2021 Ford Ranger? - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 08:13 AM
Ford Falcon

Re: 2021 Ford Ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
It's far too soon, so this is early concepting is all. It may take some cues I bet, but doubtful it is close.
I have a feeling the general look for the next Ranger is already there in the clay model.

The question: Is the next Ranger for the 2022MY (to be revealed in 2021) or is it for the 2023MY (to be revealed in 2022)? I guess this can hint how final the styling is.

PS: Didn't Ford finalized the basic look of the new Bronco months before the March 2018 teaser image was revealed? We know that the next Bronco will debut in 2020 at the earliest.

Last edited by AM222; 03-01-2019 at 08:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:51 AM
Ford Explorer

New Bronco is only months away, either late summer or early fall. I think they are timing it's announcement with the hybrid Ranger, as both will share and use same platform.
zipzoomflyfast likes this.
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
New Bronco is only months away, either late summer or early fall. I think they are timing it's announcement with the hybrid Ranger, as both will share and use same platform.
Bronco will use the next Ranger platform, not the current one.
xaoc25 likes this.

post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 01:12 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Bronco will use the next Ranger platform, not the current one.
I think the next Ranger will use an updated version of the current Ranger's chassis.

Based on the clay study, it appears to use the same basic cab with new door skins/skins.
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Ford Explorer

New Ranger in NA has already had significant changes in chassis, suspension, powertrain and it just launched. I don't know for sure, but considering the timing of Bronco only months away, it is most certainly riding on either the same Ranger platform or a slightly modified version. Certainly not all new or eve significantly new.
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 11:19 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Quote:
New Ranger in NA has already had significant changes in chassis, suspension, powertrain and it just launched. I don't know for sure, but considering the timing of Bronco only months away, it is most certainly riding on either the same Ranger platform or a slightly modified version. Certainly not all new or eve significantly new.
Initially reports were that the Bronco would be the first to arrive on the next gen Ranger platform. Many speculating that the next gen was being engineered to accept a V6 whereas the current Ranger was only designed for inline engines.
HotRod likes this.
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 01:12 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
Initially reports were that the Bronco would be the first to arrive on the next gen Ranger platform. Many speculating that the next gen was being engineered to accept a V6 whereas the current Ranger was only designed for inline engines.
The next Ranger's chassis is most likely a modified version of the current Ranger's chassis.

Here's a Ranger T6 with a Supercharged V8 conversion.

If a Supercharged V8 fits, maybe a V6 can.

Last edited by AM222; 03-03-2019 at 01:16 PM.
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 01:13 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
As I understand it Bronco production is set to begin in December of 2020. If the next Ranger is set for 2021 then it makes zero sense for the Bronco to be the last product on an old platform rather than the first on a new platform.
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 01:30 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
I don't think Ford has confirmed anything yet, but that seems to be the general consensus. From Car and Driver:

"Additionally, it's important to remember that the Bronco will likely be based on the next-generation Ranger platform, so what we are seeing here is very likely doing double duty as an R&D mule for both vehicles, i.e., the new Bronco and the next-gen Ranger. The idea is that the Bronco, now rumored to be coming as a 2021 model, will make its debut on a fresh frame (rumors also persist of a new V-6 engine), and the next-generation Ranger will switch to the new frame and suspension when it is updated a year or two down the line."

Rod

2017 MKX 2.7T Black Label
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 01:34 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
The next Ranger's chassis is most likely a modified version of the current Ranger's chassis.

Here's a Ranger T6 with a Supercharged V8 conversion. If a Supercharged V8 fits, maybe a V6 can.
"Fitting" as an aftermarket conversion is one thing. Fitting from the factory and passing the necessary crash-testing is something completely different.

Rod

2017 MKX 2.7T Black Label
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page