The Mercury Files: Tailored interiors for Mercury - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon

Talking The Mercury Files: Tailored interiors for Mercury

Mercury has been gaining a reputation for offering more style with two-tone interiors. At first, I explored the idea of combining dark and light components to achieve 72 unique interiors; one for each model, each trim-level, each paint color... I didn't go that far - simply because it doesn't seem necessary or even ideal from a styling standpoint. However this proposal does take it to the next level - 15 tailored interiors (plus dashtop, carpet, and trim variations).

Rather than having black-stone-camel, where just the stone leather is two-tone, I've made all the fabrics two-tone (from subtle to dramatic) adding 4 variations of a darker (more practical) sand-beige with either an off-black or cream woven-in pattern. For the leather interiors, in addition to more two-tones and black, there's also 'Adobe', a ruddy natural brown.

Of course not all upholstery colors are equally good with every paint color, and the dealers wouldn't have room for so many combinations either. I attempted to offer just the best combos - and to limit most lower priced models to 1 or 2 choices. Another 'parts reduction' is using only Carbon (off-black) or Camel interior panels. Even if Ford and Lincoln continue to use a third panel color (due to volume or luxury-requirements respectively), Mercury's tailored interiors will mix-n-match better with just the 2. The interior themes also reflect differing expectations for each model - some more sporty, some more serene - the hybrids' interiors avoid solid black to ease a/c power drain.
(Why offer a hybrid customer the same choices as the 'biggest-engine-ya-got' buyer?
...catchy names for the themes are optional.)

The Mercury Files

Got Exclusive News or Exclusive car pictures?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or post them here with Title "Fomoconews Exclusive: .....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Focus RS WRC

They managed to make them look completely different even though the design is the same as an Fords. Mercury always does a good job at doing this. The brused aluminum in the Milan looks pretty good compared to the piano black plastic in the Fusion.

Milan

Fusion

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R. View Post
They managed to make them look completely different even though the design is the same as an Fords. Mercury always does a good job at doing this. The brused aluminum in the Milan looks pretty good compared to the piano black plastic in the Fusion.

Milan

Fusion
Also the lid over the cupholders makes a world of difference.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
Also the lid over the cupholders makes a world of difference.
I didnt notice that but you're right it does. I cleans up the look alot.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 09:45 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^^ crossreference: the next level

(maybe-Merc someday)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
^^ crossreference: the next level

(maybe-Merc someday)
Maybe more like Lincoln?

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 08:26 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^^ well when I think of Lincoln it's more walnut veneer with subtle touches of chrome...
'cept maybe on future H.R.L.'s
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
^^ well when I think of Lincoln it's more walnut veneer with subtle touches of chrome...
'cept maybe on future H.R.L.'s
Lincolns designs are also more boxy looking like in the 60s.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
files, interiors, mercury, tailored

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page