Lincoln Continental Sales on the Rise - Page 6 - Ford Inside News Community
 176Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 10:31 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: Lincoln Continental Sales on the Rise

Projector HID's are pretty great, and I think shine farther than LED, although not as broadly. LED has advantages with durability, but the cost increase does not exactly scream value to me. I guess long term they can pay some dividends, but I often lease, and I have never replaced bulbs before during a lease, so no biggie. Give me the cheaper lease price.
brucelinc likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 06:00 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
I like the "idea" of all LEDs (...Or LAZERS!!) butthe basic Z HLs (top) could be my fave in the whole industry (from pix only ) WHEELS TOO!

for the Conti, imho both they have are OK-fine, guess, I'm not a target customer

for earlier comments re: TLs = a traditional Fomoco weak-point imho
ContiConc = Great, production still need to see in person
MKZ & current Stang = Good
C & X = just ok ...and that's about it iirc-afaik
semi-awake
I also prefer the look of the "base" headlights on the MKZ, they still look sexy! The Conti's are a little too conservative/bland in base form for a flagship IMO.
2b2 likes this.

Current Car: 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Recent Previous Cars:
2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
2015 Lincoln MKC
2013 Ford Edge
post #53 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
The Corolla has standard LED headlights too.
I just took a look. Heh! Not bad. I like the Accord's much more but that's a nice look for the Corolla...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 BMW X5, 2010 Weistec/Renntech E63 AMG (800hp on 93 octane), 1999 Mazda 626 (visitor beater)

post #54 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
Considering Honda Accords are rolling around with LED headlights, I agree - all Lincoln vehicles should have them. And I also agree that the base headlights look really, really cheap on the Continental. They need to stop being cheap with certain aspects of their vehicles. No Lincoln should ever be bland looking. Might as well use hubcaps on the base versions. In any event, it seems there's a little good news coming out of Lincoln every day lately. Here's the latest...
i Totally agree. Lincoln is in a phase where certain things just need to change. Make All LED standard on all Lincolns.No more puny 17inch wheels on the Full-size continental, 19in STANDARD. Lincoln is in a uphill battle and surely things like platforms take time, but Lights, safety features, tire sizes; those things can be implemented now as standard equipment.
Logans Run and glyphics like this.
post #55 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 07:31 AM
Ford Focus ZX

In my opinion, they need to eliminate the premier trim level. If not from all the models, then at least from the Continental.

Recent Previous Cars:
2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
2015 Lincoln MKC
2013 Ford Edge
post #56 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 02:14 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ since Premier/Premiere is a traditional nomenclature, I'd rather (& have ranted for**) get rid of SELECT <dumb(imho)
...with having several "Select Packages" on the Premier -- yeah, that's largely head games but that's what Marketing *IS* imho/largely

** blog entry Posted 01-21-2017 Updated 03-31-2017, about 6th down

post #57 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 04:48 AM
Ford Focus ZX

I actually agree with you. Premier just sounds so much better. I'd have the entry point be the select price & quality level but renamed as premier.

At least they don't put the trim levels on the cars as badges like Ford does, except for Black Label.
2b2 likes this.

Recent Previous Cars:
2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
2015 Lincoln MKC
2013 Ford Edge
post #58 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Focus RS WRC

The Premiere is okay for livery but otherwise the Select should be the base available to retail customers; also agreed that Premiere sounds more upscale than Select.
2b2 likes this.

Last edited by Bellanca4.2; 06-10-2017 at 03:49 PM.
post #59 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 07:00 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
^ since Premier/Premiere is a traditional nomenclature, I'd rather (& have ranted for**) get rid of SELECT <dumb(imho)
...with having several "Select Packages" on the Premier -- yeah, that's largely head games but that's what Marketing *IS* imho/largely

** blog entry Posted 01-21-2017 Updated 03-31-2017, about 6th down
Select 'Climate' Package
___ • Heated Steering Wheel • Automatic Rain-Sensing Wipers • Auto High-Beam Headlamps • Windshield wiper de-icer
Select Confidence Package
___ • adaptive-cruise • cross-traffic • 360ฐcamera(s) • BLISฎ (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert
Select Comfort Pkg (rear compartment)
___ • deluxe rear armrest (trim) • Heated-Cooled Rear-Seats • Rear Duct B-Pillar Registers • inflating seatbelts?
with either 1-2-or-3 Pkgs includes • Leather & • Configurable LED daytime running lamps (DRL) • rear sunshade OR panoroof?

&
INTERIOR/COMFORT: Power tilt/telescoping steering column with Memory, Premium leather-wrapped steering wheel
&
SAFETY & SECURITY: AutoDim driverside mirror, Driver Assist Tech, SYNCฎ3 Pinch-to-Zoom when with Voice-Touchscreen Navigation
&
FUNCTIONAL: Hands-free, foot-activated liftgate(Suv-Only?); Lincoln Experience II Package — Headlight Signature Lighting Light Up Sequence — Ambient Lighting Light Up Sequence — Autofold power sideview mirrors — Remote Software update Functionality — Universal Garage Door Opener — Personalized Service Write Up
IndividualOpts? ...Only available with at least one 'Select' Pkg
___ • Navigation System +Revel? • sunroof(Std?)(dual panel only?) • 30way PerfectPosition seats • inflating seatbelts? • CDplayer • wheel boutique

also wondering about offering a lowTech/highLUX variant = 'special-but-easy'
maybe with pre-set skins for any unavoidable Tech?

post #60 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Ford Focus

Personally, I think a low-end-optioned Lincoln cheapens the brand. At the very least, any Lincoln that has a Ford equivalent should *start* 10% above the fully-optioned Ford.
glyphics likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page