What do you want to see from Lincoln? - Page 12 - Ford Inside News Community
 231Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 284 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 03:05 PM
Ford Falcon

Re: What do you want to see from Lincoln?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowZx5 View Post
I think that as other competitors are starting to build more SUV's and CUV's, Lincoln will have to follow to not be left behind.

I would like to see them do more high-end names like Lamborghini does with Italian bulls.

Excellscior, Aviator, Navigator, Contonental...........

Like Ford in Europe has their Vignale edition, Lincoln will have the Tuxedo Edition. I envision a high end black pearlescent paint, with a white interior and mahogany or teak interior. Exterior will also have small hints of chrome similar to cufflinks.

Maybe another high-end edition called Vignale as a White pearlescent and black interior with similar chrome accents and Birds-eye Maple wood inserts.

MkT will be changed to the Town Car.
Continental will stay as the flagship car.
The Eco Sport will be brought over as the Sport Premiere.
MkZ will be the Zephyr
MkX will be changed to NaviCross
Mustang will get a Lincoln version as the Blackwood
Navigator will stay
MkC will be the Capri
The new Electric only Ford will be brought over as the Excelsior or something else.

This is just what I think could be good.
You can absolutely not use Vignale at Lincoln. They're trying to distance themselves from Ford. It'd be stupid to make such a move.

MKT is dying, to be replaced by Aviator.
Lincoln won't get a version of EcoSport anytime soon.
I forgot about the Navicross name.
You can't use Blackwood on a Mustang-based coupe. It was last used on a truck.
2b2 and scford58 like this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 284 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 04:04 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Arrow Re: What do you want to see from Lincoln?

Honestly, to keep it simple I think Lincoln should:

Rename the MKC to Aviator Sport

Rename the MKX to Aviator

Name the new Explorer based suv Navigator Sport

Keep the Navigator name (of course).

This keeps the well known/accepted Navigator and Aviator nameplates front and center without adding silly names.
Nitro likes this.
post #113 of 284 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 05:33 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ &
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowZx5 View Post
I think that as other competitors are starting to build more SUV's and CUV's, Lincoln will have to follow to not be left behind.

I would like to see them do more high-end names like Lamborghini does with Italian bulls.
Excelsior, Aviator, Navigator, Continental...........

Like Ford in Europe has their Vignale edition, Lincoln will have the Tuxedo Edition. I envision a high end black pearlescent paint, with a white interior and mahogany or teak interior. Exterior will also have small hints of chrome similar to cufflinks.

Maybe another high-end edition called Vignale as a White pearlescent and black interior with similar chrome accents and Birds-eye Maple wood inserts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
You can absolutely not use Vignale at Lincoln....
MKT is dying, to be replaced by Aviator.
Lincoln won't get a version of EcoSport anytime soon.
I forgot about the Navicross name.
You can't use Blackwood on a Mustang-based coupe. It was last used on a truck.
I can't get into Names just now but AGREE = MORE Cuvs/Suvs!!!
Navi regular+XL
Aviator regular(MKT-size) + Sport(smaller)
MKX... could even include: regular + a stretch for 2 1/2 rows *AND*/*ESP* a smaller SPORT = MACAN!!
MKC, same size on inside but (a bit) less FLAB on the outside
for cars
only:
Conti
Mark, hardly bigger than the MKZ, but seriously-swoopy 4-door-coupe
and smaller(ish) SportSedan+eVehicle, not too much bigger than the Tesla 3 or C-crass or BMW 3er

&
I *Like* the black & white editions of course Not called Vignale...
imho "BlackTie" & "WhiteTie" (which refers to levels of formality in tuxedos) could be Nice
...^plus maybe "ASCOT" for a silver+multi-gray theme?? (see men in My Fair Lady movie)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 08-27-2017 at 11:50 PM.

post #114 of 284 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 10:09 AM
Focus RS WRC

Again, I would like to see all Lincoln cars on RWD-based platforms (while Ford remains FWD-based except for the legacy Mustang). A mix of FWD & RWD-based SUVs, CUVs, whatever, but all taken seriously upmarket.

