2019 Ford Ranger - Page 46 - Ford Inside News Community
 370Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #451 of 474 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 02:10 PM
Ford Falcon

Re: 2019 Ford Ranger

I got to sit in 2 different models Rangers this weekend. Seemed like a nice little truck. To an enthusiast who knows, you can tell it uses some ROW components not originally intended for the US, but I doubt the average buyer will know or care. So in that sense, the interior was nice. The first one I sat in was an XLT....seemed nice inside, I didn't look at the sticker. The second was a Lariat model which had a nicer interior, stickered for $44K before the sleazy dealer "new vehicle markup" of $10K and their "paint protection package" that brought it to $55K.

It was odd these days to see a non-dampered tailgate, and the lack of a sunroof option is disappointing, but I think it'll do well.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 474 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 06:03 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
I got to sit in 2 different models Rangers this weekend. Seemed like a nice little truck. To an enthusiast who knows, you can tell it uses some ROW components not originally intended for the US, but I doubt the average buyer will know or care. So in that sense, the interior was nice. The first one I sat in was an XLT....seemed nice inside, I didn't look at the sticker. The second was a Lariat model which had a nicer interior, stickered for $44K before the sleazy dealer "new vehicle markup" of $10K and their "paint protection package" that brought it to $55K.

It was odd these days to see a non-dampered tailgate, and the lack of a sunroof option is disappointing, but I think it'll do well.
The lack of sunroof option is highly disappointing, especially for an "active-lifestyle" vehicle
post #453 of 474 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 07:57 PM
Ford Explorer

No open roof option? i'm surprised. As for the price, yeah, I have been quite vocal for years about how a Ranger makes little sense based on price, until I realized that people just want the manageable size. I am shopping for a counter depth fridge at the moment, and you literally pay many hundreds more, for less space. I just have to scratch my head.

post #454 of 474 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 02:05 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
To an enthusiast who knows, you can tell it uses some ROW components not originally intended for the US, but I doubt the average buyer will know or care.
As someone who sees RoTW Rangers everyday, the US version looks very familiar to me, particularly the interior.

US Ranger

RoTW Ranger

Quote:
the lack of a sunroof option is disappointing, but I think it'll do well.
Based on its first month, it seems to be doing well.
No sunroof = one less thing to break.

Last edited by AM222; 02-05-2019 at 02:19 AM.
post #455 of 474 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Ford Explorer

Does it offer a power rear window? I have never owned a truck with a sunroof, but they pretty much all had power sliding rear windows, which I loved. Functional too.
post #456 of 474 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 10:20 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Does it offer a power rear window? I have never owned a truck with a sunroof, but they pretty much all had power sliding rear windows, which I loved. Functional too.
I don't think so. I think they're all manual. I know the one in the XLT I sat in was manual. I didn't sit in the back of the Lariat to look, but I seem to recall reading it didn't have a power rear window too.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #457 of 474 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
I don't think so. I think they're all manual. I know the one in the XLT I sat in was manual. I didn't sit in the back of the Lariat to look, but I seem to recall reading it didn't have a power rear window too.
That's a shame. Even the Sport Trac had a power rear window.
post #458 of 474 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:05 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
That's a shame. Even the Sport Trac had a power rear window.
...the only thing sliding rear windows ever got me was broken-into. Plus, if you use your truck as a truck, when you open the window, whatever used to be in the bed is all over the inside of the cab. I prefer not having them.

Last edited by mooseman; 02-05-2019 at 12:07 PM.
post #459 of 474 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:17 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...the only thing sliding rear windows ever got me was broken-into. Plus, if you use your truck as a truck, when you open the window, whatever used to be in the bed is all over the inside of the cab. I prefer not having them.
How is a power rear sliding (upward) window more theft prone than any other power window?
post #460 of 474 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 05:03 PM
Ford Focus ZX

My 2008 Sport Trac has a power rear window, sunroof (both standard!), Independent rear suspension, and great interior room....come on Ford, it's 2019!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2019, 2019ford, ford, ranger, raptor, wildtrak

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page