60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 03:00 PM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via MSN to ZanatWork
Re: Continental Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voice of Doom View Post
If you don't take out the trash the smell will eventually become unbearable.
I keep saying we need antibiotics to get rid of the filthy, moronic VD on this site.
BrianAAA likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 03:30 PM
Ford Ka

So I take it this thread is not about the Continental Recall...I was looking to hear more about it...well I guess I'll find a GM forum I know they will be talking about the 2017 Continental Recall...
post #23 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 03:55 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gright View Post
So I take it this thread is not about the Continental Recall...I was looking to hear more about it...well I guess I'll find a GM forum I know they will be talking about the 2017 Continental Recall...
Lol. Not at gmi...discussing Camaro. Again...still.

Continental recall is not a big deal. I doubt that it'll affect production all that much if at all
Gright likes this.

post #24 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 05:54 PM
FIN Staff Member

Another important thing to note about the Continental recall, is that Lincoln actually comes to the owners home or place of business, picks up the car, leaves a loaner if necessary, and brings the customers car back to the owner when it's done. It's not like the old Lincoln days when the customer had to make an appointment, then drive to the dealership and wait for their car.

This could also be a good opportunity for Lincoln to measure the process.
2b2, Extreme4x4, glyphics and 1 others like this.
post #25 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 08:29 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
You, sir, are part of the stench! Not the whole stench, but definitely an enabler :P Haha.
619 posts in three years.

That ain't me being the problem. That post count is the symptom.
post #26 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 08:32 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanatWork View Post
I keep saying we need antibiotics to get rid of the filthy, moronic VD on this site.
Puppy dogs will nip at heels, the earth will turn, and Lincoln will continue to have issues with product launches.

Oy gevalt
post #27 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 08:37 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post
The bickering comes about if anyone here voices criticism of a ford product or practice. This is an open forum but only friendly to those that drink the ford kool-aid. I've posted many positives towards ford and Lincoln over the years and still been attacked by the chief kool-aid drinker. He doesn't, imo, foster intelligent conversations. Speaking of that individual, he posted many taunts at gmi until he was banned. I think it's lifetime. Maybe he's still there under a different username but it's better now.

When I joined here, it was to join in discussions on Lincoln and to unite w other Lincoln fans. Lincolns future was still up in the air. I quickly discovered how like minded members as me were attacked and then just never posted again. Gmi is chaotic sometimes but members aren't attacked and badgered to the same degree as is the case here.

So I post what I think and if anyone doesn't like it, then that's their problem. This forum has become mindless entertainment for me during slow periods at work. Kinda sad but I'm sticking around for kicks. Maybe I'll start posting more than a few times a month lol
Everybody knows who in here killed this place (and many other places too, for that matter). Why they let him rattle around like a fart in a sardine can is beyond all reckoning. But there you have it.

As to the topic: this is not necessarily a huge deal. But my earlier allusion to it being a vendor QA/QC issue just underscores the dangers with beancounters tightening the screws on vendors. Whether it's this, or subpar interiors, or any number of other things... it rarely ends well, and often blows up at the least opportune time.
post #28 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 10:31 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
All cars have recalls but ... so soon? The Lincoln Motor Company has to ramp-up its manufacturing & QC standards if it wants to compete in the luxury marketplace. It has to be a step above Ford.

Ford recalls 1,900 new Lincoln Continentals to fix headlamp assemblies

Ford Motor Co. said today it is recalling nearly 1,900 2017 Lincoln Continentals in the U.S. and Canada for possible defective headlamp assemblies. The vehicles went on sale in the U.S. last month, with 775 sold in September.

Ford’s recall covers 1,826 vehicles in the U.S. and 49 in Canada built between June 14 and Sept. 23.

Ford said the lights may have been built without the proper lenses to meet federal requirements for turn signal visibility. The vehicles will be inspected at dealerships and defective assemblies will be replaced.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...autonews-daily

they didn´t learn with the Z!
post #29 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 01:03 PM
Ford Explorer

Off topic a bit, but perhaps not worth it's own thread,

http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/1...ts-future.aspx

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
post #30 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 02:22 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

of course I'm waiting for the time (should I live long enuf) for when the current price-range of Lincolns becomes an ill-fitting whitespace as they move steadily up towards TrueLux
Bloggin likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page