In my scenario, the smallest Lincoln sedan (pick-a-name) would share the Mustang platform (Ford would have to evolve or develop some scalability in whatever future Mustang platform they produce). The MKZ (pick-a-name) would grow to Continental size and the Continental would become a true flagship. Later coupes and convertibles would come later for all three car classes.

In my ideal scenario, Lincoln would be Ford's EV pioneer but the cars must have RWD design proportions and weight distribution (is 50:50 too much to ask?).

I don't believe cars are dead. Just trending downward for now. I think the luxury market will support cars more than the mainstream will; how much more I can't say. Just my opinion.

Oh, and there would be a Navigator with those trick gull-wing doors. Like the Ford GT, build limited numbers and price them as if they were Bentleys. They would fly out of the dealers.
2b2 likes this.

Last edited by glyphics; 08-24-2017 at 10:13 AM.
post #115 of 284 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 10:28 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
Again, I would like to see all Lincoln cars on RWD-based platforms (while Ford remains FWD-based except for the legacy Mustang). A mix of FWD & RWD-based SUVs, CUVs, whatever, but all taken seriously upmarket.

In my scenario, the smallest Lincoln sedan (pick-a-name) would share the Mustang platform (Ford would have to evolve or develop some scalability in whatever future Mustang platform they produce). The MKZ (pick-a-name) would grow to Continental size and the Continental would become a true flagship. Later coupes and convertibles would come later for all three car classes.

In my ideal scenario, Lincoln would be Ford's EV pioneer but the cars must have RWD design proportions and weight distribution (is 50:50 too much to ask?).

I don't believe cars are dead. Just trending downward for now. I think the luxury market will support cars more than the mainstream will; how much more I can't say. Just my opinion.

Oh, and there would be a Navigator with those trick gull-wing doors. Like the Ford GT, build limited numbers and price them as if they were Bentleys. They would fly out of the dealers.

Why the obsession with RWD platform for Lincoln?. Audi has an entire line of luxury and sport-luxury cars and crossovers in a FWD platform and is doing it very good.

The sedan like all of us know it rigth now is dead. The people want a vehicle with higher driving position. This is the reason why the SUVs and crossovers are so popular. Ford know it , and answered before anyone when in 2005 introduced the Five Hundred to replace the Taurus and , later, the Crown Victoria. This car is a very tall sedan, with a driver position like a SUV. The problem with this car was the plain and unactractive style and the cramped interior compared with other big cars. I think the future of sedans depends of the ability of designers to create a vehicle where passengers travel in a higher position , but keeping the traditional elegance of a long 3 box sedan. A very difficult challenge.

post #116 of 284 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 11:38 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Why the obsession with RWD platform for Lincoln?. Audi has an entire line of luxury and sport-luxury cars and crossovers in a FWD platform and is doing it very good.
My "obsession" (I prefer to think of it as my opinion) has been clearly stated in these fora. I, like many drivers, don't like the driving dynamics and the looks of FWD-based passenger cars, especially larger cars.

If Lincoln sedans and coupes are forced to remain FWD, it will have to share platforms with Ford and the term "gussied-up Fords" will be the perception and ultimately, the truth. That has been the knock against Lincoln and the drag on Lincoln's reputation. Eh ... go to the Ford dealer and get the same quality car for a lot less. Why buy a Lincoln?

Audis have at least always been differentiated from VWs (except for Golf/A3) by the use of longitudinal engine mounting (with the transmission behind the front axle, helping - somewhat - their weight distribution). I still think they look ungainly compared to their MB & BMW competition despite having a more coherent and desirable design language.

Why the "obsession" with Lincoln continuing to forever be (seen as) gussied-up Fords?

