Ford Releases 3.0L PowerStroke Diesel Specs - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 02:19 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Re: Ford Releases 3.0L PowerStroke Diesel Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
Of course, but there is a tremendous amount of variation and choices between base and $47,000 for both trucks. And more importantly, this means the Diesel is not available in their typical commercial configurations which seems counter-intuitive.

In any case, we're getting a new RAM which might change things up again.
Fleet buyers have access to in Supercab and Crewcab XL and XLT as well as higher trim levels
Only Retail buyers are limited to high series trims in Supercab and Crewcab

5% of f150's annual sales is still around 30,000 trucks each year of rich product mix
that results in an estimated revenue increase of $1.2 B to $1.5 B each year.
Not bad for just adding one engine choice.
2b2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Ram needs all the help they can get to try and match Ford's truck fleet leadership.
I don't think Ford cares about that space too much.

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 11:53 AM
Ford Focus ZX

So, what the payback on this thing? $4k buys about 1800gal of gas round these parts. I'd guess real world average on a 2.7L is probably 18mpg avg, or less. If I'm generous and give the 3.0 24 mpg average, that is 6 mpg. x/18 - x/24 = 1800; 432(x/18 - x/24) = 432(1800); 24x - 18x = 777,600; 6x = 777,600; x = 129,600. About 130,000 miles if my math is right. Have to keep her a long time or the price of gas has to go up. So, I guess it could be expressed as x/avgmil1 - x/avgmil2 = y/z, where y = cost of option, z = price of gas.
SP1966 likes this.

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
So, what the payback on this thing? $4k buys about 1800gal of gas round these parts. I'd guess real world average on a 2.7L is probably 18mpg avg, or less. If I'm generous and give the 3.0 24 mpg average, that is 6 mpg. x/18 - x/24 = 1800; 432(x/18 - x/24) = 432(1800); 24x - 18x = 777,600; 6x = 777,600; x = 129,600. About 130,000 miles if my math is right. Have to keep her a long time or the price of gas has to go up. So, I guess it could be expressed as x/avgmil1 - x/avgmil2 = y/z, where y = cost of option, z = price of gas.
I too have struggled with the math and ROI of Diesel in a truck, and obviously it is not for everyone. But, if you tow frequently, you will reap the benefits of Diesel which includes far more efficiency under load. I have pulled trailers in the past and approached single digit fuel economy. That of course is where this Diesel will shine. That and long term durability too and of course resale.
mooseman, hbmf3 and SP1966 like this.

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 12:55 AM
Ford Kuga

It is a bit frustrating to see the Lion AJD / PSA DT17 diesel engine referred to as a Land Rover engine when it was produced for Land Rover at Ford's Dagenham plant.
jpd80 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Regarding the recent class action threats,

Below is Ford Motor Company's statement:

All Ford vehicles, including those with diesel engines, comply with all U.S. EPA and CARB emissions regulations. Ford vehicles do not have defeat devices. We will defend ourselves against these baseless claims.

post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 02:55 AM
Ford Focus

When does this combo Reach the Transit or even the E-series?

Will it make it to the Supper duty?

I am in the market for a premium compact car with an Independent Rear suspension.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by biker16; 01-12-2018 at 03:05 AM.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 04:32 AM
Ford Focus ZX

No to Super Duty but I wonder if Ford will eventually use the 4.4 V8 diesel in SD an E Series
as a smaller more efficient unit compared to the 6.7 Powerstroke..

Last edited by jpd80; 01-12-2018 at 04:34 AM.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 11:19 AM
Ford Ka

My concern about the Powerstroke suit is the alleged involvement of Bosch. They were involved in the VW and Fiat diesel programs. Of course we don't know what is true, IF this is true then it goes to Bill Ford, Mark Fields, possible Alan Mulally ( the 6.7 was his baby).
2b2 likes this.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuncarguy View Post
My concern about the Powerstroke suit is the alleged involvement of Bosch. They were involved in the VW and Fiat diesel programs. Of course we don't know what is true, IF this is true then it goes to Bill Ford, Mark Fields, possible Alan Mulally ( the 6.7 was his baby).
I believe that Bosch is the only link perpetuating this action, that Ford claims (and I believe) is baseless.

Oh, and the only link Mulally has with 6.7L, was that it was coincidental to his time at Ford.
Ford began Diesel development before Mually got there, after their fallout with Navistar.
2b2 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page