LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 10:37 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage
Re: New Camaro ZL1 Breaks Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
3.5TT from Ford GT
Honestly I'd prefer a V8 just because I love the sound, but this would likely be what happens. It's not all bad as we know the 3.5 is a monster and likely would be less weight over the front. My only issue is would the "purists" have an issue with it?
mercury_1988 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 10:47 AM
Ford Explorer

FYI, Ford took the engineering lead on the 10 speed and GM did the 9 speed. Basically, each engineers the guts and then each respective application requires its own casting, final specifications, etc. 10 speed will soon proliferate quickly through truck and Mustang beginning later this year. Comparing months in between GM and Ford launches means little. Timing launches for vehicles accounts for many variables, not just a transmission. I can’t speak to Mustang’s next performance vehicle, but I will say that it is more interesting to me than just another iterated pushrod motor. No offense to OHV aficionados, as I am one myself. But I do like to change this up a bit from time to time. That’s where Ford is unique here, and I also happen to think that is what drives Mustangs success over the competition.

But nice overall look, sans the ‘cheese grater’ front end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 10:51 AM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
Honestly I'd prefer a V8 just because I love the sound, but this would likely be what happens. It's not all bad as we know the 3.5 is a monster and likely would be less weight over the front. My only issue is would the "purists" have an issue with it?
To be honest, the purists won't matter. They'll sell every one they make. Purists can buy a GT350... truly my heart bleeds for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
I can’t speak to Mustang’s next performance vehicle, but I will say that it is more interesting to me than just another iterated pushrod motor. No offense to OHV aficionados, as I am one myself. But I do like to change this up a bit from time to time. That’s where Ford is unique here, and I also happen to think that is what drives Mustangs success over the competition.

But nice overall look, sans the ‘cheese grater’ front end.
What kills me is that this either refers to a V6 which is unique and changing it up, or the FPC which is also unique. **** you and your semantics!!

Good Flyers/Wings game last night, huh, @wingsnut?

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead

Last edited by gjrip; 03-16-2016 at 10:55 AM.

post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 11:11 AM
Ford Explorer

^
gj,
there are more unique available powertrain choices than that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
^
gj,
there are more unique available powertrain choices than that.
GT500 DIESEL CONFIRMED.

Jk.

Hm.

Can you tell me one thing? Will it piss off purists?

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 11:39 AM
Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
If there will be a new GT500, what do you guys think will power it?
A. A supercharged 5.0 Coyote like what Roush and Shelby American does?
B. An EcoBoost version of the 5.0 Coyote?
C. A forced-induction flat-plane Voodoo?
Any of these please. No EB V6!
mercury_1988 likes this.

2013 F650 XLT SC Rollback, 2013 F150 STX RCSB 5.0, 2013 Escape Titanium (wifes) & 73 Cutlass 455 4 Speed.
My Facebook page:
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 11:51 AM
Focus RS WRC

Fantastic car. Was a bit shocked that Chevy got the first application for the 10-speed, but hey, it was a GOOD surprise.

It's gonna destroy.
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 12:00 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voice of Doom View Post
Fantastic car. Was a bit shocked that Chevy got the first application for the 10-speed, but hey, it was a GOOD surprise.

It's gonna destroy.
Admittedly I'm not to thrilled with the surprise lolol. I guess it all depends on how quickly they all arrive to market.

post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 12:15 PM
Focus RS WRC

It was weird. I was watching that Flowtie vid like everyone else and even after the video jump the transmission was just BANGING those shifts. I was thinking "even with eight speeds, this thing must have a STUPID short rear end." Makes more sense now. I'm still interested in seeing how the shift logic is on the top two or three gears, especially given how FCA has been flummoxed by their nine-speed.
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 12:16 PM
Ford Explorer

Thinking of the immense development costs of an 8 speed that barely saw a few years of service, has to make the bean counters shudder.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page