Global Ranger Coming to the US? - Ford Inside News Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

Global Ranger Coming to the US?

Global Ranger Coming to the US?

I think Ford talking about a unibody Ranger replacement in the US was just that.....talk.

While the argument for not bringing the Global Ranger to the US, was because there was too much 'overlap' with the F-150.

Well if that's the case, why does Ford offer the F-150 and now the new Global Ranger in Mexico?????

What happened to the issue of overlap?

How did the issue of size overlap or price overlap all of a sudden become a non-issue?

For Example:

Mexican Global Ranger Supercab: 286,900 Pesos ($22,724)

Mexican F-150 RegularCab: 303,160 Peson ($24,012) and the US F-150 starts at: $23,995

Based on the F-150 the RegularCab is $3k less than the SuperCab, which puts the Global Ranger RegularCab at $19,724 US.

I think all the talk about 'overlap' was just to throw consumers off the scent of the Global Ranger, and see how many would 'settle' for the larger more expensive F-150. But most ran to Toyota, with the Tacoma sales about to double between US and Canada, and GM coming with their 2 midsize pickups. How does GM and Toyota see a midsize truck market in the US, when Ford can't??? And Ford, the truck leader, has clearly done NOTHING and have given no indication that they are working on any other small truck, besides the Ranger based SUV.

I would not be surprised if Ford did not announce that the new larger 2015 F-150 and Global Ranger are launching in the US together, a double punch to Toyota and GM, and to take the wind out of the sails of the GM truck launch. Just like they did at the recent auto show.

Or Ford will launch the Global Ranger in the US early 2014 so each truck has it's own spotlight. Everyone already knows about the Global Ranger, so it's may be better launch it and prepare for the big F-150 launch for MY2015.

But either way, the Global Ranger is coming.....Ya viene!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Re: Global Ranger Coming to the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
Well if that's the case, why does Ford offer the F-150 and now the new Global Ranger in Mexico?????
Ya know I asked this same question I think last year or so on this site and no one was able to answer me. Either way I HOPE they do bring the Ranger back!

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 10:15 PM
The Spaminator

Apparently the T6 Ranger was not designed to conform to US/Canada regulations.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Have Ford Sales in Markets Not Included in this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
?

GO TIGERS! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 10:24 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
...While the argument for not bringing the Global Ranger to the US, was because there was too much 'overlap' with the F-150.

What happened to the issue of overlap?

How did the issue of size overlap or price overlap all of a sudden become a non-issue? ...

...I think all the talk about 'overlap' was just to throw consumers off the scent of the Global Ranger...
3 imhos

first, a LOT of this is due to the PECULIARITIES (perceived BY Ford or Real) of U.S. consumers

two, imho the globalRanger was set in stone without benefit of OneFordish wisdom & is a bit too big for its own good ... eventually to be subsumed by the next-nextgen F-series

last (part of a disparaging comment I didn't quite post in the Breaking:Navi thread) which is:
Cartels have the ability to afford and demand whatever they want...

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausrutherford View Post
Apparently the T6 Ranger was not designed to conform to US/Canada regulations.
Apparently that's easily resolved, since the Global Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, along with every other vehicle Ford sells in the US, is also sold in Mexico and other countries.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 09:31 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

The Ford tactic in this case is to force customers want a truck, regardless the size they want, to buy a big F-series truck. Maybe some customers will be happy with some kind of less big truck than the F-series, but profits for Ford could decrease selling a smaller truck like the Ranger.

That is all. Business...profits...

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

Look what was found parked on the side of the road in Detroit, with Michigan plates July 16, 2013.

Truth About Cars

It's the Global Range. Currently built in Thailand, South Africa and Argentina. So why would a left drive model be on the roads in the US?

The 'too close to F-150' concept does not fly. It's sold with the F-150 in Mexico, and the open cab and crew cab has the same wheelbase, and is shorter(height), narrower and shorter(length) than the Toyota Tacoma.

Clearly, Ford is peeping this truck for the US market. Keeping things quiet until after the launch of the new and larger 2015 F-150.

It's coming.......
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 02:06 AM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via MSN to ZanatWork

I'd dearly love this to be true, because 1/2 ton pickups have gotten huge and kinda ridiculous in recent years.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 08:26 AM
News Guru

Quote:
But either way, the Global Ranger is coming......Se está llegando!
hahaha I think that you are trying to say: Esta llegando! or Ya viene! (It´s coming) I hope it comes to the US, the ranger is selling well here in Peru (it looks great)
Bloggin likes this.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Ford needs to make a competitor for this truck. Maybe it will be a sales surprise for Chevy in USA. Remember the Buick Encore...

Tags
coming, global, ranger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page