"Aged to Perfection: Lincoln's Navigator Get's Refreshed" - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 07:35 PM
Focus RS WRC

Re: "Aged to Perfection: Lincoln's Navigator Get's Refreshed"

For what it is I think it does the job perfectly; it's not pretty(though it looks better in person), but it does what it's meant to do. I think the new one will make this look a bit archaic in comparison though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 08:09 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
With the exception of the most recent upgrades for both Escalade and Navigator, where Cadillac changed moreÖ..I would say they both had the same approximate level of changes. In fact, Navigator might have went further in many respects with an entirely new chassis and suspension, where Escalade has carried the same truck axle since day one. I just donít think it is fair condemn one and praise the other, simply because one has a slight head start on the other. Ford obviously prioritized truck first with its aluminum development, with one eye toward the large SUVís next. And it could have easily just waited, announced Aluminum is coming in 2-3 years, rather than this interim freshening. They basically revised twice the amount of product, one less so is all.

Anyway, itís not like these things were not sitting on lots, hard to sell, for many years when gas was not cheap. Times change. Products change. And I hear this new Navigator will set the bar so high that all will be forgotten.

And BTW, if they do show Navi, I doubt this will be a concept, but in fact a pre-production unit. Job One is not that far away.
so maybe they debut the production version??
I've read the concept was going to debut or maybe it is a concept like the Edge "Concept" that was almost like the production version.
Can't wait!
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 08:24 PM
Ford Explorer

It's hard to radically change a big SUV box essentially. Did aluminum F150 show a concept? I can't recall. Anyway, we shall soon see. Very exciting. But if it is production version, don't be too surprised if the styling is not radically changed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 08:27 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
It's hard to radically change a big SUV box essentially. Did aluminum F150 show a concept? I can't recall. Anyway, we shall soon see. Very exciting. But if it is production version, don't be too surprised if the styling is not radically changed.
Yep, the Titan, but it wasn't far from production.

post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 08:35 PM
Ford Explorer

Oh yeah, duh. Too many green beers tonight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 08:41 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
Yep, the Titan, but it wasn't far from production.

Atlas concept
SP1966 likes this.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 09:00 PM
Focus RS WRC

I'd say unlike the MKC, MKX and Continental it has features that are more for the show than production.
2b2 likes this.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 09:00 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseodiaga4 View Post
Atlas concept
Yes, Atlas! Funny thing is I did a Google search for Ford Titan and the Atlas showed up. Second funny thing, as I was typing that post I kept thinking "Isn't Titan the name of the Nissan truck? How odd that Ford would use that for a concept."
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 10:30 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Well considering that the current model is stuck in 1997 styling wise with tacked on LED headlights/taillights, let's hope the styling is changed and that that change is very noticable. But to be honest, the styling isn't all that makes it so stale, the proportions with the super tall/long/big greenhouse is also a culprit, and while it leads to having a massive lead in outward visibility compared to the Escalade, that much glass just doesn't look good....

Whatever the case may be I'm excited no the less. The first Gen Navigator is literally what made me a Lincoln fan and as such, a Ford FAN also (I still am more of a Lincoln fan, but Ford pays the bills).

I still remember seeing the commercials for the Navi when it first switched to the 300 hp 5.4 back in 2000 advertising it as the "most powerful luxury SUV in the world", problem is that the engine would stay in the vehicle for 14 years without changes and become a boat anchor compared to the comp.

Boy thinking back to those Navi commercials makes me want lincoln to unveil it right now....ughhhhhh
joseodiaga4 likes this.
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 11:11 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
Lincoln needs a home run, not just another best ever Lincoln as that bar is set pretty low. I think Lincoln did a great job with the Continental considering what they had to work with, and I think it'll sell pretty well for them, but I highly doubt it'll go a long ways towards changing the brand's perception. This new Navigator is truly Lincoln's first chance to hit one out of the park, what we see here will tell us a lot about where our expectation level should be set going forward. This should be the first new Lincoln in decades where Lincoln is not handicapped by its relationship to Ford, there really are no excuses this time.

Consider me very excited to see what Lincoln has in store for us next week!
Thats a good point. I mean think about it: The Navigator is really the modern equivalent of the Continental in the sense that it has become the de facto flagship, and most well known in pop culture. So from a popularity and sales point of view, making the Navigator excellent is probably more important than the Conti.
joseodiaga4, glyphics and iculookn like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page