MKZ review - Page 5 - Ford Inside News Community
 53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 06:49 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage
Re: MKZ review

What am I editing??? Any changes I've made were like 3 seconds after posting! Are you sitting here refreshing the page?

Rarely do you engage in factual arguments btw. When you are the type of poster you are, it's your personal choice to be a dickhead, and thus I am coming at you personally. So yeah personal attacks are perfectly relevant you you are personally an issue.

EDIT: Btw most of my edits are for spelling or censorship, which i am reversing. What content is changing?

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead

Last edited by gjrip; 10-25-2016 at 06:51 PM. Reason: EDIT: EDIT EDIT EDIT CAN YOU SEE THIS, VD???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 06:49 PM
Ford Sport Ka

Garage

Look I told you the magazines would put Lincoln last. They love to down play Lincoln that's how they play, they think its cool to do it. That's why I drive the cars myself form my own opinion about the car. Its like when Lexus made a sporty LS460 the press just hammered it. Having driven the new MKZ, I can say its a real nice car. The MKZ with the drivers package is a fun car to drive and rides better then any Caddy that I have driven lately. Its very quiet with the standard tires, has a nice interior and runs well. I test drove the CT6 and its was a let down for me especially when the check engine light came on, and the power went dead. The CT6 had terrible fit and finish, the gas cap cover stuck out like a sore thumb with the paint being one shade off and not flush too. Lincoln needs to stick too the Luxury side of things like Lexus does, we have enough luxury sport rides out there. Its funny how the magazines give the Germans a pass on tire noise in there vehicles. Because every Audi and Mercedes with performance tires are noisy too. The last time I drove a 2015 E class I was shocked at the noise level coming from the tires. The front bumper a had gap so big you could stick your fingers through the gap of the front bumper plastic trim cover on one side of the headlights and the rear bumpers had bad gaps too and this was the AMG model. The MKZ is a real nice Luxury car just like the Continental is too, those 30 way seats are some of the most comfortable seats in the Business. The Continental in the soft setting does one of the best Town car impressions ever which is great. There's a reason the Town car was the go to ride for every Wall Street CEO in New York because they rode so smooth which the new Continental does so well now too. There are times when you drive a car you just want it to calm you and let you relax and that is what Lincoln is doing wright now. Lincoln is now making cars that in the best American tradition put a smooth and quiet ride above everything else. Let caddy chase the Germans because we know how thats working out. I think Lincoln is the last true American Luxury car in ride and how effortless it goes down the road which is what I want in a Luxury car.

Last edited by SHELBY32; 10-25-2016 at 06:54 PM.
post #43 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 06:55 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
What am I editing??? Any changes I've made were like 3 seconds after posting! Are you sitting here refreshing the page?

Rarely do you engage in factual arguments btw. When you are the type of poster you are, it's your personal choice to be a dickhead, and thus I am coming at you personally. So yeah personal attacks are perfectly relevant you you are personally an issue.

EDIT: Btw most of my edits are for spelling or censorship, which i am reversing. What content is changing?
It's one thing to call me a sad old man.

It's quite another to call me a fat old... well, I'm a gentleman.

Grow up. You're just acting stupid. I cite articles. You throw insults.

I win. But more significantly for our purposes, Ford is losing.

post #44 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 07:01 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voice of Doom View Post
It's one thing to call me a sad old man.

It's quite another to call me a fat old... well, I'm a gentleman.

Grow up. You're just acting stupid. I cite articles. You throw insults.

I win. But more significantly for our purposes, Ford is losing.
You don't cite jack. And you're right, I forgot I edited that, mostly because I think physical appearance is a silly thing to poke at.

But I stand by the fact that you are undeniably a sad old man. I also relatively rarely throw insults. You win nothing and neither does GM.

For the record if you like GMI so much, be my guest and stay there.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #45 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 07:08 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
You don't cite jack. And you're right, I forgot I edited that, mostly because I think physical appearance is a silly thing to poke at.

But I stand by the fact that you are undeniably a sad old man. I also relatively rarely throw insults. You win nothing and neither does GM.

For the record if you like GMI so much, be my guest and stay there.
So to be clear: you edited "sad old man" because it was silly, but "fat old (still a gentleman)" is ok.

Maybe I need to stay here. Add a bit of class and standards.
post #46 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 07:09 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Also doubly for the record I now see that I didn't edit that post at all! It was always "sad old man!" The fat part was from "fat cun+" and that wasn't describing your physique.

post #47 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 07:10 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Quote:
So to be clear: you edited "sad old man" because it was silly, but "fat old (still a gentleman)" is ok.

Maybe I need to stay here. Add a bit of class and standards.
See above post.

post #48 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 07:11 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Ohhh I see what you're saying now. I thought you were saying that I changed "fat old man" to "sad old man." My mistake.

post #49 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 07:34 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Also doubly for the record I now see that I didn't edit that post at all! It was always "sad old man!" The fat part was from "fat cun+" and that wasn't describing your physique.
So fat-shaming is uncool but sexism is.

Son, you need to quit while you're less behind. You've gone absolutely batshit insane over two sedans getting poor reviews. And it's not like those reviews were unpleasant surprises-the writing has been on the wall for Lincoln for a while now. Unless/until D6 arrives the brand is in huge trouble.
post #50 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 08:14 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Quote:
So fat-shaming is uncool but sexism is.

Son, you need to quit while you're less behind. You've gone absolutely batshit insane over two sedans getting poor reviews. And it's not like those reviews were unpleasant surprises-the writing has been on the wall for Lincoln for a while now. Unless/until D6 arrives the brand is in huge trouble.
Oh please. I'm so sick and tired of your self righteous crap. I've most certainly not gone batshit insane over anything recently, except maybe when my work has godforsaken tart froyo downstairs instead of chocolate (these are jokes, kinda like the pedestal you put yourself on). If you are offended by me calling you a jerk when you're being a complete jerk, albeit in more colorful language, you can just gtfo and get a callous or two. You're ultimately indeed nothing but a pissy little condescending jerk. So maybe I get frustrated and lash out at you. Get over it. Like I said, head back to GMI and stay there if it's so much better. The only reason you like it is that they sip the same Kool Aid as you. And before you tell me I'm sipping my own flavor, I'd like to point you to my last few posts before this conversation regarding GM products.

Quote:
Caddy just sent in the CT6. Awesome car.
Quote:
I love the CT6 interior. It's a great place to be.
Quote:
I love seeing American luxury doing well in China!
Quote:
New Escalades are actually fairly loud. Sweet exhaust note actually.
Also: regarding "Unless/until D6 arrives the brand is in huge trouble," I'd like to point out ~7.1% sales increase from 2014-2015 and a 15.6% sales increase from 2013-2014, so I'd say they're in lesser and lesser trouble each year even without D6 and without dumping BILLIONS into the brand.

Last edited by gjrip; 10-25-2016 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Added one more thing -- Sorry, VD, Mr. Post-Nazi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page