11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 03:00 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Re: GT500 Performance Specs Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
I am thinking practical, since I canít drive 140mph every day lol
You donít know what practicality is. If youíd know then youíd get your sad butt in a 350 and experience what it offers, but I guess youíre one of those that doesnít know how to drive a stick so you look at reasons to dis it.

Enjoyment is paramount. You jump in the 350 and you could dawdle around rowing through the gears without ever going above 2500rpm and just enjoy the Voodoo V8ís vocals as it begs you to smash it past 3000rpm, knowing quite well that you could, but you donít. The Supra is enjoyable as well, I think itís a great car and, yes, itís **** quick. I wouldnít say no to one thatís for sure. Ultimately it comes down to personal preference. As car enthusiasts we are spoiled.

There are some that I wouldnít consider as car enthusiasts, though. People that spend their time looking for the slightest nuance to dis a brand all in the name of being pests. They enjoy being pests because they know they donít know how to enjoy the cars they pretend to know anything about.

If you truly think that youíd need a GT500 is necessary over a GT350 all because a Supra is slightly quicker to 60 than the 350 then you have not a shred of credibility when cars are the topic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

I would rather have a GT350 than the monster GT500, as I might actually use one of those as a daily driver to work in the summer. Besides, plenty of performance, and that sound.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Here is the GT500 at same track,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

GT500 almost seems quieter. I wonder if the forced induction is causing fewer db's

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 04:11 AM
Ford Kuga

Neither the GT350 nor Supra are truly fast, and quite frankly the Voodoo engine in many ways does not make a good companion. It needs excessive engine revs, and thrives on them but brings a vibration to the table that just does not feel natural or good especially over 7000 rpm.

post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

^lOL

post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 10:38 AM
Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
Quote:
I am thinking practical, since I can’t drive 140mph every day lol
You don’t know what practicality is. If you’d know then you’d get your sad butt in a 350 and experience what it offers, but I guess you’re one of those that doesn’t know how to drive a stick so you look at reasons to dis it.

Enjoyment is paramount. You jump in the 350 and you could dawdle around rowing through the gears without ever going above 2500rpm and just enjoy the Voodoo V8’s vocals as it begs you to smash it past 3000rpm, knowing quite well that you could, but you don’t. The Supra is enjoyable as well, I think it’s a great car and, yes, it’s **** quick. I wouldn’t say no to one that’s for sure. Ultimately it comes down to personal preference. As car enthusiasts we are spoiled.

There are some that I wouldn’t consider as car enthusiasts, though. People that spend their time looking for the slightest nuance to dis a brand all in the name of being pests. They enjoy being pests because they know they don’t know how to enjoy the cars they pretend to know anything about.

If you truly think that you’d need a GT500 is necessary over a GT350 all because a Supra is slightly quicker to 60 than the 350 then you have not a shred of credibility when cars are the topic.
You are wrong...you are thinking about a cruiser when you say things like ‘enjoying the sound’ ‘playing through the gears’...that’s nice, I enjoy that too, my dad’s 69 Mustang is awesome for that!....I am talking about the gears heads - like me- that head down to the drag strip and do as many runs as we can and talk about how fast or slow our cars performed. 140mph is never achievable neither in that scenario nor in normal street driving when that crazy car head like you wants to do a red light drag....
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 09:53 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
You are wrong...you are thinking about a cruiser when you say things like ‘enjoying the sound’ ‘playing through the gears’...that’s nice, I enjoy that too, my dad’s 69 Mustang is awesome for that!....I am talking about the gears heads - like me- that head down to the drag strip and do as many runs as we can and talk about how fast or slow our cars performed. 140mph is never achievable neither in that scenario nor in normal street driving when that crazy car head like you wants to do a red light drag....

The GT350 isn't meant to be a drag racer so if you're upset that other cars are better in that environment that would be a you issue. If you choose to use a steak knife to cut down a tree you shouldn't complain that it doesn't work as well as an axe.
falcon lover likes this.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 08:19 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
Quote:
I am thinking practical, since I can’t drive 140mph every day lol
You don’t know what practicality is. If you’d know then you’d get your sad butt in a 350 and experience what it offers, but I guess you’re one of those that doesn’t know how to drive a stick so you look at reasons to dis it.

Enjoyment is paramount. You jump in the 350 and you could dawdle around rowing through the gears without ever going above 2500rpm and just enjoy the Voodoo V8’s vocals as it begs you to smash it past 3000rpm, knowing quite well that you could, but you don’t. The Supra is enjoyable as well, I think it’s a great car and, yes, it’s **** quick. I wouldn’t say no to one that’s for sure. Ultimately it comes down to personal preference. As car enthusiasts we are spoiled.

There are some that I wouldn’t consider as car enthusiasts, though. People that spend their time looking for the slightest nuance to dis a brand all in the name of being pests. They enjoy being pests because they know they don’t know how to enjoy the cars they pretend to know anything about.

If you truly think that you’d need a GT500 is necessary over a GT350 all because a Supra is slightly quicker to 60 than the 350 then you have not a shred of credibility when cars are the topic.
...if you were going to do that, you’d slap a SC on a Coyote and call it a day for a whole lot less than any of these special editions. The 350 was/is a track car. 500 was/is a strip car/cruiser.

But, if you don’t want to pay $80k, you buy a GT and throw a SC on it for almost half that. For all its faults, the Mustang is a great gear head platform with a vast aftermarket.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
The GT350 isn't meant to be a drag racer so if you're upset that other cars are better in that environment that would be a you issue. If you choose to use a steak knife to cut down a tree you shouldn't complain that it doesn't work as well as an axe.
I don't know about that, sometimes a chef can do wonders in a kitchen, or forest.

Here is a stock GT350 beating (at least once) a stock Hellcat.

falcon lover likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page