MKZ review - Page 4 - Ford Inside News Community
 53Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 03:29 PM
Ford Kuga
 
gjrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,923
Garage
Re: MKZ review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voice of Doom View Post
I don't see where anything Huffman said in that writeup is anything but deserved.

They deserve criticism for the warmed-over chassis. It's both old and mundane in its origins.

They deserve criticism for the mishmash of styling elements front and rear. They deserve criticism for the number of styling language changes they've had in the last three years.

They deserve criticism for using ringer tires. Again. They deserve criticism for thinking that such a simple band-aid could rectify this car's underlying dynamic shortcomings.

Frankly, you guys who then said they didn't need the tires at all deserve criticism for being supremely unambitious about a segment where ambition is not only a key to success, but now is just the cost of admission.

It is this kind of Pollyanna thinking that will be the undoing of the brand. And it's not like you can make the argument that ambition equals less profits-Cadillac's parent company just made 2.8 billion in the last ninety days.

Sad sad review for a sad sad car in a sad sad situation.
You're honestly just so far from capable of holding an unbiased conversation that I don't even try any more, hence my harsh comment. I've tried and you've proven time and time again that you simply can't handle the thought of saying anything positive about a Ford product or business model, regardless of the countless awesome things about the company. It's stupid to the point of calling for a just comparison to moon landing deniers and flat Earthers, yet you're smug. Bravo on being one of the internet's most basement-dwelling negativity-hoarders.
SP1966 likes this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
gjrip is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 03:53 PM
Focus RS WRC
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 634
Re: MKZ review

Look.

This car is just an underachiever. Deal with that. No amount of shooting the messenger is going to change that. It is a gussied-up Fusion pretending to be a Cadillac. I'm not gloating about that-that is simply the way it is. It is that way because that is all Ford is interested in making it. They may SAY that they have high hopes for it, and pay ad agencies to spread the word. But really... they don't.

And if that wasn't obvious enough, just look at the third-party reviews coming in for the Continental. All the PR hype Dearborn shoved down our throats for over a year, for... what? A large, lumpy FWD sedan with appalling fit and finish, and a recall on its headlights already?

Ford is the sole source of blame for the media's dumping on Lincoln. There's only so many times you can piss on someone's leg and tell them it's raining.

Last edited by The Voice of Doom; 10-25-2016 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Dissing Dearborn's enablers.
The Voice of Doom is offline  
post #33 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 05:09 PM
Ford Explorer
 
SP1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,377
Re: MKZ review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
You're honestly just so far from capable of holding an unbiased conversation that I don't even try any more, hence my harsh comment. I've tried and you've proven time and time again that you simply can't handle the thought of saying anything positive about a Ford product or business model, regardless of the countless awesome things about the company. It's stupid to the point of calling for a just comparison to moon landing deniers and flat Earthers, yet you're smug. Bravo on being one of the internet's most basement-dwelling negativity-hoarders.
VD is like the trolls on sports message boards that only show up to rub people's noses in each and every loss but are nowhere to be found during real MMQB discussions. His value to this board, or more accurately his lack of value, can be measured in how many constructive conversations he's taken part in. I believe the answer is zero. I post quite a bit at GMI about all aspects of the auto business, both good and bad. I'm guessing VD doesn't have many friends in real life so he takes it out on captive audiences he finds online.
LincolnFanFl and gjrip like this.
SP1966 is offline  
 
post #34 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 05:24 PM
Ford Kuga
 
gjrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,923
Garage
Re: MKZ review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voice of Doom View Post
Look.

This car is just an underachiever. Deal with that. No amount of shooting the messenger is going to change that. It is a gussied-up Fusion pretending to be a Cadillac. I'm not gloating about that-that is simply the way it is. It is that way because that is all Ford is interested in making it. They may SAY that they have high hopes for it, and pay ad agencies to spread the word. But really... they don't.

And if that wasn't obvious enough, just look at the third-party reviews coming in for the Continental. All the PR hype Dearborn shoved down our throats for over a year, for... what? A large, lumpy FWD sedan with appalling fit and finish, and a recall on its headlights already?

Ford is the sole source of blame for the media's dumping on Lincoln. There's only so many times you can piss on someone's leg and tell them it's raining.
What I bolded is exactly where you're wrong. Clearly you just don't understand the point of this product. I wouldn't expect someone with your blinders on to understand much, though. No one expected this to try to be a RWD sports sedan like a V car. And "gussied up Fusion" is further proof of your blatant trolling. To try to allude this car to the MKZs of yester-model is just plain dumb.

