What do you want to see from Lincoln? - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 231Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 12:10 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: What do you want to see from Lincoln?

Navi & XL
Aviator
Aviator-Sport &or MKX3
MKX > 3.0T
MKG > 2.7T Macan
MKC > 2.3T shrunk slightly on the OUTside =
...179.2 - 105.9 - 73.4 - 65.2 - Lincoln MKC
...173.9 - 106.3 - 71.? - 58.8 - MB GLA is 3.5" longer, yet 3.8" narrower and 5.2" lower than the Range Rover Evoque
...171.9 - 104.7 - ??.? 64.4 - 2014 Range Rover Evoque

Conti
MARK =
= 194.5 - 113.2 - 74.1 - 55.8 -- MB CLS 2014
= 193.4 - 116.9 - 73.2 - 57.6 -- 5er 5-series sedan
= 193.3 - 112.4 - 73.2 - 55.2 -- old MB CLS
sportsedan =
= 189.9 - 115.0 - 7?.? 59.4 -- BMW 3 GT
= 188.3 - 107.1 - 75.4 - 54.4 -- Mustang S550

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 12:51 AM
Ford Kuga

A compact Lincoln can work after the next-gen MKZ and Continental moves things up a notch or two in size and price. The only market that would drive that product is China and I would not expect it to come to the US. It's going to be hard for Lincoln to compete in the compact segments since they tend to be youth and performance oriented in the US, but the story is different in China so a Focus could be the basis for that product.

I think Lincoln is already at its lowest sustaible entry point with MKC and MKZ, but there may be room for a Subcompact Crossover if those products inch up with their next versions. Ford doesn't have a good basis for such a product so I'm not sure where it would come from but it obviously can't be the EcoSport. But if Lincoln wanted to pickup more new customers, that's probably a good place to look since it's working so well for others (Buick Encore, Mercedes GLA, BMW X1, Audi Q3, Infiniti QX30, Lexus UX, etc.). Right now I don't think Lincoln has enough customers to sustain that type of Crossover diversity at the bottom but it's the direction I would certainly go before a compact sedan. And hopefully this could be part of Ford's still unannounced new Crossovers/SUVs coming by 2020.

Last edited by Assimilator; 07-12-2017 at 01:07 AM.
post #23 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 08:24 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
Well, they have the XE now.

Well, XE is bigger than Focus, but JLR does not have an entire parent brand selling a gazillion compact and subcompact cars as well. I think a premium trimmed Ford could close any gaps quite well.

Thinking back, I always wanted Mercury to be the premium small brand and Lincoln would handle the large premium.
Oh well. Cant have everything. Where would you put it.
2b2 and Logans Run like this.

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."

post #24 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
Navi & XL
Aviator
Aviator-Sport &or MKX3
MKX > 3.0T
MKG > 2.7T Macan
MKC > 2.3T shrunk slightly on the OUTside =
...179.2 - 105.9 - 73.4 - 65.2 - Lincoln MKC
...173.9 - 106.3 - 71.? - 58.8 - MB GLA is 3.5" longer, yet 3.8" narrower and 5.2" lower than the Range Rover Evoque
...171.9 - 104.7 - ??.? 64.4 - 2014 Range Rover Evoque
Am I understanding right that you're trying to slot something between MKC and MKX, as well as between Aviator and MKX? There's not enough room there.

I will say, I didn't think about the Aviator Sport name....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
A compact Lincoln can work after the next-gen MKZ and Continental moves things up a notch or two in size and price. The only market that would drive that product is China and I would not expect it to come to the US. It's going to be hard for Lincoln to compete in the compact segments since they tend to be youth and performance oriented in the US, but the story is different in China so a Focus could be the basis for that product.

I think Lincoln is already at its lowest sustaible entry point with MKC and MKZ, but there may be room for a Subcompact Crossover if those products inch up with their next versions. Ford doesn't have a good basis for such a product so I'm not sure where it would come from but it obviously can't be the EcoSport. But if Lincoln wanted to pickup more new customers, that's probably a good place to look since it's working so well for others (Buick Encore, Mercedes GLA, BMW X1, Audi Q3, Infiniti QX30, Lexus UX, etc.). Right now I don't think Lincoln has enough customers to sustain that type of Crossover diversity at the bottom but it's the direction I would certainly go before a compact sedan. And hopefully this could be part of Ford's still unannounced new Crossovers/SUVs coming by 2020.
Yup, adding anything below what they have now hinges on those products moving upward.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #25 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Ford Explorer

Here is something to think about,
people are running scared from small compact sedans. They want CUV's instead as they are actually usable space. Lincoln has actually been saying this for years.

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
post #26 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 11:56 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Black Label = Luxury
Red Label = Sport
Green Label = Electric/Hybrid
Continental: add lengthened Town Car
Blackwood : Navigator SuperCrew Lux Truck
Navicross: Aviator based allroad coupe
Aviator: Explorer based
MKC renamed Marque C
MKX renamed Marque X
MKZ: renamed Zephyr
Coupe: S650 based, Marque R or Sentinel
Kinetic: Model E based
post #27 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 12:12 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ as I've ranted for some time, I only see [BlackLabel] and then the possibility of a near-pure bespoke [WhiteLabel]
(when Lincoln can approach Designo price-levels)

Quote:
Am I understanding right that you're trying to slot something between MKC and MKX, as well as between Aviator and MKX? There's not enough room there...
oh YES, please, very Much so!!
think the MKC ever so slightly "tauter" on the outside••, THEN look at dimensions of Macan & Cayenne for G & X
tho I'm not eXactly suggesting X6-type thingies, imho the more popular a kind of vehicles is, ex: Cuvs;
the more closely an Mfg can slice-n-dice the segments **
esp. if they're willing/able to treat the 'spread', the 'variety' as well-considered experiments...

...speaking of which:
Quote:
...I will say, I didn't think about the Aviator Sport name...
the only new thing in that lineup is the possibility of having BOTH a shortened, prolley-swoopified Aviator-Sport *and* a stretched, volumized MKX3row AT The Same TIME

** also why I'm just-starting to LEAN towards just 2 carCars;
no longer sure 3 are needed Nor able to be of sufficient volume
tho Hoping they could ALL be on the same magic-architecture – or at least Mark & sportsedan
••
IF the ngFocus maintained current/tauter AND stretched capabilities (like for a N.A-Fiesta-ish), then that could be applied to a stretched-G and trimmed-C

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 07-12-2017 at 12:31 PM.
post #28 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Ford Focus ZX

MARK IX!!

Make it large, powerful, comfortable, bold, brash..yet elegant and a real swagger-styling statement. Something that makes ppl turn their heads and aspire to acquire. Two door personal luxury in a sea of suvs! It won't make money but I'm sure it would do wonders to announce that Lincoln is awake. That alone could have trickle down for the other Lincoln vehicles.
post #29 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 01:16 PM
Ford Focus

There's room for a sub-MKC. Build a direct competitor to the Range Rover Evoque.

And don't make us wait any longer for a proper full-range stop-start Adaptive Cruise Control.
falcon lover and 2b2 like this.
post #30 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 01:58 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMatt View Post
There's room for a sub-MKC. Build a direct competitor to the Range Rover Evoque.

And don't make us wait any longer for a proper full-range stop-start Adaptive Cruise Control.
I thought we had full-stop cruise control now for some Ford/Lincoln products?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page