176Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 12:56 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Re: Lincoln Continental Sales on the Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
The good thing about the Continental is that it has a nice 'body' to work with, tweaking the 'ends' could help excite things a bit more...should they want to. The MKS was a bit of the opposite, the fascia on the original MKS is was really made the car for me, once that was lost then the rest of it was not appealing.

I still think Lincoln needs to do SOMETHING with their headlights, not much effort has been put into making them more expressive, distinctive, and modern. They still need to figure out how to play with LEDs, even the 2017 Fusion Titanium headlights look more upscale and interesting.
I might be in the minority but I like the MKX's LED headlights

I also like the Conti's and MKZ's

My only complaint with the LEDs though is they aren't adaptive like how the projectors are. I like how mine swivel when turning the wheel where the LEDs just get wider and narrower depending on speed. I had a 2017 MKZ with the LEDs and I did not notice them swiveling at all when driving through my neighborhood at night.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
My only complaint with the LEDs though is they aren't adaptive like how the projectors are. I like how mine swivel when turning the wheel where the LEDs just get wider and narrower depending on speed. I had a 2017 MKZ with the LEDs and I did not notice them swiveling at all when driving through my neighborhood at night.
I like the MKX and Conti's LED lights too.

I actually think the standard MKZ headlights look better than the LED setup.
2b2 likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #43 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 06:22 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

"if found, please return to _ _ _"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #44 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 01:25 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Arrow Re: Lincoln Continental Sales on the Rise

I think the Continental has wonderfully designed doors. The best Lincoln door design in recent memory.

hbmf3, Bloggin, badhac and 1 others like this.
post #45 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 02:04 AM
Ford Falcon

LED headlights is part of a $5,000 Luxury Package on the Reserve and is standard on the $64,000 Black Label.
Perhaps Ford should upgrade the Continental's standard non-LED headlights since it is the flagship sedan of the company.

$55,000 FWD 2.7 GTDI Reserve

Last edited by AM222; 06-07-2017 at 02:22 AM.
post #46 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 09:55 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
LED headlights is part of a $5,000 Luxury Package on the Reserve and is standard on the $64,000 Black Label.
Perhaps Ford should upgrade the Continental's standard non-LED headlights since it is the flagship sedan of the company.

$55,000 FWD 2.7 GTDI Reserve
EVERY Lincoln should have all LED headlights STANDARD. The standard Conti headlights look terrible, as well as all the other standard non LED headlights. Certain things Lincoln just doesn't need to skimp out on. They need to build certain characteristics, and the "ice scicle" with L- Shaped accent underneath, is one of those building blocks that should be used on EVERY LINCOLN. Also I'm looking forward to seeing an upgrade for the 3.0 to give it further breathing room from the 2.7 as well as making it more competitive to A6, 550, S560, 750 etc.
AM222 and glyphics like this.
post #47 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Focus RS WRC

Considering Honda Accords are rolling around with LED headlights, I agree - all Lincoln vehicles should have them. And I also agree that the base headlights look really, really cheap on the Continental. They need to stop being cheap with certain aspects of their vehicles. No Lincoln should ever be bland looking. Might as well use hubcaps on the base versions. In any event, it seems there's a little good news coming out of Lincoln every day lately. Here's the latest...
Andrew L, AM222, Bloggin and 1 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 BMW X5, 2010 Weistec/Renntech E63 AMG (800hp on 93 octane), 1999 Mazda 626 (visitor beater)
post #48 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 02:01 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

I like the "idea" of all LEDs (...Or LAZERS!!) but
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
...I actually think the standard MKZ headlights look better than the LED setup.
the basic Z HLs (top) could be my fave in the whole industry (from pix only ) WHEELS TOO!

for the Conti, imho both they have are OK-fine, guess, I'm not a target customer

for earlier comments re: TLs = a traditional Fomoco weak-point imho
ContiConc = Great, production still need to see in person
MKZ & current Stang = Good
C & X = just ok ...and that's about it iirc-afaik
semi-awake
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Z-HLs.jpg (85.6 KB, 130 views)

Last edited by 2b2; 06-07-2017 at 06:31 PM.
post #49 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
Considering Honda Accords are rolling around with LED headlights, I agree - all Lincoln vehicles should have them. And I also agree that the base headlights look really, really cheap on the Continental. They need to stop being cheap with certain aspects of their vehicles. No Lincoln should ever be bland looking. Might as well use hubcaps on the base versions. In any event, it seems there's a little good news coming out of Lincoln every day lately. Here's the latest...
The Corolla has standard LED headlights too.

I could be wrong but believe all MKZs are LED just you have a choice of projector vs little stars. I am almost positive The 13-16 Z's all had LEDs standard they were just in projectors. I know mine are since they say "Dynamic LED" on the housing.
2b2, Bloggin and AllenLincoln93 like this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #50 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Ford Focus ZX

I guess I don't see the big deal about LED headlights. The standard lights on the Conti are fine for me. The hockey stick shaped LEDs that go under the lights and the LEDs down below are all the decoration I care for.

2b2 and Bloggin like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page