2008 Mercury Mountaineer - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT
2008 Mercury Mountaineer

2008 MERCURY MOUNTAINEER DEBUTS TWO INDUSTRY-EXCLUSIVE FEATURES

• Getting Connected. Mercury Sync™ hands-free in-car communications and entertainment system (late availability) joins the suite of high tech offerings on the Mountaineer for 2008.
  • Industry Innovation. Mountaineer comes to market with Ford’s industry-exclusive capless fuel filling system (late availability).
  • New Options. New features for 2008 include 20-inch wheels (late availability) and seven new packages, including: Mountaineer Chrome Package, Navigation and Moon and Tune Elite Package, Comfort Package, among others.
  • New Exterior Colors. Three new exterior colors: White Suede Clearcoat, Vapor Silver Clearcoat Metallic and Stone Green Clearcoat Metallic.

Major Features and Options

Mountaineer: 4.0-liter V-6 with a 5-speed automatic; Capless fuel filling system (late availability); 17-inch aluminum wheels with P245/65R17 all-season tires; Power door locks; Message center with four-line display; Auto-dimming rear-view mirrors; Dual power heated outside mirrors with security and approach lamps; Remote keyless entry; Fog lamps; Headlamps with auto lamp; Premium AM/FM stereo with single CD player and MP3 capability; Auxiliary audio input jack; First-row cloth seats with six-way power driver seat with manual lumbar support; Color-keyed and leather-wrapped steering wheel with speed and redundant audio and climate controls; AdvanceTrac® with RSC®; Intelligent Safety System™; Safety Canopy™ side curtain air bags for the first- and second-row passengers plus rollover protection sensors.

Mountaineer Premier adds: Satin aluminum round exhaust tip; Satin aluminum roof side rails; 18-inch satin aluminum chrome clad wheels with P235/65R18 all-season tires; Color-keyed running boards; First-row heated leather-trimmed sport bucket seats with Preferred Suede inserts; Six-way power passenger seat; Second-row reclining seatbacks and access to the standard third-row seat.

Options include: Mercury Sync™ (late availability); Third-Row Seat Package; Third-Row Seat Elite Package (includes PowerFold™ third row seat and auxiliary air conditioning); Chrome Package; Amenities Package; Moon and Tune Elite Package (includes Power moonroof, SIRIUS® Satellite Radio and Audiophile sound system); Navigation and Moon and Tune Elite Package (includes all previous equipment plus voice-activated navigation); Comfort Package; Heated Package (includes heated seats and windshield); Power-deployable running boards; Power adjustable pedals with memory; Power moonroof; Voice-activated navigation system; Rear-seat DVD entertainment system; Quad bucket seating; Heated front seats; Auxiliary climate control; color keyed running boards and third-row 50/50 split bench seat); Reverse Sensing System; Trailer Tow Package.

For the entire Press Release CLICK HERE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 06:45 PM

Re: 2008 Mercury Mountaineer

In short, "Explorer Brougham".
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
In short, "Explorer Brougham".
Is that a bad thing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
Is that a bad thing?
No, isn't a bad thing. I own an 2007 Explorer XLT and is a very good vehicle: potent, roomy, atractive,with 7 seats, with good quality..... I'm happy with my Explorer! I love my Explorer !!!!!

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Ford Kuga

It may be a fantastic vehicle, but its by far a relic of the old haphazard Ford.
Ford should kill it, like now. Put it out of its misery, and give the Edge an XL version to replace it.

As Far as I am concerned, this thing and the Pontiac Grand Prix are in the same class.

They represent the thinking that brought detroit to its knees

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbukukanyau View Post
It may be a fantastic vehicle, but its by far a relic of the old haphazard Ford.
Ford should kill it, like now. Put it out of its misery, and give the Edge an XL version to replace it.

As Far as I am concerned, this thing and the Pontiac Grand Prix are in the same class.

WRONG!!!!
The Explorer is still tops in it's class for a reason, it is and has always been the BEST mid-sized, BOF SUV on the road.

People have a need for BOF SUV's, and no unibodied CUV will ever be able to tow or haul what they can - period. Also, many people prefer their size to the hulking full SUV's. If you want medium towing abilities of over 7k lbs in a roomy 7 passenger vehicle with a V8 that gets over 20 mpg, 6-speed, 4-wheel independent suspension and folding 3rd row, all for well under $30K...then where else are you gonna look?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:

Actually, they represent the thinking that gave Detroit an unespected renaissance in the 1990s and the thinking that gave Detroit unprecedented profits.

I really don't understand what misery you are talking about when the Explorer and the Mountaineer will sell about 160,000 units this year.

You are right though, that after their current cycle the Explorer and Mountaineer will be built on a unibody architecture, because the public is finally rejecting the body on frame SUV that they adopted with such tremendous passion 15 years ago.

Comparing the Explorer with a Pontiac Grand Prix is historically inaccurate and factually and visually insulting to the Explorer.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Ford Kuga

I think of this
Vs. This

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:

I think of this
Vs. This
If you like the 4 Runner better that is your thing. I happen to like the Pathfinder a lot but the fact remains that the Explorer outsells them both handsomely.

I am confused though. First you said that Ford should stop making the Explorer because is a relic of the past with some reference that BoF SUVs are a relic of the past but then you seem to imply that they should make something like the the 4Runner? I don't really follow you. . .

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Ford Explorer

That solid-axled Toyota, that has less power and FE than the Explorer, looks like it was styled by Pontiac in the 90's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mercury, mountaineer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page