Shelby Autos And Ford Racing To Build 600+ Hp Street Legal Shelby Gt500 "super Snakes - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT
Shelby Autos And Ford Racing To Build 600+ Hp Street Legal Shelby Gt500 "super Snakes

SHELBY AUTOS AND FORD RACING TO BUILD 600+ HP STREET LEGAL SHELBY GT500 "SUPER SNAKES

Las Vegas – April 27, 2007 – Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500's into fire breathing "Super Snake" coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements to the Ford Shelby GT500's handling, styling and power; tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted). Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.

"My team at Shelby Automobiles is always working on new ways to build better performing cars" said Carroll Shelby. "I told them that I wanted to build a vehicle that could blow the doors off of most anything on the planet. By partnering with Ford Racing, we're giving enthusiasts a Mustang with that level of performance."

Working together at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and in Dearborn, Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the aggressive suspension and engine package specifically for the car.

"Mustang enthusiasts are demanding more from both Ford Racing and Shelby Autos" said Jamie Allison, Manager of Ford Racing Performance Group. "The GT500 Super Snake package, with its higher horsepower levels and balanced track-inspired tuning, satisfies those demands and then some ... in a uniquely Ford – Shelby way."

In 1967, Shelby American built one 427-powered GT500 "Super Snake" for Mel Burns Ford. Carroll Shelby drove it at the Goodyear test track for tire promotion film production. That car reached lap speeds of over 150 mph and a top speed of 170 mph. The new Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake will be equally potent.

"The name 'Super Snake' is legendary because the one that Shelby built was the pinnacle of muscle cars in 1967," added Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles. "We're bringing that concept forward 40 years for customers who own a Ford Shelby GT500. We'll give their car amazing new capabilities."

Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the GT500 Super Snake package which will include:
  • Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit (SuperPack 600) producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque
  • 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
  • Ford Racing performance exhaust system
  • Ford Racing Handling Pack offering unique performance suspension tuning including Dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
  • Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels
  • Ford Racing short-throw shifter
  • Baer 6 piston brakes with Shelby cast calipers and larger rotors
  • Front brake cooling ducts
  • Unique carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby design
    '
  • Shelby' lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid
    'Super Snake' vehicle badging
  • Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats, and other Shelby designed components
  • Official Shelby CSM dash plate
In addition, while the full Super Snake package will be available exclusively through Shelby Automobiles, many of the products comprising the Super Snake package will be available from Shelby Automobiles and Ford Racing starting in June.

SOURCE

. . . YES! Another one. Bring them on . . .

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Myself

Re: Shelby Autos And Ford Racing To Build 600+ Hp Street Legal Shelby Gt500 "super Sn

How many styles of Mustangs are there anyways? I have lost count
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 04:43 PM

Re: Shelby Autos And Ford Racing To Build 600+ Hp Street Legal Shelby Gt500 "super Sn

Will they use the 5.4L V-8 to make 725 hp? Is it capable of making and handling that much power?

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 04:59 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

I've read the Mod v8 family takes well to forced induction...
but if they use that it won't be for long probably - since the e.f.k.a.BOSS/Hurricane family is gonna include at least 4 engines = huge potential
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 06:18 PM

So basically when the Hurricane/BOSS motor arrives, the 4.6,5.4 and 6.8L Tritions are all going to be replaced?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 07:03 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^^ as far I know...
recap:
5.0 (302) crate engine
5.0 production engine
5.8 " "
6.2 " "
and maybe a 7.0 (427)

tho it won't surprise me if the Mods are 'tapered off', not instantly replaced

btw, the reason I said e.f.k.a. (engine formerly known as) is cuz the last I read, the name is probably being changed... Imho to a less Ford-ish, more corporate name (strictly opinion: so they can be used in Lincolns without sounding like a low priced drivetrain)
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Ford Kuga

Does Ford still use Pushrod V8's like GM and Chrysler?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 12:41 PM
FIN Staff Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RG59061

Pushrod V-8s? Certainly not...that would be the wonderful folks over at GM that still use Pushrod Technology!

The engines in the Ford Mustang are Overhead Cam Shaft Engines!

In response to the story above...OMG! I absolutely love this! A 600+ Bhp Shelby Mustang GT500KR Super Snake! I have the current issue of Motor Trend with the GT500-KR is on the cover, I have thoroughly drooled all over it by now!

Oh...could someone help. I need another new pair of shorts, sorry...I just lost control!

As for the question regarding the various Mustang Types...lets see if I can recount them all.

Ford Mustang V6
Ford Mustang V6 Convertible
Ford Mustang V6 Pony Package
Ford Mustang GT
Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Ford Mustang GT California Special
Ford Mustang Shelby GT
Ford Mustang Shelby GT-H (Hertz Exclusive)
Ford Mustang Shelby GT-H Convertible (Hertz Exclusive)
Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Convertible
Ford Mustang GT500-KR
Ford Mustang GT500-KR Super Snake

Editions That Are Most Likely To Be Ressurected:

Ford Mustang Mach 1
Ford Mustang Bullitt
Ford Mustang BOSS 302/428
Ford Mustang 50th Anniversary Editions
Ford Mustang 427 Cobra Jet (Possibly?)

Plus whatever new editions can be convcieved and imagined!

As Always...Stay Fabulous!
RG59061

Your Official Representative of the Ford Motor Company and the fine products of Ford and Lincoln for the GLBT Community.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG59061 View Post
Oh...could someone help. I need another new pair of shorts, sorry...I just lost control!
A pair a fresh shorts are in the mail. Hope the size is right . . .

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG59061 View Post
In response to the story above...OMG! I absolutely love this! A 600+ Bhp Shelby Mustang GT500KR Super Snake! I have the current issue of Motor Trend with the GT500-KR is on the cover, I have thoroughly drooled all over it by now!
MT really did take some really good photos on the car! They seem to put Mustangs on the cover all the time, but who could blame them! The pictures of the GT500 KR were just fabulous, it really is a stunning looking car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
snakes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page