traded my 2016 for a 2018 - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX

Re: traded my 2016 for a 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
Not sure if it's the same system or not but my MKZ stays in what ever setting I left it in last. I am pretty sure it's not supposed to revert like that.
Yeah, my Lincoln stays where I set it.
Andrew L likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 11:31 AM
Ford Flex

With all the layers of control now, there might be a setting somewhere which allows you to choose to remain in the last setting, or revert back to a standard setting.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 12:51 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelinc View Post
I have discovered that if I set my steering to "comfort," it will always default back to "normal" when I start the car. My 2016 stayed where I set it upon start-up. My dealer is clueless about that but they agree that resetting it every time I start the car would be a bit of a nuisance.

RMC, does yours work that way?
Yeah, I noticed it doesn't retain the steering setting too - actually by accident. My dad's Raptor retains the steering setting, so I had assumed it kept it on the Mustang too, until I was playing with the controls and found it hadn't kept that setting. The drive mode reverting to normal mode I don't mind as much (don't always want it in Sport+ mode), but I'd like to keep the steering on sport mode.

Ironically, it WILL remember/retain your heated/cooled seat setting - if you had the cooled seats on full when you turn it off, it'll be on when you turn it back on, same with heat.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 03:39 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
Not sure if it's the same system or not but my MKZ stays in what ever setting I left it in last. I am pretty sure it's not supposed to revert like that.
just-imho, that's the way it's programmed THIS year

classic case of the administrative-bosses not knowing what they want the programmers to do

still waiting for my fully-programmable driver/vehicle interface

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 05-17-2018 at 03:41 PM.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 03:51 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
Ironically, it WILL remember/retain your heated/cooled seat setting - if you had the cooled seats on full when you turn it off, it'll be on when you turn it back on, same with heat.
That is something I miss from my LS that no Ford Lincoln or Mercury product has had since which were automatic seat heating/cooling. You pressed both buttons at the same time and only the middle lights lit up on both and they would stay in that setting even when you turned the car off and came back later. They were tied in with the HVAC setting so what ever temp you had they would match. It was a neat feature wish they kept it.
2b2 likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX

I just recieved this email:

My name is Melissa, I am from Ford`s Customer Relationship Center (CRC). I am following up regarding our chat from earlier today.

Thank you for allowing me to look into your inquiry further. You asked about the steering settings, and how it is defaulting back to normal whenever you restart your vehicle. I reached out to a Subject Matter Expert for advice. I have confirmed that this is a concern that your local dealership can fix by updating the cluster. If the dealer checks for service messages, they will see one for IPC update, and that should resolve this concern.
2b2 likes this.

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 06:38 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelinc View Post
I just recieved this email:

My name is Melissa, I am from Ford`s Customer Relationship Center (CRC). I am following up regarding our chat from earlier today.

Thank you for allowing me to look into your inquiry further. You asked about the steering settings, and how it is defaulting back to normal whenever you restart your vehicle. I reached out to a Subject Matter Expert for advice. I have confirmed that this is a concern that your local dealership can fix by updating the cluster. If the dealer checks for service messages, they will see one for IPC update, and that should resolve this concern.
Interesting.....might have to have my dealer do that when I take it in for a few minor things.

Current Vehicles:
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 08:12 PM
Ford Focus

No sunroof, no sale for me. Otherwise Id pick one up for fun. F-Type is on my radar for this exact reason, as my mid-life-crisis car.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 02:40 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam79 View Post
No sunroof, no sale for me. Otherwise Id pick one up for fun. F-Type is on my radar for this exact reason, as my mid-life-crisis car.
They offer a massive sunroof.....called a convertible.

I know what you mean, though. Didn't they offer a glass roof several years ago?

Current Vehicles:
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX

Hot, humid and headwind are not friendly to fast times. Neither is only having 600 miles on the odometer. Since the car is not broken in, I didn't use dragstrip mode. It holds each gear to over 7500 RPM and all torque management is eliminated. To be a bit more gentle, I just ran in sport mode which shifts at 7000 and softens the shifts somewhat. Ran 12.6 @ 114 mph. In good air when fully broken in, I think low 12s are quite possible.....maybe even a high 11.

wingsnut and 2b2 like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page