Lincoln Strengthens its China Presence with Two New Dealerships - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

Lincoln Strengthens its China Presence with Two New Dealerships

Lincoln Strengthens its China Presence
Two New Dealerships in Hefei and Hangzhou
Lincoln | Jun-06-2015 8:00 AM ET

​HEFEI/HANGZHOU, China — Lincoln, an iconic luxury automotive brand with a heritage linked to presidents, royalty and movie stars, recently opened two new dealerships in Hefei and Hangzhou in Eastern China, as the brand continues its China expansion.

Hefei Haikangda Lincoln Store, backed by Jianyin Huasheng Group, marks the brand’s entry into Anhui, an inland province with strong market potential. Meanwhile, Zhejiang Wanheng Lincoln Store, invested by Zhejiang Wanyin Automotive Group, is the second Lincoln dealership in Hangzhou, where early results for the Lincoln brand have been encouraging.

With the opening of these two dealerships, Lincoln now operates 13 stores in China. The two latest addition to the Lincoln dealership network not only shows the brand is on track to open a total of 25 Lincoln Stores by the end of this year, but also demonstrates the brand’s dedication to delivering its unique interpretation of luxury to Chinese customers.

Strong dealer network and products support China progress

Lincoln will have a total of 60 dealerships in 50 cities by the end of 2016, covering key metropolitan areas and beyond across the country.

“Since the grand opening of our first dealer in China last fall, the Lincoln team has worked hard to deliver The Lincoln Way to an increasing number of consumers,” said Robert Parker, president, Lincoln China. “Chinese customers have begun to appreciate the brand’s heritage and focus on The Lincoln Way.”

Lincoln will introduce five models to China by the end of 2016. After the debuts at Auto Shanghai 2015, both the medium-large sized utility Lincoln MKX and full-sized luxury SUV Lincoln Navigator will arrive at Lincoln dealerships in the latter half of 2015. Another show favorite, the much-anticipated full-size sedan Lincoln Continental Concept, will launch its production model in China next year. Together with the small utility Lincoln MKC and the medium-sized sedan Lincoln MKZ already available in China, Lincoln will cover about 80 percent of the luxury auto segments.

Lincoln’s progress in China has been applauded by its dealers. “Lincoln has a heritage of nearly a century,” said Yeling Li, chairman, Jianyin Huasheng Group. “For decades, Lincoln has been setting trends in the industry and a symbol of prestige and elegance. I am thrilled to introduce this iconic brand to more Chinese customers.”

“The segments in which Lincoln competes are all very popular in China, and I am confident the brand will attract a broad base of customers,” said Weimin Chen, chairman, Zhejiang Wanyin Automotive Group. “Sharing the same vision with Lincoln, we are happy to join Lincoln in delivering personalized services of The Lincoln Way to our customers.”

The Lincoln Way, an unexpected journey with Lincoln

The Lincoln Way is an innovative luxury automotive purchase and ownership experience tailored for Chinese customers and underpins Lincoln’s development. Based on an intensive study on industries from luxury to hospitality, it promises a unique, personalized experience to each customer.

From extending service hours for customers when necessary to a live on-site video feed during maintenance and repair, The Lincoln Way commits to a “one-size-fits-one” approach and puts customers first at every touch point.

Lincoln dealerships are built around their customers, using clean, elegant designs, harmonious colors and quality materials. Staff is specially trained at the Lincoln Institute, and a Personalization Studio allows guests to customize their ideal Lincoln vehicle. Prospective customers can view a life-size image of the vehicle - both inside and out - with family and friends before making a selection.

Through these practices, Lincoln is building lasting and engaging relationships with its customers, further establishing itself as a distinctive player in Chinese automobile market and meeting the demands of a new generation of luxury automobile customers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 06:14 AM
Focus RS WRC

Re: Lincoln Strengthens its China Presence with Two New Dealerships

I may be wrong &/or crazy &/or both ... but, I'd think this would mean that the luxury sales in China aren't faltering for every automaker ... b/c I'd think Lincoln would have done due diligence before increasing dealerships....

Cort www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Nothing could be finer" __ Girls Next Door __ 'Slow Boat To China'
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarredKnightfan View Post
I may be wrong &/or crazy &/or both ... but, I'd think this would mean that the luxury sales in China aren't faltering for every automaker ... b/c I'd think Lincoln would have done due diligence before increasing dealerships....

Lincoln has an advantage. While the other luxury automakers, particularly Audi, are struggling to make gains after years in the market, Lincoln is the new kid on the block, the fresh new brand that will grow market share even if the overall market slows or stalls. I think Audi's sales decline is due to the fact that every Audi looks 'exactly' like the other, just bigger or smaller. So if the consumer has already had 1 or two Audi models, they have had them all, and would be looking for something else, something new. And that's the luxury consumer I think that Lincoln is looking to attract. Offering a new luxury brand, new models and new level of service, something they can't get from Audi.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarredKnightfan View Post

Those dealerships aren't pop-up tents. It takes some significant planning and time to build one and the fact that the Chinese market is slowing now is unlikely to effect plans that have been in the works for some time now. They may well hold off on some of their plans that are further down the road, but already in process dealerships are going to be finished.

Besides, even with a slowing market if Lincoln expects to compete long term they need a presence in the major markets, downturn or not.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

"Mercedes sales rise 20% on E-class demand
Automotive News China | 2015/6/9

STUTTGART -- Mercedes-Benz reported Monday that its China sales in May rose nearly 20 percent year on year to 27,562 vehicles, as demand remained strong for the company's full-size sedans. In a written statement, Mercedes said deliveries of E-class sedans and wagons "was particularly high" in China, its largest market for the models."

hummm....so it's clear that it's not all medium-large luxury cars that lack demand in China, but an Audi specific issue.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 01:53 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

How many Lincoln's have they sold in China so far...........................?

I'm holding my breath until I get the answer!!!

Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 01:29 PM
Ford Explorer

That is strange how we don't know yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 08:00 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
That is strange how we don't know yet.
Agreed. I'm now expecting the numbers to be either dismal or incredible.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

If the national average for volume automakers is 11 units monthly per sales person, with luxury lines about 1/10 of that. Currently Lincoln has about 1,000 dealers in the US with 94,474 sales averages out to about 94 units per dealership for 2014. Which is just over 7 units per dealership monthly.

Lincoln China has 13 live dealerships now. If they sold at least 5 units per month each, we are looking at about 65 units monthly for Lincoln China

But if sales are 117 or more per month, they would have beat the US sales monthly average per dealership for 2014.

So for Jan - May, I would expect at least 300 sales from Lincoln China. Remembering that dealers only have 2 vehicles to sell.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 04:24 PM
Ford Falcon

Total Ford exports from the US to China were less than 2,300 for the month (if I'm recalling correctly). That includes Explorer, Mustang, Expedition...so Lincoln is probably selling less than 1,000 cars a month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
china, dealerships, lincoln, presence, strengthens

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page