Lincoln MKZ Gets the Axe ...or a cD6-scalpel + name change? - Page 10 - Ford Inside News Community
 70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:50 PM
Ford Falcon

re: Lincoln MKZ Gets the Axe ...or a cD6-scalpel + name change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
= not being changed-over at the same time

THUS, the No.America Focus production-facility is changing
BUT the Louisville MKC (&Escape?) = who knows - - or when

Focus and Escape share a platform. Focus' platform is changing for the next-gen, so why would Escape not change as well and just stay the same as it is underneath?

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 02:15 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^
• Fomoco has said they're getting away from the use of rigidly-defined 'platforms'.
Is this just rhetoric&spin or meaningful?
• If there's a significant mechanical difference with a vehicle's new "structure" (cop-out term), I expect some changes in the factory - - like for the Focus - - tho not heard about for the Cuvlets, yet
• like I've been beaten-up-repeatedly, for my T7-Ranger-etc idea of: "not all factories switching around the world simultaneously";
I see No reason that an existing vehicle & its supplychain cannot continue while a related vehicle, BUILT ELSEWHERE, switches to new "structure" (or other changes)

• not bothering to post in the Explorer thread:
if the Explorer and Aviator get built (for a while?) in different factories, there's no reason they can't be (for a while?) of different generations: ie Explorer still D3/4, Aviator on cD6
BUT
if they're built in the SAME factory, then I expect the same generation-structure

Last edited by 2b2; 03-21-2017 at 02:17 PM.
post #93 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 03:14 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
^
• Fomoco has said they're getting away from the use of rigidly-defined 'platforms'.
Is this just rhetoric&spin or meaningful?
• If there's a significant mechanical difference with a vehicle's new "structure" (cop-out term), I expect some changes in the factory - - like for the Focus - - tho not heard about for the Cuvlets, yet
• like I've been beaten-up-repeatedly, for my T7-Ranger-etc idea of: "not all factories switching around the world simultaneously";
I see No reason that an existing vehicle & its supplychain cannot continue while a related vehicle, BUILT ELSEWHERE, switches to new "structure" (or other changes)

• not bothering to post in the Explorer thread:
if the Explorer and Aviator get built (for a while?) in different factories, there's no reason they can't be (for a while?) of different generations: ie Explorer still D3/4, Aviator on cD6
BUT
if they're built in the SAME factory, then I expect the same generation-structure

Ah, I think I see your point now. No, I wasn't saying they'd instantly switch Escape/MKC to the new platform the same exact time as Focus' changeover. I was just saying when it's time for each to be redesigned, that they'll switch to new platforms. So if, for example, Focus switches to a new platform in April of 2017, Escape/MKC could switch in November of 2017, not at the same time.

In November of 2015, Ford announced it is investing $700-million to upgrade Louisville for next-gen all-new Escape/MKC production (I wonder if that figure has increased, as at the time, it was planned for MKC to move out (presumably to Mexico), so it might cost more to adjust for adding it back in.....I wonder if we'll see an expansion of Louisville as well, since MKC's move away was meant to allow for more Escape production.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...ract/75465256/
2b2 likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior

post #94 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 03:56 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ TY for the article-Link, @rmc523

tho really wish timeframes were included with these PLANNED upgrades ... cuz
if they weren't done before last November, who knows if they'll still happen At ALL

(I remember a 2-part upgrade planned for St. Thomas Assembly plant in Ontario, Canada
2006 & 2009 iirc
and
I SWEAR the 2nd part silently! never happened
)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #95 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 04:17 PM
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
MKC. Z can last a couple more years since it just got the refresh.
Well, I hope so...

Mine will be a 3 year lease and I certainly don't want to drive an outdated model for 2/3 of that time..
2b2, Andrew L and hbmf3 like this.

Current rides:
2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige

Last edited by LincolnFanFl; 03-21-2017 at 04:20 PM.
post #96 of 100 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 08:26 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnFanFl View Post
Well, I hope so...

Mine will be a 3 year lease and I certainly don't want to drive an outdated model for 2/3 of that time..
I like the incremental improvements of the 2017 if you don't want it I will gladly take it off your hands

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #97 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 04:47 PM
Ford Focus ZX

According to a bunch of articles released today, as well as the 2019 order guide, Lincoln has discontinued the Black Label trim for the 2019 MKZ....

https://www.thecarconnection.com/new...ack-label-trim

What a short sighted and absolutely dumb move. This really feels like Lincoln is taking a step backwards and shows that Ford genuinely doesn't care about Lincoln's sedans either. Obviously the current gen MKZ doesn't have too many years left before it's replaces or entirely discontinued, but not having a Black Label trim available for the remainder of its life is so darn stupid. I'll definitely be on the hunt for a CPO 2017 or 2018 Black Label MKZ in a few years....

Current Car: 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Recent Previous Cars:
2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
2015 Lincoln MKC
2013 Ford Edge
post #98 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 05:35 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Re: Lincoln MKZ Gets the Axe ...or a cD6-scalpel + name change?

By all accounts, a new sedan to replace the MKZ comes in 2020 so the 2019 and 2020 model years will be the last for the MKZ. I do find it odd they would drop the BL trim, and if true, the only reason I could think of is due to Ford streamlining the building of the Fusion, it became a causality of this! I do see MKZ BL’s on the streets, yet only ever seen one MKC BL, yet they haven’t dropped that for 2019.
post #99 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 09:43 PM
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenLincoln93 View Post
According to a bunch of articles released today, as well as the 2019 order guide, Lincoln has discontinued the Black Label trim for the 2019 MKZ....
As I said in another thread, do not count out the BL based on the order guide YET. The BL always had its own OG and was never part of the regular order guide.
spudz64 and zipzoomflyfast like this.

Current rides:
2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
post #100 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 11:10 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Only thing I can surmise is that the 2019 MKZ will be a short run before an all new replacement comes out for 2020MY, so maybe dropped the BL just to save some complexity.
70 Stang likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page