GMi Member Spots the First MKS In a Public Parking Lot - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 06:43 PM

Re: GMi Member Spots the First MKS In a Public Parking Lot

Looks fantastic in silver with the 20 inch rims. I've been waiting for a long time to stop by the Lincoln dealer to take a look at the MKS, now I really can't wait!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
The MKS is starting to fill dealer lots.

With the price of gas, there are far fewer complaints of no V8.
I think this car is gorgeous.
Wait til you see it in EcoBoost trim.
Oh plz go on
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:14 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ Wings is an expert at hinting, Fordfan
tho can speculate&chop... got a MKS-chop somewhere* here with a blacked-out grille (with chrome star of course).....

* found it
> post 6 <

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndwariga View Post
I would be worried if I was something like Lexus GS, or Acura TL/RL.
Then I'd worry if I were you. You have described its design quite Acurately here.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndwariga View Post
Does anyone think this will be cross shopped with the new Maxima?
Nissan products don't have the refinement of Lincoln products and as long as Nissan keeps spending all their R & D dollars on cutting-edge styling, their cars never will be refined.

The salesman at the dealer thinks the MKS rides better than the Town Car. This may be an attempt to keep me interested in the MKS, but if true, it's ride should be on par with a MB S-Class or Lexus LS (an outstanding selling point).

For the best ride comfort, I'd stay away from the large wheels and tires with tiny sidewalls.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgm777 View Post
Nissan products don't have the refinement of Lincoln products and as long as Nissan keeps spending all their R & D dollars on cutting-edge styling, their cars never will be refined.

The salesman at the dealer thinks the MKS rides better than the Town Car. This may be an attempt to keep me interested in the MKS, but if true, it's ride should be on par with a MB S-Class or Lexus LS (an outstanding selling point).

For the best ride comfort, I'd stay away from the large wheels and tires with tiny sidewalls.
First thought here is that cutting edge styling costs no more, for the most part, than bland styling. In this market, it does have added value, as people grow tired of the same old stuff. The R&D funds are being spent elsewhere.

As for the ride, my thought is that the best ride is the one you hardly notice. This would not be the one that crashes over road imperfections (my Prius), or the one where you think about how soft and pillowy it is, and realize just how much you're going to have to slow down for that next dip to keep the nose from doing a face plant in the middle of it(Town Car, base model Caprice).

I'm astonished that no one, as yet, has mentioned the Motor Trend review of the MKS. It's fairly laudatory, actually.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ive/index.html

What has surprised me here is that no one has mentioned the Audi A6 in the discussion of this car. That would be one car it is fairly similar to, wouldn't it?
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 03:48 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLegroom View Post
...What has surprised me here is that no one has mentioned the Audi A6 in the discussion of this car. That would be one car it is fairly similar to, wouldn't it?
_ovl_
204.4 - Audi A8 L W12
204.1 - MKS production
204.0 - Audi A8 L (long wlb)
203.8 - MkS concept
198.9 - Audi A8 (reg wlb)
193.5 - Audi A6
190.5 - MKZ

(std-disclaimer: sizes from a variety of sources - best I can do)

&
thanks for mentioning the MT review, Max
(sometimes I avoid 'certain' sites)
but found an interesting factoid on pg2 that hadn't penetrated my head (not easy) before:
"...6-speed automatic that offers standard Drive, Sport Drive, or Manual modes. You have a choice of standard 18-inch wheels, with 19s and 20s optional. The suspension calibration is the same for the first two, revised a bit for more response with the 20s."

so Kgm would prolley be happy(er) with the non-Dub (<20") setup...
...I'd prolley like the "more response" but with the 18" wheels (which may give better acceleration!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
gmi, lot, member, mks, parking, public, spots

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page