2017 Continental Spied Uncovered! - Page 19 - Ford Inside News Community
 774Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 03:15 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage
Re: 2017 Continental Spied Uncovered!

Done! One is just my chop lowered a bit and the other is my lowered chop with some extra Continental bits. Just some quickies. @wingsnut @2b2

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon

Interior has some issues that are turning me off right away, very unsightly dash-top plastics and vents, looks like it came from a 2010 Ford Fusion. Glad to see a full LCD instrument panel, long overdue. This car definitely looks a step below my expectations on the inside. I'm sure posher materials and colors will help but not completely forgive the part of the dash that is always in your vision. I don't understand why Lincoln doesn't get this. If the design causes functional issues and has to be solved with flat black plastics, then the design has to be thrown out and redone.

The small recessed transmission buttons grouped together with the HVAC/Media Controls is also a little insane.

The cheap Continental also looks about as bland as a luxury car can get, the design is very much dependent on the details and if they are not there than it lacks presence.
falcon lover, 2b2 and CJKnox like this.

Last edited by DetroitBORG; 12-18-2015 at 03:50 PM.
post #183 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 03:43 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitBORG View Post
Interior has some issues that are turning me off right away, very unsightly dash-top plastics and vents, looks like it came from a 2010 Ford Fusion. Glad to see a full LCD instrument panel, long overdue. This car definitely looks a step below my expectations on the inside. I'm sure posher materials and colors will help but not completely forgive the part of the dash that is always in your vision. I don't understand why Lincoln doesn't get this.
I mean they're really only spy photos so how much are we supposed to know about the material quality here. For all we know these just look the way they do because of harsh lighting. I would reserve judgement on interior materials until we have actually sat in the car to feel them. I can understand speculating the final product when it comes to proportions, but as far as materials go that just seems a tad ridiculous.
wingsnut, 2b2 and mercury_1988 like this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead

post #184 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 03:52 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitBORG View Post
Interior has some issues that are turning me off right away...
...posher materials and colors will help but not completely forgive the part of the dash that is always in your vision...
...If the design...
...then the design has to be thrown out and redone.
I'm very tempted to disregard my RULE of not judging interiors from pix ...learn from the Passat that (imho) ONLY looked good in pix...
but
will say
eVen tHo this is prolley the base version,
I don't see the Design "advancing" anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
... p r o p o r t I o n s ...
... ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #185 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon

Quote:
I mean they're really only spy photos so how much are we supposed to know about the material quality here. For all we know these just look the way they do because of harsh lighting. I would reserve judgement on interior materials until we have actually sat in the car to feel them. I can understand speculating the final product when it comes to proportions, but as far as materials go that just seems a tad ridiculous.
The rest of the interior is nice in the same lighting however, it's just that dash top which is such a visually prominent feature that just shocks me. Most cars in this segment have beautifully stitched dashes all the way across but Lincoln sticks a huge chunk of black plastic in the middle of it and that's just not typical unless this is a much cheaper product than we thought. The concept treated this with Chrome, but obviously you can't do that with a reflection in the window. So the design is flawed and they should have changed it so they didn't have to solve it this way. And better yet, they stick a red emergency button right in the middle of it.
falcon lover likes this.

Last edited by DetroitBORG; 12-18-2015 at 04:00 PM.
post #186 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Done! One is just my chop lowered a bit and the other is my lowered chop with some extra Continental bits. Just some quickies. @wingsnut @2b2

It is chops like these that help confirm to me, that Lincoln's new design direction was the right one. If you chopped a current MKZ onto the MKS, it would not improve. Yet these chops prove that larger vehicles just don't like the current MKZ styling.

And bravo again gj.
If you were a girl, I would blow you a kiss. Actually, I don't know if you are or not, so I will blow one anyway...lol
mercury_1988 and gjrip like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #187 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 04:33 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
well, sinc e Lincoln didn't take *MY* advice and have a model between the Z & Conti
imho they hafta cheapen everything possible for a base(double entendre)model price(bait'n'switch)point
-sorta
solid metal roof?

I actually prefer that

post #188 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 04:43 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Hmm not sure I follow. You want the MKS to be smaller than the MKZ? MKZ is larger than the 3 series.
Slightly smaller than the Z as a RWD sedan/coupe/convertible. While the Z remains lager, as a $40k sub Continental model.

At least that's the idea...
post #189 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 04:46 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
otoh
I actually like the base-Z HLs at least as much as their LEDs

Same here....the base headlights look great AND the LEDs. So there is no bad option.
2b2 likes this.
post #190 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 04:52 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
Slightly smaller than the Z as a RWD sedan/coupe/convertible. While the Z remains lager, as a $40k sub Continental model.

At least that's the idea...
as you know, Bloggin (and not to harangue ... much) but
imHo:
-- Not called an "MKS"
-- starting at $50k (ie $49,990)(unless there's a grocerygetter Hybrid)
Bloggin likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page