2020 Ford Escape Hybrid to get approximately 39 mpg - Page 4 - Ford Inside News Community
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 09:15 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
It’s already been announced that FCA is paying them $2b for carbon credit pooling and they raised another $2.7 in the market. $4.7b is a large chunk of change.

ummmm... so, why Elon mailed to their employees that they can´t buy the coffee for the office without his written permission?

[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]
...because they want to turn a profit while building a Model Y production line to keep Wall St off their back?

Check out pictures of GF3 in China. Finished in 5 months. Tooling should start going in soon and limited production will probably begin by year end. That is a pretty impressive accomplishment. Tesla will be cranking out cars for the Pacific-Rim zone tariff free soon with cheaper labor and suppliers, further placing TSLA out front in EVs.

TSLA isn’t the best run company, but how many other automotive startups have you seen that have been #1 in name-plate sales revenue in CA, including the F150?

A lot could still go wrong. A lot could still go right. But to not take them seriously is a mistake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Re: 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid to get approximately 39 mpg

Escape pricing revealed.

Escape S, $25,980
Escape SE, $28,190
Escape SE Sport (hybrid), $29,530
Escape SEL, $30,350
Escape Titanium (hybrid), $34,495
Escape Titanium, $37,780

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...scape-pricing/

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Thinking about a hybrid Titanium for the wife. She misses her CUV, she often tells me. Numbers reveal very few people who have PHEV actually plug in much, so I am not interested in that for her. I know myself and especially my wife, and yeah, we too would not bother plugging in much either. I am happy just getting about 40 mpg with regular hybrid. So in about 2 years as more people buy BEV and oil companies start countering by lowering prices, I will enjoy cheap gas with a fuel efficient vehicle.

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."

post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 06:14 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Thinking about a hybrid Titanium for the wife. She misses her CUV, she often tells me. Numbers reveal very few people who have PHEV actually plug in much, so I am not interested in that for her. I know myself and especially my wife, and yeah, we too would not bother plugging in much either. I am happy just getting about 40 mpg with regular hybrid. So in about 2 years as more people buy BEV and oil companies start countering by lowering prices, I will enjoy cheap gas with a fuel efficient vehicle.
Your comment on PHEVs is interesting as I recall that mot Volt owners were the opposite using the battery electric side almost exclusively. I wonder if people are now looking at larger battery hybrids as just extra/unnecessary expense? major fuel savings being achieved in slow stop-start/ variable speed driving.
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 06:16 AM
Ford Kuga

Garage

I do miss the glory days here so much. Miss you guys!!!
falcon lover likes this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 06:18 AM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Escape Titanium is priced right. I really think they'll fly off the lots, and anyone annoyed at its more carlike looks will be directed to the other side of the lot to see the baby Bronco product. Not too shabby.
zipzoomflyfast and 70 Stang like this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 08:57 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Your comment on PHEVs is interesting as I recall that mot Volt owners were the opposite using the battery electric side almost exclusively. I wonder if people are now looking at larger battery hybrids as just extra/unnecessary expense? major fuel savings being achieved in slow stop-start/ variable speed driving.
...we use the battery side of our CT6 as much as we can. I have a 40amp charger in the garage and it stays plugged in. Much cheaper than buying gas...and you get $7500 tax credit. My question is why wouldn’t you want a plug-in?
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 10:50 AM
Ford Focus ZX

I have high hopes for the new baby Bronco. I'm actually hoping that the new small truck (Courier) gets the same off-road treatment as the baby Bronco. FYI, I don't think the Courier name is very good for the small truck, I know it has history, but it's not very good. Why don't they bring back the name Sport Trac for the new small truck? The original Sport Trac was a combo Truck/SUV that tried to blur the lines (competed against the Honda Ridgeline)...this is similar, only Unibody/Truck. My vote is Sport Trac. Sounds more sporty too - plus, I'm a current Sport Trac owner and love it...would love to see it come back in some form.
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:41 PM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzoomflyfast View Post
I have high hopes for the new baby Bronco. I'm actually hoping that the new small truck (Courier) gets the same off-road treatment as the baby Bronco. FYI, I don't think the Courier name is very good for the small truck, I know it has history, but it's not very good. Why don't they bring back the name Sport Trac for the new small truck? The original Sport Trac was a combo Truck/SUV that tried to blur the lines (competed against the Honda Ridgeline)...this is similar, only Unibody/Truck. My vote is Sport Trac. Sounds more sporty too - plus, I'm a current Sport Trac owner and love it...would love to see it come back in some form.
Now that you brought it up, they'll take your idea, throw it in a blender, and call it the EcoSport Trac...ughhh.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
I have not seen numbers, only rumors from reputable sources internally. I would not testify to it. And 'most' can be as little as 51%. So that could mean that nearly 50% are not charging much if at all, or rarely, or perhaps mostly at first and then not much later. Who knows. Personally, my life is hectic lately and I just would not bother that often, and although I am allowed to charge at work, you have to move your vehicle after a certain amount of time to allow for the many others to charge. Not something I would enjoy doing much of.

As for credits, I am fine with the $3,750 with a much lower MSRP going in.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page