traded my 2016 for a 2018 - Ford Inside News Community
 28Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX
 
brucelinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 251
traded my 2016 for a 2018

I only had my 2016 Mustang GT for 4 months. I learned several things about Mustangs. 1. I loved driving it and that it was comfortable enough and refined enough for daily driver use. 2. While the manual gearbox was fun on the street, it was not as good as an automatic at the drag strip. 3. Black is even more of a pain to care for than I remembered from having black cars in the past. I also discovered that it was worth more in May than I paid for it on that snowy and cold day in January!

So, to enhance the things I liked about my 2016 and to remedy the shortcomings, here is my newest acquisition. It has the 10 speed automatic, 401A package, safe & smart package, black accent package, Shaker Pro audio, and 3.55 gear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mustang1.JPG (166.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang2.JPG (96.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg showstopper1.JPG (204.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg showstopper4.JPG (124.4 KB, 33 views)
falcon lover, 2b2, MKII and 11 others like this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
brucelinc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 12:15 PM
Ford Falcon
 
rmc523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,522
Re: traded my 2016 for a 2018

Looks great! Congrats! I love the gauge cluster in mine.
brucelinc likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
rmc523 is online now  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 12:37 PM
Ford Explorer
 
Andrew L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 5,886
Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Re: traded my 2016 for a 2018

The black and white color combo with red interior is sharp
brucelinc likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
Andrew L is online now  
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 01:11 AM
Ford Focus ZX
 
AllenLincoln93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 271
Re: traded my 2016 for a 2018

D'aaaamn that's a stunner! Congrats man! Gosh, I want a Lincoln version of the Mustang so bad still. Give us an American version of the old Jaguar XK or the upcoming Volvo/Polestar coupe!
2b2, Andrew L and brucelinc like this.

Current Car: 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Recent Previous Cars:
2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
2015 Lincoln MKC
2013 Ford Edge
AllenLincoln93 is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX
 
brucelinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 251
Re: traded my 2016 for a 2018

Mustangs are not what they used to be.....in a good way.

Not many people think of luxury or technology in a Mustang. Yet, now we have adaptive cruise with brake support, BLIS, rain sensing wipers, automatic high beam, memory seats, heated steering wheel, soft touch door panels, acoustic windshield, HID lighting and more. The instrument cluster is a thing of beauty, adaptability and functionality. You can select from any number of gauges, how they are displayed and the color combinations. You can adjust the steering to normal, sport or comfort. You can adjust the engine/transmission to normal, sport, sport+, track, dragstrip or snow/wet. You can adjust the exhaust sound to quiet, normal, sport or track. You can even mix and match all of these things using MyMode.

About the only features in my Continental that are missing in the Mustang is the ability to park itself, the 30 way massaging seats and the ability to open the trunk by sticking your foot under the bumper. The Shaker Pro sound system is superior to the base Revel in the Conti. The instument cluster makes the one in the Conti look like a relic from the 90s. The 10 speed automatic in the Mustang is vastly superior to the 6 speed in the Conti. Interior fit/finish is excellent on both. Obviously the ride in the Mustang is firmer but it is not punishing in any way. Wind and road noise is exceptionally low in the Mustang. Obviously, you can hear the exhaust but it is a beautiful sound and doesn't distract from having normal conversation with a passenger.

It is clear that Ford is putting a lot of effort into Mustangs these days.
2b2 and djhogie like this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
brucelinc is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 12:08 PM
Ford Falcon
 
rmc523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,522
Re: traded my 2016 for a 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelinc View Post
Mustangs are not what they used to be.....in a good way.

Not many people think of luxury or technology in a Mustang. Yet, now we have adaptive cruise with brake support, BLIS, rain sensing wipers, automatic high beam, memory seats, heated steering wheel, soft touch door panels, acoustic windshield, HID lighting and more. The instrument cluster is a thing of beauty, adaptability and functionality. You can select from any number of gauges, how they are displayed and the color combinations. You can adjust the steering to normal, sport or comfort. You can adjust the engine/transmission to normal, sport, sport+, track, dragstrip or snow/wet. You can adjust the exhaust sound to quiet, normal, sport or track. You can even mix and match all of these things using MyMode.

About the only features in my Continental that are missing in the Mustang is the ability to park itself, the 30 way massaging seats and the ability to open the trunk by sticking your foot under the bumper. The Shaker Pro sound system is superior to the base Revel in the Conti. The instument cluster makes the one in the Conti look like a relic from the 90s. The 10 speed automatic in the Mustang is vastly superior to the 6 speed in the Conti. Interior fit/finish is excellent on both. Obviously the ride in the Mustang is firmer but it is not punishing in any way. Wind and road noise is exceptionally low in the Mustang. Obviously, you can hear the exhaust but it is a beautiful sound and doesn't distract from having normal conversation with a passenger.

It is clear that Ford is putting a lot of effort into Mustangs these days.
One thing I did notice on yours that was interesting........when you change the colors in the gauge cluster, it appears to change the color of the "rings" too? (By rings I mean around the gauge numbers) Mine doesn't do that, the rings always remain gray, but the "sweep" color and other accents change (I'll have to take a picture to show you what I mean if you don't understand).

The only thing mine doesn't have that I wish it did have was the Safe and Smart package, but the deal for this one was too good to pass up.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
rmc523 is online now  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX
 
brucelinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 251
In the settings, there are primary and secondary colors. I think you change the color of the rings with the secondary color.

The only thing on mine that I would not have ordered was the Shaker Pro system.
2b2 likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by brucelinc; 05-15-2018 at 12:49 PM.
brucelinc is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 02:05 PM
Ford Falcon
 
rmc523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,522
Re: traded my 2016 for a 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelinc View Post
In the settings, there are primary and secondary colors. I think you change the color of the rings with the secondary color.

The only thing on mine that I would not have ordered was the Shaker Pro system.
Ohhhh, you know what, I don't think I ever played with the secondary color. I'll have to try that later this afternoon.
brucelinc likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
rmc523 is online now  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX
 
brucelinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 251
Re: traded my 2016 for a 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
Ohhhh, you know what, I don't think I ever played with the secondary color. I'll have to try that later this afternoon.
I have discovered that if I set my steering to "comfort," it will always default back to "normal" when I start the car. My 2016 stayed where I set it upon start-up. My dealer is clueless about that but they agree that resetting it every time I start the car would be a bit of a nuisance.

RMC, does yours work that way?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
brucelinc is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 09:26 AM
Ford Explorer
 
Andrew L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 5,886
Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Re: traded my 2016 for a 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelinc View Post
I have discovered that if I set my steering to "comfort," it will always default back to "normal" when I start the car. My 2016 stayed where I set it upon start-up. My dealer is clueless about that but they agree that resetting it every time I start the car would be a bit of a nuisance.

RMC, does yours work that way?
Not sure if it's the same system or not but my MKZ stays in what ever setting I left it in last. I am pretty sure it's not supposed to revert like that.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
Andrew L is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome