GT500 Performance Specs Revealed - Page 4 - Ford Inside News Community
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 03:12 PM
Ford Focus

Re: GT500 Performance Specs Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanatWork View Post
Eh...maybe "quicker" but not really "faster", as various tests show. That electric motor will run out of top end...and at that point, the power consumption will obliterate the range even more than the higher fuel use of the GT500 at high speeds.

It's kinda reminding me of a buddy who built his old F-150 up with really aggressive gearing and mods to the 300-6 it had. The truck was amazing...for the stoplight grand prix. Also, if you put your foot in it, you could watch the gas needle heading for E.

That's kinda how I see "performance EVs" right now. The tech is impressive, but the entire field needs the next battery breakthrough to really be a feasible replacement for ICE vehicles (to which, I'm sure, AOC is loudly opposed).

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Sorry to say this, but Tesla has decided to put in the Tesla Plaid powertrain into the upcoming Model S and Y. It is built for racing! There will be no warning lights for overheating of drivetrain, motor or brakes that exist in the current models that are run on the track! It is being testing on the Nürburgring right now! Hoping to out duo the Taycan record.

Last edited by Harry_Wild; 09-14-2019 at 03:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 04:05 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Wild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanatWork View Post
Eh...maybe "quicker" but not really "faster", as various tests show. That electric motor will run out of top end...and at that point, the power consumption will obliterate the range even more than the higher fuel use of the GT500 at high speeds.

It's kinda reminding me of a buddy who built his old F-150 up with really aggressive gearing and mods to the 300-6 it had. The truck was amazing...for the stoplight grand prix. Also, if you put your foot in it, you could watch the gas needle heading for E.

That's kinda how I see "performance EVs" right now. The tech is impressive, but the entire field needs the next battery breakthrough to really be a feasible replacement for ICE vehicles (to which, I'm sure, AOC is loudly opposed).

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Sorry to say this, but Tesla has decided to put in the Tesla Plaid powertrain into the upcoming Model S and Y. It is built for racing! There will be no warning lights for overheating of drivetrain, motor or brakes that exist in the current models that are run on the track! It is being testing on the Nürburgring right now! Hoping to out duo the Taycan record.
...the next Tesla will probably see an upgraded cell chemistry. They filed a patent last year for a new chemistry. Supposedly has a very long life, 1m miles with minimal degradation. Pretty exciting. They’re supposed to present the new stuff Q1 next year at an investors day. Apparently it’s the tech that led them to promote their 600+mi range for the Roadster.

The next year will be interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page