GT-500 with new 7.0!?!? - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 12:02 AM
Ford Kuga

Re: GT-500 with new 7.0!?!?

Neither the Cobra Jet nor COPO Camaros have any chance at being production cars, and even Dodge could not transform their Challenger Drag Pack into a street legal car. Time to give credit where credit is do which seems to be amazingly difficult to some.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 04:35 AM
Ford Explorer

Credit where it's due? For the Demon.....a vehicle that has remained unchanged for many years save for more power and the complete lack of any lateral G Force ability????? Perhaps in an appropriate thread. The car is what it is, a barely legal drag car. Something I compared a Ford Performance vehicle to which has the same price tag, albeit not quite street legal. And you are wrong, it would be quite easy to make it street legal.

In this thread about Ford and Mustang however, I would much rather bias the discussion in that direction.
The GT500 will soon be revealed, and there is plenty there to talk about instead.

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Ford Kuga

I find myself yet again in a discussion with someone about things that they simply do not fully understand. If it were truly easy to convert a Cobra Jet into a street legal car it would have been done privately, and it literally has never been done by anyone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 03:49 PM
Ford Explorer

I see that some people take automotive jousting discussions waaaay too seriously.
Lose the ego man I was playfully suggesting how a factory built Cobra Jet Mustang already has been around and can already kick a factory built Demon’s ass at the strip. I am well aware of both vehicles and their respective places, but my bottom line is that if drag strip speed is your poison & you have $100K to spend, Ford has a faster solution. So let’s not pretend one can be used as a DD. Neither would.
As far as passing regulations (air bags, turn signals, crash testing, etc.) to make a vehicle road worthy, yeah I get it. I also get that many thousands of vehicles on the road do not meet many of those requirements. All one has to do is attend a Woodward cruise or any weekly cruise, to see what I mean. I have restored and built many myself, that I am certain violated many a code.

Oh, and just for kicks.....
https://www.motor1.com/news/73455/st...eams-for-sale/
hbmf3 likes this.

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Ford Focus

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk, Wingsnut for your having even possibly considered building a vehicle that potentially overlooked a code.
wingsnut likes this.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Ford Explorer

I saw this on Woodward a few times. I wonder if it meets all codes.....

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 03:49 PM
Ford Explorer

I know for a fact, that I meet more codes than this guy...

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 07:09 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Production of the 7.0 V8 is not set to begin until 2019, I therefore suggest that the likely
candidate will be a Supercharged version of the Ford Racing Cross Plane 5.2 V8.
Those engines could be built down the same mini engine line as the Voodoo.

I don't see any advantage in offering a 7.0 V8 in a GT350 chassis when so much
weight will be added to a car intended for pin sharp race track handling.

Could the 7.0 V8 be reserved for another Mustang after the GT500?
Perhaps the Cobra jet is coming in 2019 as a 2020 model
2b2, AM222 and hbmf3 like this.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 07:35 PM
Ford Explorer

I agree jpd80, a coyote based something makes the most sense for the next GT500, which should be revealed pretty soon btw. Boosted, of course, and to the tune of about 750 hp would be swell. But a high revving FP would be wasted on it, if boosted. The last boosted motor had an RPM that was lower than non boosted, revving only to 6500. I would expect similar with the coyote.

What I am eager to find out, is what type of weight reduction they are achieving. I would love to see a 3500lb top dog Shelby.
hbmf3 likes this.

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 02:56 AM
Ford Focus ZX

It just makes sense to me that if Shelby developed its S/C kit for the 5.0 and that development was done at
Ford's own engine test locations, it stands to reason that the entire engine would thus be up for validation.
So then add some capacity to 5.2 and back the boost off a little and Voila, one reliable 750 HP package.
hbmf3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page