2020 Super Duty Tremor - Ford Inside News Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Ford Mondeo

Garage
2020 Super Duty Tremor

https://youtu.be/f-7XFxjKtN0

The last time when Ford slapped on the “Tremor” badge on a truck was for the 2014 model year when the previous-generation F-150 got a somewhat sporty version with miscellaneous tweaks inside and out. The Blue Oval is bringing the moniker back, but it’s taking a different approach as now Tremor serves as an optional off-road package for the F-250 and F-350.

Trying to live up to the “Built Ford Tough” ethos, Ford has created what it refers to as the “most capable off-road Super Duty ever.” Available as a pack for the XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, and Platinum trims of the two workhorses, Tremor comes with 35-inch “maximum-traction” all-terrain tires for better off-road chops. These are the “largest tires fitted to a heavy-duty pickup” and come together with bespoke 18-inch wheels finished in matte black.

Compared to a non-Tremor F-250 or F-350, the trucks boast a 2-inch front-end lift as well as a shorter air dam to enable a generous ground clearance of 10.8 inches (27.4 centimeters). A Super Duty Tremor also boasts a segment-leading water fording of 33 in (83.82 cm) and the best approach and departure angles (31.65 degrees and 24.51 degrees, respectively) ever offered on a Super Duty model.

Customers will be able to order the pack with either the completely new 7.3-liter V8 gasoline engine or the torquetastic third-gen 6.7-liter PowerStroke diesel – both of which are hooked up to a ten-speed automatic heavy-duty transmission. The Tremor package will also bundle other niceties like a Dana limited-slip differential at the front and a locking differential with electronic shift-on-the-fly engagement at the back.

Ford mentions a Super Duty equipped with the Tremor package features running boards that tuck up next to the body to avoid damages, along with FX4-sourced skid plates and extended-axle vent tubes. Selectable drive modes are also in the offing, including a new rock-crawl mode designed to work in 4x4 low. The F-150 Raptor’s Trail Control also seen in the Ranger is making its debut on a Super Duty model and works basically like an off-road cruise control system.

Ford will have the Tremor package available later this year together with the 2020 Super Duty lineup.

https://www.motor1.com/news/356903/f...remor-package/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 09:19 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: 2020 Super Duty Tremor

Love the big gas option. 35" wheels is impressive. On that massive truck tho, they seem more like 32". What a fun off road beast and nice option from a desert flying Raptor.
badhac likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Love the big gas option. 35" wheels is impressive. On that massive truck tho, they seem more like 32". What a fun off road beast and nice option from a desert flying Raptor.
I absolutely love this thing. Its way too big for the trails Ive gone down, but still.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 09:53 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Nothing more american than this thing: big, very big, powerfull (have an engine with more than 7 liter !), big ( I already said that?...), off road capable, with gigantic wheels and tires .... The Jeep of the big trucks.
jpd80 likes this.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 09:35 AM
Ford Explorer

Thinking about the tuning upgrades that are no doubt in the works for the 7.3L. I don't think specs are out yet, but HP is around 460 and Tq nearly 500. So I would imagine that a cam, chip and headers will net something close to 600 ftlbs. HP is anyone's guess, but a function of cam mostly. 550 should be quite easy. Not too bad. And I bet it sounds pretty good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 07:36 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Nothing more american than this thing: big, very big, powerfull (have an engine with more than 7 liter !), big ( I already said that?...), off road capable, with gigantic wheels and tires .... The Jeep of the big trucks.
LOL, don't forget big.

Filling the fuel tank would feel like paying a monthly car payment....
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 09:38 AM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
LOL, don't forget big.

Filling the fuel tank would feel like paying a monthly car payment....

Tank size is irrelevant. Youstill pay the same amount per gallon, and do not need to fill the tank. Truckshave large fuel tanks for convenience.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:04 AM
Ford Explorer

Local gas is as low as $2.59 for me during holiday week. A 30 gal tank of gas still does not scare me.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:32 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Local gas is as low as $2.59 for me during holiday week. A 30 gal tank of gas still does not scare me.

You are lucky, guys. Here in Spain 1 galon of gasoline cost 6,10$ !

That is why I will go from my old 2014 Explorer to a compact Mercedes-Benz A-Class.... and with the 1.3 lt engine.

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 01:24 PM
Ford Falcon

Remember the rumored FX4 Max off-road package? It eventually became the new "Tremor".
Quote:
Ford Authority learned that the company originally intended to call the variant FX4 Max. Execs refused to say why they changed their minds, but Tremor was a much better, more evocative choice in our opinion.
Read More @ https://www.motor1.com/news/357490/f...y-tremor-name/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in