Lincoln aviator teased - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 04:50 PM
Ford Kuga

Re: Lincoln aviator teased

It also saves on cost, Concepts are expensive to produce.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 09:07 AM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
It also saves on cost, Concepts are expensive to produce.
And a year later everyone compares the true release to the concept and that never goes well.
falcon lover likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 11:03 AM
FIN Staff Member

"The Aviator will come with an electrified powertrain option. On Thursday, Ford said that every new utility it introduces or redesigns moving forward will come with a hybrid variant -- either a regular hybrid, plug-in hybrid or both."

Aviator should come with PHEV and with the new wireless charging Ford has been testing in the US and Europe.

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 11:35 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
And a year later everyone compares the true release to the concept and that never goes well.
If they’d follow Jaguar’s footsteps on this regard that wouldn’t be an issue. That said I found the Nautilus to look very good in person and that was with it adopting the new styling language; this with a RWD layout and designed around the new styling from the beginning should result in a very good looking SUV. Navigator is nice but large SUVs just don’t have the right proportions in my eyes to be lookers.
FordSUVfan likes this.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 04:23 PM
Ford Kuga

I've mentioned that I'm not at all a fan of Lincoln's design direction and I would be unlikely to buy the Nautilus based almost entirely on its new elderly chic 90's Buick styling which I absolutely despise, but it MIGHT look better on Aviator with those proportions. We'll see, but ultimately I've pretty much written off Lincoln's exterior design as perfunctory and instead focusing on the substance and interior.
The Handler likes this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 03-16-2018 at 04:27 PM.
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 08:23 PM
FIN Staff Member

As a replacement for the MKT starting at $43k($13k more than Flex), the new Aviator should start at $49k, a $7k bump from MKT and $10k above the MKX, and $27k below Navigator.

If Explorer holds at $32k, then holding the $13k bump, the Aviator should be at $45K but that's too close to MKT at $43k. Range Rover Sport starts at $66k with Range Rover starting at $87k...a $20k gap.

And what about a Lincoln luxury/high power version of the new 4-Door Bronco similar to the high dollar Mercedes-Benz G, because a new G is coming, and Lincoln would do the interior so nice....

falcon lover likes this.

Last edited by Bloggin; 03-16-2018 at 08:26 PM.
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 09:38 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
I've mentioned that I'm not at all a fan of Lincoln's design direction and I would be unlikely to buy the Nautilus based almost entirely on its new elderly chic 90's Buick styling which I absolutely despise, but it MIGHT look better on Aviator with those proportions. We'll see, but ultimately I've pretty much written off Lincoln's exterior design as perfunctory and instead focusing on the substance and interior.
Lincoln would have been forced to fire this guy. Too many "ideas."

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/03/li.../#lg=1&slide=0
2b2, joseodiaga4, iculookn and 1 others like this.
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 02:02 AM
Ford Sport Ka

Quote:
That bland, generic styling got them in trouble before, and it will get them in trouble again. I remember how excited I was when they snagged Gerry McGovern to run Lincoln-Mercury Design. I felt Lincoln (and Mercury) was finally going to get a unique design identity it was in desperate need of. Unfortunately, it was a completely wasted effort.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 03:21 PM
Ford Kuga

I know Lincoln is trying to appeal to a much older clientele so I think this is part of their effort to move Lincoln back toward familiar territory for those customers instead of trying to rub against them with strange exerpimental designs, but I'm completely bored by their visual efforts. I actually have zero interest in what the outside of the Aviator will look like because I'm sure we already know it's just going to be a Nautilus/Navigator hybrid design. But I'm very curious about what's underneath and inside.

Last edited by Assimilator; 03-17-2018 at 03:26 PM.
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 04:46 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

finally got the video on youtube - thus embedded - thanks @Bellanca4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellanca4.2 View Post
DEARBORN, Mich., March 16, 2018 The Lincoln Motor Company will debut a production preview of the all-new Lincoln Aviator on Wednesday, March 28, at the 2018 New York International Auto Show.

The Aviator, which will make its world debut at the New York International Auto Show, is the first of two all-new utilities that Lincoln will bring to market in the next two years as it grows its utility portfolio and commits to electrification across its lineup globally.
Bloggin likes this.

Last edited by 2b2; 03-17-2018 at 09:14 PM. Reason: oops: nYias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page