Ranger Raptor Spy Pics - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 08:32 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Re: Ranger Raptor Spy Pics

I can't believe Ford would engineer the world's most off-road capable small/mid-size pickup, then proceed to ignore the world's largest truck market. This will come here, but with one of the three EcoBoost V6's under hood.
falcon lover, 2b2 and SP1966 like this.

Rod

2017 MKX 2.7T Black Label
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 08:49 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

The reason why Ford USA will get a version of the Ranger Raptor:

SP1966, 70 Stang and HotRod like this.

post #23 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 09:26 AM
Ford Kuga

I didn't think this was coming to the US from the mundane fact that none of the prototypes sported the US-spec design. Looks good though!

If we don't get an announcement around Chicago or New York for a US Raptor, than it won't be coming with the 2019 Truck.

Ford usually likes to save things like this for a mid-cycle update to reinvigorate interest instead of front-loading everything so that might happen here.

It's also a non-trivial matter to develop this product with different engines so the fact that this Raptor is diesel significantly complicates the possibility that they've made one for the US.
2b2 likes this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 02-07-2018 at 09:47 AM.

post #24 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 10:45 AM
Ford Flex

This would really work as a halo for the Ranger nameplate, and I would see it helping sales of the regular models as well.
falcon lover likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #25 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 10:57 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
I didn't think this was coming to the US from the mundane fact that none of the prototypes sported the US-spec design. Looks good though!

If we don't get an announcement around Chicago or New York for a US Raptor, than it won't be coming with the 2019 Truck.

Ford usually likes to save things like this for a mid-cycle update to reinvigorate interest instead of front-loading everything so that might happen here.

It's also a non-trivial matter to develop this product with different engines so the fact that this Raptor is diesel significantly complicates the possibility that they've made one for the US.
If they don't bring it to NA then I'd guess it has more to do with the Bronco than anything else. A four door Ranger Raptor and four door Bronco cover a lot of the same ground and would surely compete for sales in the same showroom.
post #26 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX

The Bronco is more rock crawling and the Raptor is more high-speed off road. Mark my words, the US will get a Ranger Raptor...stay tuned...
falcon lover likes this.
post #27 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 12:42 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

(prolley just to be contrary)
I'm thinking a ThaiRRaptor is kinda like re-sizing/morphing what the USRaptor role is into RotW-speak (drivetrain could/might vary by market?)
while
for the US I can kinda see 2 (TWO) Rangeros: 1 offroad powerful, 2 light-&-nimble
but neither using the Raptor nameplate

still wondering about a non-squinty (square-ish) Bronco face on some USRanger ... eventually

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 12:55 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
If they don't bring it to NA then I'd guess it has more to do with the Bronco than anything else. A four door Ranger Raptor and four door Bronco cover a lot of the same ground...
so?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 01:09 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post

Everything that was made US-spec (bumpers, fenders, etc.) has changed for the Raptor version, so I don't understand your " they didn't have US specs " comment.
HotRod likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #30 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 01:14 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
Everything that was made US-spec (bumpers, fenders, etc.) has changed for the Raptor version, so I don't understand your " they didn't have US specs " comment.
The rear light fixtures, tailgate, rear glass, and CHMSL are all elements redesigned for the US Ranger which are not present on the global Raptor which use the existing components instead. None of the Raptor prototypes were updated with the US spec designs which would incorporate things like the redesigned aluminum tailgate, wider LED light fixtures with Radar modules, electronically controlled rear window opening (like F-150) and more.
2b2 likes this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 02-07-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page