Passenger cars will be dead when manufacturers stop making them and drivers stop driving them. Ain't happened yet.
ZanatWork likes this.
post #117 of 284 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 12:58 AM
FIN Staff Member

Lincoln Lineup:

MKA = Performance Compact Luxury 5 door coupe/EV
MKC = Performance Compact Luxury CUV/EV

MKZ = eAWD Performance Luxury Sedan/Coupe/Convertible/EV
MKX = eAWD Performance Luxury CUV/EV

Continental = eAWD Performance Luxury Sedan/PHEV
Aviator = eAWD Performance Luxury CUV/PHEV

New Large Sedan = eAWD Luxury Sedan/PHEV
Navigator = eAWD Luxury SUV/PHEV

Black Label Luxury and Red Label Performance eventually available on all models
Consumers can choose an EV version of most models.
post #118 of 284 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 08:19 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post

The sedan like all of us know it rigth now is dead. The people want a vehicle with higher driving position. This is the reason why the SUVs and crossovers are so popular. Ford know it , and answered before anyone when in 2005 introduced the Five Hundred to replace the Taurus and , later, the Crown Victoria. This car is a very tall sedan, with a driver position like a SUV. The problem with this car was the plain and unactractive style and the cramped interior compared with other big cars. I think the future of sedans depends of the ability of designers to create a vehicle where passengers travel in a higher position , but keeping the traditional elegance of a long 3 box sedan. A very difficult challenge.
The Five-Hundred actually had a massive interior it wasn't till the 6th gen Taurus and it's dramatic styling did the interior become cramped. I remember commercials of the last Mercury Sable showing Jill Wagner sitting in the back of the Sable with her legs crossed showing off the interior volume.

Edit:
falcon lover, 2b2, hbmf3 and 1 others like this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic

Last edited by Andrew L; 08-28-2017 at 08:23 AM.
post #119 of 284 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 04:13 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

transplanting from the F-L Sales thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
Ford has both the lowest and highest price scale for most car segments they compete in...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
...there's the problem [where F-&-L meet], EX: Lincolns with pLeather priced above Leather-clad Fords**...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
So here's the conundrum thrown up by different regions and buyer preferences...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
...improve Lincoln rather than take away from Ford...
a prob for FLincmoco imho is
the urge to 'Try To Be All Things To All Peeps' even tho they had the mottos for Lincoln 'To Be LOVED By A Select Few' here & 'One Size Fits One' in China
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
...In Europe, 60% of all passenger vehicle sales are either, ST, Titanium or Vignale. but try doing that in North America and Ford get accused of loading vehicles to maximize profits. This is where regional difference and policies have to be measured against what the buyer wants and doesn't want - self optioned cars or the complete package done for them.
watched a Conti vid-review this morning where the guy totally got the wrong trim+pkgs, SO did "not like the car"...actually: That Version BUT didn't know enough about the Conti to see beyond that
** I posted previously about a plush-but-simple trim for "traditionalists" who don't care for/about Nannies & most Tech (think this has hit Cadillac even harder)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
...I think with EVs that bring a higher price point, they should be a separate midrange brand or a Lincoln initially, with the hybrids and PHEVs being Fords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
...If Lincoln is *allowed* to continue progressing and FINALLY gets a full(enough) lineup, ie Aviator & a 3er/Model3 contender, plus more "degrees of Cuvness", and significant electrifrying™
imho things can work themselves out...
right now I see 3 alt-categories: mainly-Fuel-Hybrid / &-Plug-in / BEV / hydrogen
&
kinda think of them roughly as: mainstream / Premium / LUX / not-ready,sci-fi...
...with a certain amount of overlapping allowed
so those would be my 3 brands

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 09-03-2017 at 04:16 PM.
post #120 of 284 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 05:42 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

old crossreference: Electrifying Lincolns
&
from @Andrew L
gonna try attaching 2 Just-Auto webpages as textfiles due to difficulties in loading them,
first old one from July'16
"Ford and Lincoln future models into the 2020s"

&
2nd new=Aug'17
"Will Ford sieze an electric opportunity for Lincoln?"
...A plug-in hybrid variant should be added for the 2019 model year,
possibly sooner. The six-speed automatic gearbox will likely be replaced
by GM and Ford's latest nine-speed transmission too...
adding
...A (MKC) facelift is expected for the 2018 model year, although this might be
delayed until CY2018.
*CX483* is the code for the *second generation MKC* and this should be
released in both China and North America during 2021 or 2022. The
architecture should be that of the fourth generation Ford Focus....

- - - - - - -
sounds to me ^ like a hybrid is waiting for the 9-speed & vice-versa
...thought it'd been posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin(Aug23) View Post
Andrew L likes this.

Last edited by 2b2; 09-04-2017 at 12:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page