• 1 Post By wingsnut
  • 1 Post By wingsnut
  • 2 Post By Andrew L
  • 2 Post By Logans Run

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Ford to resume F-150 production

Ford Motor Co. expects its F-150 production will be in full swing again by Monday after a fire at a supplier plant brought production of the crucial truck to a standstill last week.

Ford will resume some F-150 production Friday at the Dearborn Truck Plant, with Kansas City expected to follow on Monday.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...tion/34995991/
Logans Run likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Re: Ford to resume F-150 production

Good news.
Also,

Ford is hosting an employee drive of the new 3.0L Diesel equipped F150. Drove it yesterday. Here is a short review.

Not bad at all.

Ok, a bit more,
at start up you literally can't tell it was a Diesel (inside cab), even when listening for it. Part of that may be that I was in a King Ranch which isolates the entire world quite effectively. Revving the engine a bit, you can just barely detect it is. Accelerating briskly from stop, it not only feels much quicker out of the hole than I thought, perhaps a match for 2.7L, but you still can barely detect it's a Diesel. Cruising at about 40 and then again at 50, I hit WOT and the story changes a bit, and does not feel as brisk or rapid as the 2.7L. But certainly not bad at all. Highway cruising at 75mph, there is not engine sound at all. You can literally wisper to you passengers and they will hear you. Hitting WOT again, passing gear(s) kicks in and it moves out adequately. You rarely feel wanting more, but you can't help but compare it to gas engines, which feel a bit more urgent is all. There are many ways to compare said vehicle, but I have to say, that KR I drove was just gorgeous. Best looking truck on the market, bar none. Certainly more handsome than GM's latest efforts, IMHO, although GM will have the upper hand on a few things. Not enough to sway me however, as that Ford drove, steered, handled, looked and felt excellent. Would I get the Diesel option? No I would not, because I rarely tow, and that benefit would hardly be realized for me, as I wait to recover my added expense through gas savings.

Adding another thought I forgot, was that I was surprised to see the engine itself on an engine stand (finally) and I was surprised at how tiny it was. We are talking nano 2.7L V6 size, complete with 60 deg banking. This thing weighs very little (need to look it up), but I know that helps contribute to is deft feeling with parking lot maneuvers as well as just handling. When I can, unless someone else wants to take on the task, I was going to compare weights with Ram EcoDiesel.
ZanatWork likes this.

Last edited by wingsnut; 05-17-2018 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Another thought added:
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 08:11 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

That didn't seem to be as long of a down time as everyone was reporting
wingsnut and Logans Run like this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 08:38 AM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
imagine that.
wingsnut and Andrew L like this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 04:30 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

the twitter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wow.jpg (61.5 KB, 42 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 05-17-2018 at 04:35 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 01:40 AM
Ford Ka

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page