2015 Ford Ranger Facelift spy photo - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Ford Focus

2015 Ford Ranger Facelift spy photo

from the article:
The facelifted Ford Ranger has been photographed completely undisguised during tests in Thailand.

5 pictures and full article

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 07:10 AM
Ford Ka

Re: 2015 Ford Ranger Facelift spy photo

I was recently vacationing in the Caribbean, and saw a really nice looking mid-sized truck. As it went past me (didn't get a chance to take a pic) I saw it was a Ranger!

I will tell you, this truck was IMO much nicer looking than the new GM twins.

I can't say that I'm a little surprised, it isn't sold here in North America? Why would that be?
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 10:28 AM
FIN Staff Member

The 2015 Ranger does look nice.

With the Colorado/Canyon selling close to 6k units in December, and the Silverado and Sierra having their best sales month since forever, with the Silverado toping it's previous sales month by 7k units, it seems clear the midsize pick-ups are not hurting full size pick-up sales, but growing the GM overall truck marketshare.

Toyota as the current leader in midsize trucks is now trying harder to push into the full size truck market.

With the Ranger even being smaller than the Colorado/Canyon and Tacoma in some diminutional aspects, and the New 2015 F-150 now larger than the previous model, I expect Ford will launch the Ranger in the US for MY2016 later this year, after MY2015 F-150 is in full production at all plants.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Ford Focus

Garage

This looks better than any of the competitors vehicles. This would make a great Baby Raptor!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagorgia View Post
This looks better than any of the competitors vehicles. This would make a great Baby Raptor!
Exactly! This is the size the Raptor would be if Ford had a platform like this in NA to build it on. Running around a war zone in a huge Hummer is one thing, running around the wilderness in one is altogether more difficult. A Ranger based Raptor, that would hit the sweet spot IMO!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Ford Focus ZX

You guys realise there's not much difference in size between the F150-based Raptor and the Ranger? The latter's only slightly smaller, you would need your measuring sticks to see the difference.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Here's another pic from last year.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 06:14 AM
Ford Ka

I can tell you, it looks pretty good in the pictures, but it looks fantastic in person!

Thanks for the explanation Bloggin, it sure would make sense to have that truck up here in NA
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 07:11 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
You guys realise there's not much difference in size between the F150-based Raptor and the Ranger? The latter's only slightly smaller, you would need your measuring sticks to see the difference.
The Ranger is half a foot narrower than an F150, it's as wide as a Kuga/Escape. Noticeable smaller.
In terms of length, the 4-door crew cab Ranger is about as long as a short wheelbase 2-door regular cab F-150, if you do a comparison between 4-door crew cab models, the F-150 is still noticeably larger.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 01:04 PM
Ford Falcon

Ford product managers have previously stated they don't see a market here for the Ranger (but maybe a smaller crossover-based truck). If their attitude changes than they would need significantly more time to redesign the T6 Ranger for the US market (as GM did with its trucks) and build them in the US. Chevy Silverado is also grabbing allot of marketshare from the void created by F-150 which is partially contributing to their growth so you can't look at the truck market right now until F-150 is in full swing.

You also have to remember that Ranger is diesel only, smaller than the competition, and much heavier. They basically need to start from scratch to be competitive, or settle for being a bit player with what they have in the US market. Doesn't seem worth it to me unless they can be the best at it, Trucks are everything to Ford.

In any case, I think it's abundantly clear that Ford has no plans for Ranger in the US and has a different map for it's truck lineup, and probably for good reason since they understand this market better than most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015, facelift, ford, photo, ranger, spy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page