They're called brand ambassadors. It worked for Apple. It is working for Tesla. It could work for Ford if they'd quit living in the 20th century.

Last, Tesla will no doubt be shipping Model Y before Ford ships a Bronco. You can just about count on it. And, when they're generating more revenue with Model Y than Ford is generating selling Escapes, you can tell me all about how great Ford is and how they're reinventing themselves by doing the same old thing.
Bloggin likes this.
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:10 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Tesla will launch the Model Y this year? If they find more money!

post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 09:42 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Tesla will launch the Model Y this year? If they find more money!

[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png[/IMG]
It’s already been announced that FCA is paying them $2b for carbon credit pooling and they raised another $2.7 in the market. $4.7b is a large chunk of change.
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 02:49 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
It’s already been announced that FCA is paying them $2b for carbon credit pooling and they raised another $2.7 in the market. $4.7b is a large chunk of change.

ummmm... so, why Elon mailed to their employees that they can´t buy the coffee for the office without his written permission?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page