Spyshot: 2010 Mercury Milan - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Content Admin

Spyshot: 2010 Mercury Milan

The updated Milan will go on sale in early 2009 as a 2010 model. In addition to its new look, Mercury will offer an optional hybrid gasoline-electric powertrain, 2.5-liter 4-cylinder with 200 horsepower.

http://info.detnews.com/redesign/aut...sneak&id=32718

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 09:14 AM

Re: Spyshot: 2010 Mercury Milan

This is always good to see. I didn't know that the Hybrid 2.5L would have 200 horsepower, that's great. I can't wait to see the Milan fully unveiled.

Does anyone know what the fuel mileage numbers will be?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Ford Ka

If you look closely, I think this is the MKZ. Look at the grill.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregh1952 View Post
No way. The headlights and grille design clearly say Mercury. The new Lincoln MKZ will have the new double winged grille and horizontal headlights.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Heres the 2010 Lincoln MKZ .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010 Lincoln MKZ.jpg (83.4 KB, 12 views)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Focus RS

The car looks like a Montego. I wasn't in love with the Montego.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhogie View Post
I agree but that is not necessarily a bad thing. It is reminiscent of the Montego in my opinion, since the grill is moe organic and contoured than the one in the current Milan and Sable which is flat, flat, flat and one of the less complimentary visual features in an otherwise great looking automobile.

This is a completely unexpected change for me, and I can hardly wait to see it clean.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhogie View Post
Having owned an '05 Montego and now owning and loving a '08 Sable. To truly love and appreciate the Montego and the new Sable is to own and drive them yes I know their styling is by no means ground breaking but both the Montego and Sable are wonderful cars that excel in so many ways and think it is very sad to see what their future held. But anyway I'm sure that once we see the refreshed Milan without any camouflage. that it will look terrific but I guess it really all depends on what you like.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 10:16 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Hey, gregh1952, welcome to the forum!

as others have said, it IS the Milan
Imho there could be more of a Mercury-Lincoln-ness/"family-traits" is some styling themes in the near future - I'm kinda convinced Fomoco is looking at MercuryLincoln (please forgive my re-prioritizing ) as One Brand - at least for this 'next phase'.

Now I know and Mr.SABLE knows that Mercury is much MUCH More than just a Lincoln-Junior...
so far I still have faith that Fomoco either already knows this too (ie SOME people at Fomoco) and the timing just isn't right yet -OR- will figure it out in time

For the record, I DID fall in love with the Montego the first time I saw one on-the-street/in-traffic (see the car spotting thread in The Tavern for details)
And Imho the Sable definitely took some styling themes in an even better direction
AND believe one-more-update might have finally gotten a lot more people's jaws to drop the way mine did with ver.1

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
Hey, gregh1952, welcome to the forum!

as others have said, it IS the Milan
Imho there could be more of a Mercury-Lincoln-ness/"family-traits" is some styling themes in the near future - I'm kinda convinced Fomoco is looking at MercuryLincoln (please forgive my re-prioritizing ) as One Brand - at least for this 'next phase'.

Now I know and Mr.SABLE knows that Mercury is much MUCH More than just a Lincoln-Junior...
so far I still have faith that Fomoco either already knows this too (ie SOME people at Fomoco) and the timing just isn't right yet -OR- will figure it out in time

For the record, I DID fall in love with the Montego the first time I saw one on-the-street/in-traffic (see the car spotting thread in The Tavern for details)
And Imho the Sable definitely took some styling themes in an even better direction
AND believe one-more-update might have finally gotten a lot more people's jaws to drop the way mine did with ver.1
I agree with everything you said 2b2. I also believe that Fomoco is thinking of Mercury/Lincoln as one brand and I think that is for sure showing with their new plans to make Mercury small-mid-size and Lincoln mid-size-full-size.

I also fell in love with the Montego when I first saw it and I loved it even more once I got to drive one and the new Sable has all of the Montegos greatest features plus much more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2010, mercury, milan, spyshot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page