774Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 11:21 PM
FIN Staff Member

Re: 2017 Continental Spied Uncovered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitBORG View Post
You can see a bit better here.
oh yes...it's integrated right into the window sill chrome trim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 11:26 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

The windshield looks tinted I wonder if its that same technology to clear it that Ford used to offer in the 80s and early 90s insta-clear I think it was called?

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #53 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 11:27 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitBORG View Post
LOL, It's probably unlikely that I'll get the Continental once the excitement of something new wears out, but we'll see. By the time my lease is up, I should have no problem getting an order in. I actually want a larger/taller SUV so a Continental would be going in the wrong direction. But looking at the face of the new Continental makes the MKX look like very old news. However, a BL MKX with Sync 3 and a less insane lease price would be an upgrade regardless

With the Continental, the Lincoln sedans will have the same grille. I wonder if with the New Navigator will the MKX refresh and MKC refresh both get the new grille.
2b2 likes this.

post #54 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 11:32 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ well the Z & Conti have different insert patterns

still like the idea of stratifying by size
Conti + Navi = StarShadow
not sure about Aviator
Z & X = Z-weave
C & = perhaps vertical weave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
The windshield looks tinted I wonder if its that same technology to clear it that Ford used to offer in the 80s and early 90s insta-clear I think it was called?
Yurps still have it
Andrew L likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #55 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 11:37 PM
Ford Focus ZX

As a whole I think the design is very good. No matter my gripes with proportions which still stand, the design is fairly good. If those hips were wider though it'd make up for all the production alterations in my opinion. A good set of hips/hunches just adds seines to a car, just look at the new mustang, with it's wider hips/hunches.

Now time for interior pics. I'm not doubting the quality that it will have as BL has made me a believer in that regard, I just hope it doesn't feature the same old Ford interface with only slight menu changes which is what MLT ALWAYS has been,, and that a 12 inch screen is used as the 8 inch currently in use is behind even lowly econoboxes in terms of size and resolution
glyphics likes this.
post #56 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 11:38 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post

The big change in the rear haunches appears to be not in narrowing of the hips but in the widening of of the greenhouse. I really wish this didn't have to change, but it makes sense, can't sacrifice rear seat space in a large sedan purely for style.

This car really looks good, best looking large FWD based sedan IMO!
2b2, iculookn and Dequindre like this.

Last edited by SP1966; 12-15-2015 at 11:42 PM.
post #57 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 11:42 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dds010 View Post
Now time for interior pics. I'm not doubting the quality that it will have as BL has made me a believer in that regard, I just hope it doesn't feature the same old Ford interface with only slight menu changes which is what MLT ALWAYS has been,, and that a 12 inch screen is used as the 8 inch currently in use is behind even lowly econoboxes in terms of size and resolution
Regarding the Sync interface, I think it should be themed specifically for Lincoln, mostly thinking colors here. The interface itself though needs to be the best they can conceive of, and I just can't see putting forth less than that for Ford. Plenty of ways to differentiate between Lincoln and Ford, this isn't an important one IMO.
post #58 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 11:48 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

I tried figuring wlb & ovl from the wheelsize but got confused/confusing results
however
*IF* the length is 200", the wlb comes out at 120"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
Regarding the Sync interface, I think it should be themed specifically for Lincoln, mostly thinking colors here. The interface itself though needs to be the best they can conceive of, and I just can't see putting forth less than that for Ford. Plenty of ways to differentiate between Lincoln and Ford, this isn't an important one IMO.
@SP1966
what about if Lincoln gets SKINS if not exactly infinite driver-customization
while Ford keeps their "Any color as long as it's..."
?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 12-16-2015 at 12:18 AM.
post #59 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 12:00 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
Regarding the Sync interface.......Plenty of ways to differentiate between Lincoln and Ford, this isn't an important one IMO.
I don't agree with that. Technology has become a major part of how consumers perceive and interact with their vehicles; so Lincoln MUST differentiate and refine this aspect of the experience as it is one of the many things customers have to use on a daily basis.
2b2 likes this.
post #60 of 585 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 12:04 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
Yep. Looks brilliant. Fantastic concept --> production transition.

I think that is going to be one heck of a car.

Very pleased.
Count me as shocked, the more I look at these images I think the car got better overall in transition!

Only three things I see as steps backwards:
1. D2A but not a big deal in the larger picture.
2. Wider rear greenhouse = narrower rear haunches.
3. Taillights.

That said, they had to raise the greenhouse which was a big concern, and they managed to make it work! This car has great visual balance, even in full profile, in fact I would say especially in full profile!

Beautiful car, much nicer looking than the CT6 IMO, and it's not even close!! Well done Lincoln!!
2b2, iculookn, Dequindre and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page