Also I've read mostly gleaming reviews of the Continental so kindly gfys. No more or less criticisms than CT6 reviews.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead

Last edited by gjrip; 10-25-2016 at 05:27 PM.
gjrip is offline  
post #35 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 05:36 PM
Ford Explorer
 
SP1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,377
Re: MKZ review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
You're honestly just so far from capable of holding an unbiased conversation that I don't even try any more...
Might I suggest the above, rather than the below?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
What I bolded is exactly where you're wrong. Clearly you just don't understand the point of this product. I wouldn't expect someone with your blinders on to understand much, though. No one expected this to try to be a RWD sports sedan like a V car. And "gussied up Fusion" is further proof of your blatant trolling. To try to allude this car to the MKZs of yester-model is just plain dumb.

Also I've read mostly gleaming reviews of the Continental so kindly gfys. No more or less criticisms than CT6 reviews.
Don't feed them, they'll eventually get bored and move on.
gjrip likes this.
SP1966 is offline  
post #36 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 05:49 PM
Focus RS WRC
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 634
Re: MKZ review

Ford refuses to release Lincolns to certain outlets because they cannot handle the truth.

Automobile magazine will doubtless be added to the "wah wah , they hurt my feelings" list in due course.

And yes, Lincoln is pretending to be a Cadillac. Or Jaguar. Or gawd knows what. But as Bob Lutz pointed out, whatever they're doing isn't working.

Don't hate the player. Hate the game. That's what I'm doing... because Ford is utterly clueless about how to make Lincoln work.

Last edited by The Voice of Doom; 10-25-2016 at 05:50 PM. Reason: You can lead a horse to water, etc
The Voice of Doom is offline  
post #37 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 06:21 PM
Ford Kuga
 
gjrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,923
Garage
Re: MKZ review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voice of Doom View Post
Ford refuses to release Lincolns to certain outlets because they cannot handle the truth.

Automobile magazine will doubtless be added to the "wah wah , they hurt my feelings" list in due course.

And yes, Lincoln is pretending to be a Cadillac. Or Jaguar. Or gawd knows what. But as Bob Lutz pointed out, whatever they're doing isn't working.

Don't hate the player. Hate the game. That's what I'm doing... because Ford is utterly clueless about how to make Lincoln work.
This Lincoln going to Car And Driver is proof we can expect several big reviews on the way. I think our speculation of an intentional media embargo was a product of impatience. So there's that.

Cadillac is pretending to be BMW anyhow so where's their leg to stand on? "Unique" styling that is largely criticized for being boring?

You're no player. You're a sad old man with nothing to offer except negative opinions. Your edit reasons are further proof that you're just a big fat cun+.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
gjrip is offline  
post #38 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 06:39 PM
Focus RS WRC
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 634
Re: MKZ review

I'm sad, true. Mostly for Lincoln. The morons that run it and the dolts who mindlessly root for them make me want to go to Bulk Foods for antidepressants.

Old? I'm 42. Not a spring chicken, exactly... but I've got a good decade on some of the worst fatheads that infest this place.

I'll give you props for one thing though.

I'm a huh-huh-HEII of a man.

Last edited by The Voice of Doom; 10-25-2016 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Clarity is a beautiful thing. Editing software, not so much
The Voice of Doom is offline  
post #39 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 06:44 PM
Focus RS WRC
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 634
Re: MKZ review

[email protected] troll editing his post after the fact.

Go home son. The personal attacks don't work too good in factual arguments. And you ain't got too many of those.

Last edited by The Voice of Doom; 10-25-2016 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Gee. Am. Eye. It's not like this
The Voice of Doom is offline  
post #40 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 06:47 PM
Ford Kuga
 
gjrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,923
Garage
Re: MKZ review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voice of Doom View Post
I'm sad, true. Mostly for Lincoln. The morons that run it and the dolts who mindlessly root for them make me want to go to Bulk Foods for antidepressants.

Old? I'm 42. Not a spring chicken, exactly... but I've got a good decade on some of the worst fatheads that infest this place.

I'll give you props for one thing though.

I'm a huh-huh-HEII of a man.
Wonderful. Now that I've got you riled up enough to expose your most honest thoughts on Ford and Lincoln, you can stop pretending you aren't biased beyond belief.

You know what you'd never hear here, regardless of how much we disagree with their often erroneous choices? We wouldn't refer to the people running GM as "morons and dolts." Mostly because we aren't a cancer to the automotive community, and appreciate the products of our rival.
iculookn likes this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
gjrip is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome