GT500 Performance Specs Revealed - Ford Inside News Community
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

GT500 Performance Specs Revealed

Wow, looking around the Mustang discussion board, and with the GT500 launching as we speak.....I don't even see any recent threads on it. Very little interest on a barely visited site any longer means I will barely bother to add anything.

In fact, I won't even add the link. It's out there. Google it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 04:29 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: GT500 Performance Specs Revealed

Im bored... i will put all that information here... Maybe all the others guys are busy reading about the new Chevy Ferrari

Mustang Shelby GT 500:

5,2 lt V8 engine with cross-plane crankshaft, a 2,65 lt roots supercharger with air-to-liquid intercooler located between the blower and the engine.

760 Hp, 625 lb-ft of torque
Tremec dual clutch 7-speed automatic transmision
The biggest front wheels brakes in an american coupe: 16,5 inch rotors
Optional carbon fiber wheels
0 to 62 mph in 3,5 sec
Quarter mile under 11 sec
0-100-0 mph in 10,6 sec
74000$ (before dealer abusive overpricing... )

.... and being that beautiful, who would want a Ferrari by Chevy?

P.S.: because I see it coming, to those who come to write that a Tesla model 3 accelerates faster than this car, I tell you at once that I am not interested. I like real cars, not electric refrigerators on wheels that can accelerate fast.
wingsnut and Logans Run like this.

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 05:54 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Im bored... i will put all that information here... Maybe all the others guys are busy reading about the new Chevy Ferrari [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png[/IMG]

Mustang Shelby GT 500:

5,2 lt V8 engine with cross-plane crankshaft, a 2,65 lt roots supercharger with air-to-liquid intercooler located between the blower and the engine.

760 Hp, 625 lb-ft of torque
Tremec dual clutch 7-speed automatic transmision
The biggest front wheels brakes in an american coupe: 16,5 inch rotors
Optional carbon fiber wheels
0 to 62 mph in 3,5 sec
Quarter mile under 11 sec
0-100-0 mph in 10,6 sec
74000$ (before dealer abusive overpricing... [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG])

.... and being that beautiful, who would want a Ferrari by Chevy?

P.S.: because I see it coming, to those who come to write that a Tesla model 3 accelerates faster than this car, I tell you at once that I am not interested. I like real cars, not electric refrigerators on wheels that can accelerate fast. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_kiss.png[/IMG]
...personally, I’d love to have one. GT500s have always been my dream car. That said, a 5 seat Model S with a giant hatch does 0-100-0 .4 seconds faster than this bad boy. Makes you realize how futile it is to withstand the coming tide.

God, if Tesla had the money, they could make a Roadster-looking coupe on the 3 platform that would roll the GT500 on the street...but couldn’t hold a candle to it on the track. ICE will own the tracks and trucks for a while longer, but the change is inevitable.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 06:33 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
P.S.: because I see it coming, to those who come to write that a Tesla model 3 accelerates faster than this car, I tell you at once that I am not interested. I like real cars, not electric refrigerators on wheels that can accelerate fast.
When your refrigerator is faster than your $70K sports car you should be impressed, or depressed.
falcon lover and 70 Stang like this.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 06:50 PM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via MSN to ZanatWork

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
When your refrigerator is faster than your $70K sports car you should be impressed, or depressed.
Eh...maybe "quicker" but not really "faster", as various tests show. That electric motor will run out of top end...and at that point, the power consumption will obliterate the range even more than the higher fuel use of the GT500 at high speeds.

It's kinda reminding me of a buddy who built his old F-150 up with really aggressive gearing and mods to the 300-6 it had. The truck was amazing...for the stoplight grand prix. Also, if you put your foot in it, you could watch the gas needle heading for E.

That's kinda how I see "performance EVs" right now. The tech is impressive, but the entire field needs the next battery breakthrough to really be a feasible replacement for ICE vehicles (to which, I'm sure, AOC is loudly opposed).

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
falcon lover and 70 Stang like this.

If GM can justify Buick, and if Honda can justify Acura, we can damned well have Mercury back.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 10:46 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanatWork View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
Eh...maybe "quicker" but not really "faster", as various tests show. That electric motor will run out of top end...and at that point, the power consumption will obliterate the range even more than the higher fuel use of the GT500 at high speeds.

It's kinda reminding me of a buddy who built his old F-150 up with really aggressive gearing and mods to the 300-6 it had. The truck was amazing...for the stoplight grand prix. Also, if you put your foot in it, you could watch the gas needle heading for E.

That's kinda how I see "performance EVs" right now. The tech is impressive, but the entire field needs the next battery breakthrough to really be a feasible replacement for ICE vehicles (to which, I'm sure, AOC is loudly opposed).

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
...not necessarily. EVs aren’t faster top end because they are single speed transmissions. The new Taycan has a 2-spd and Getrag just introduced a 2-spd EV motor. All of that is coming as tech improves. There was only 1 real EV company doing any real R&D for nearly a decade and a half. Now that everyone is getting in the game, expect improvements at a faster pace.

That said, the Tesla will also go 345mi on the equivalent of 3gal of gas when it isn’t being rung out, 115mpge vs. 15mpg... and that is why it is the future.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 05:03 AM
Ford Kuga

I await full performance testing, and inevitable comparisons with the C8.
Logans Run likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Impressive numbers from GT500. I sense this will be the last of it's kind, ever from Ford.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:45 AM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Impressive numbers from GT500. I sense this will be the last of it's kind, ever from Ford.
I was thinking the same thing back in the 80's.

I would love to see Ford offer this as an appearance package on the standard Mustang GT, or maybe as a special edition Mustang. Keep it around $42K or so, and it will sell like hotcakes.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 12:30 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
0 to 62 mph in 3.5 sec
I love how Ford still avoided publishing the 0-60mph time, instead they posted the 0-62mph(100km/h) time.

Chances are the 0-60 figure is 0.1 less (3.4 seconds) or about the same as a Challenger Hellcat Redeye.

Last edited by AM222; 08-07-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page