What do you want to see from Lincoln? - Ford Inside News Community
 231Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Ford Sport Ka

What do you want to see from Lincoln?

This is my wish list

-Zephyr (we know this is coming) get rid of the swoopy shape and give it a more refined look like the continental

-Entry compact car to compete with the 3 series/C class, Versailles

-an entry level 3 row crossover priced between the C and the X, MKE?

-A compact crossover like the GLA class/QX30, MKA

-Mark 9, multiple versions sedan/coupe/convertible, a lower end one to compete with the Stingray/Boxster/Cayman and a higher end one to compete with the 911, M6, Z06 ETC, and limited editions to compete with the likes of the GT3.RS

-Aviator (this is coming)

-All Lincoln sedans to come in a 4 door convertible version (this isn't possible anymore because regulations )

-Full size flagship above the Conti to compete with the S class/7 series, Cosmopolitan

-The entire range of Lincoln cars from the Zephyr to the Navigator to come in electric and hybrid versions

-A performance division called greyhound (it was lincolns first logo and the greyhound is a racing dog)

-An electric division called Mark E

-A Bentley Bentayga fighter (if cadillac is making one why cant Lincoln?)

a man can dream
Logans Run and glyphics like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Ford Flex

Re: What do you want to see from Lincoln?

Welcome to the board! There are so many things to like about your post, though Ford would have to divert all their money to Lincoln's budget for this to happen.

We will have to settle for a much more gradual impovement for Lincoln.

I really like the greyhound idea, and it could be be used in many ways.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #3 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtol115 View Post
This is my wish list

-Zephyr (we know this is coming) get rid of the swoopy shape and give it a more refined look like the continental

-Mark 9, multiple versions sedan/coupe/convertible, a lower end one to compete with the Stingray/Boxster/Cayman and a higher end one to compete with the 911, M6, Z06 ETC, and limited editions to compete with the likes of the GT3.RS

-All Lincoln sedans to come in a 4 door convertible version (this isn't possible anymore because regulations )

-Full size flagship above the Conti to compete with the S class/7 series, Cosmopolitan

-The entire range of Lincoln cars from the Zephyr to the Navigator to come in electric and hybrid versions

-A performance division called greyhound (it was lincolns first logo and the greyhound is a racing dog)

a man can dream
I dissagre with the MKZ losing its sleek rear. I own a 2015 MKZ Hybrid and I think the back is what makes the car so beautiful and sporty looking.

post #4 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 03:17 PM
Ford Kuga

I think they should keep the US Lincoln lineup pretty focused on what they have now along with the addition of Aviator. I would love to see an Electric Autonomous flagship, Lincoln definitely needs to do more with tech in general so there is a tremendous amount of room to just advance within their existing core footprint. A smaller SUV than MKC (once MKC gets bigger) would probably be the only lower entry product I would consider for Lincoln, the small sedan is probably best as a Chinese made exclusive.

I'd also like to see Lincoln move it's design language forward a bit more, needs more personality and confidence and less 'elderly' softness and anonymity.

As for a Lincoln Bentayga, Navigator is probably as far as Lincoln can go right now...which is pretty big leap for them as it is.

Last edited by Assimilator; 07-11-2017 at 03:21 PM.
post #5 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Ford Focus ZX

My 2 cents: The last thing they should do is dredge up that awful name, Zephyr. The MKZ replacement should get a name but not that.

I think the Z replacement should be even swoopier and sportier. They could retain the general look of the current front end but lay it back more in a more aerodynamic slant. The current front does not go well with the rest of the car, in my opinion.

The Continental is too bland. The details are great but the overall look lacks excitement, especially the rear end.
wingsnut, iculookn and Assimilator like this.
post #6 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 03:55 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtol115 View Post
This is my wish list

a man can dream
I think long term, we'll see Continental grow to become the true full size flagship, with MKZ/Zephyr scooting up, and depending on how sedans go, maybe a compact sedan to slot under "MKZ." I think we may see "MKZ" skew more toward a Conti-esque shape, but I don't want to see it go too far from the current form.

MKC is their compact crossover. There's not really room for a model between the C and X for some 3 row model. It may be possible to see a 3-row MKX at some point, but it sounds like that may be Chinese market only.

I've been told a Lincoln coupe is in the works.

Definitely agree that electric/hybridization needs to spread much further throughout the lineup.

Not sure why they need an electric "division." Perhaps they could label electrified models "Mark E."

I don't know what you're getting at with a Bentayga fighter. They'll have MKX, Aviator, and Navigator.

As for greyhound, I like the idea of it. But there's no way they'd go with that. It'd have too many negative connotations with the bus line. That's the first thing I think of when I hear it.
scford58 likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #7 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Ford Falcon

Here are a few name possibilities:

-Sentinel
-Paladin
-Aeronaut
-Meridian
-Azimuth
-Cartographer
-Constellation
-Cruiser
-Zenith

---

I think we'll see this in a few years....

Sedans/coupes:
-Zenith (3-series/C-class competitor - this is the one I'm least sure of)
-Sentinel (MKZ replacement)
-Continental (becomes full size flagship)
-Paladin (next-gen Mustang-based coupe)

Crossovers/SUVs:
-Aeronaut (Mariner would be the ideal name, but I don't know if using a Mercury name is a good idea)
-Aviator (MKX replacement)
-Navigator Sport (Explorer-based model, what we've been calling Aviator)
-Navigator

Or

-Aeronaut (MKC)
-Meridian (MKX)
-Aviator (Explorer-based model)
-Navigator
glyphics and brucelinc like this.

Current Vehicles:
post #8 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 04:55 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Lincoln needs some kind of "coupe crossover" like de BMW X6/4 or Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe. A bigger sedan is a must . And a coupe is a dream...
Logans Run likes this.

post #9 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 05:29 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Lincoln needs some kind of "coupe crossover" like de BMW X6/4 or Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe. A bigger sedan is a must . And a coupe is a dream...
I didn't think of that. Though their appeal can be limited. I'd advocate that only after they get the core lineup fortified.
scford58 likes this.

Current Vehicles:
post #10 of 284 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Ford Explorer

Increased cadence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page