Mach I BEV Reveal Date - Ford Inside News Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Mach E BEV Reveal Date

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...-release-date/

Mods,
can you please change the thread name to Mach E BEV Reveal Date.
Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wingsnut; 10-25-2019 at 02:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Re: Mach I BEV Reveal Date

I was not sure where to put this topic. SUV, car, Ford discussion.......I am thinking that mods need to create a new BEV or Electrification group.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 11:15 PM
Focus RS WRC

...I’m more excited about this car than just about any right now, except maybe CyberTruck. The Model Y is all fine and dandy and will be a good car, it just won’t have the style I hope to see from the Mach. Can’t wait to see it. Don’t let me down, Ford.
wingsnut likes this.

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Ford brass mentioned in their electrification meeting, that Tesla model 3 owners were asked if they would they trade it in for a BMW 3 series, if it were free. Nearly all said no thanks. They likened it to going back to a flip phone, after having an iphone. I think that got Ford's attention.

post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 06:08 AM
Ford Falcon

Re: Mach E BEV Reveal Date

I hope "Mach E", which sounds like "Mackie" is not the final name.
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 10:58 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Alleged CAD leak:
Rick Astley likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

That's pretty much it. It incorporates the silhouette perfectly. The front end is identical to the images Ford shared. The rear 3-bar light treatment from Mustang is well showcased. It has sort of a new Puma stance, where it's SUVish height is hidden.

When Ford first showed a clay model of this to employees, I did not like it. This is much improved from what that looked like, and it is really beginning to grow on me.

At first I did not like the 'Mustang' look, but now I think it was brilliant. This would not look as good as an Explorer face, or the like

post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 01:38 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Ford brass mentioned in their electrification meeting, that Tesla model 3 owners were asked if they would they trade it in for a BMW 3 series, if it were free. Nearly all said no thanks. They likened it to going back to a flip phone, after having an iphone. I think that got Ford's attention.
...people think you’re being a fanboy when you tell people how great living with an EV is. They just can’t imagine it is that much better. It is.
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 01:40 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
Alleged CAD leak:
...if that is it, I’ll be putting a deposit down Nov 17. Looks amazing.
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...people think youíre being a fanboy when you tell people how great living with an EV is. They just canít imagine it is that much better. It is.
Well, I am sure BEV owners understand. It's easy to be sceptical and very difficult to change such old ways.

That said, I will surely weigh all factors when I consider a purchase when available. First and foremost will be price. I honestly don't care if these things sprint to 60 in half a second. Nobody should be driving like that anyway. And 200 miles or 300 mile range is way down on my priority list. I would not be traveling distance anyway.

That said, my wife will be needing a new lease in about a year when this launches. It makes a perfect second car for her. I will certainly consider it.

BTW, Ford said their plan is to be profitable with this car. Good news, but that suggests price will not be modest. I am expecting about a $50K starting price.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in