Suicide Doors on Future Lincoln Continental - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 226Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 186 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 01:59 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Re: Suicide Doors on Future Lincoln Continental

You need to join the group to see it but heres the page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3045...eric&ref=notif

Sherrie Hudgins
March 15 at 6:56pm
There are plans to build a Limited Edition (only 500) Black Label Continental L (extended) with...wait for it ... SUICIDE DOORS!! Omgosh, how exciting ... to honor the history of the Continental.
Special order only
2b2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 186 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 02:16 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
for the articles @AllenLincoln93

quite a few imhos
-- the Z-replacement could be a Rwd-cD6 MARK (already in final development)
-- which would allow the Conti to continue as long as they like
-- then to be replaced by a new Conti - which could get the opera doors
...Still want to hear about a 3-series-sized STARstang sportsedan, half electrifried
...even more than about the 5 (FIVE) un-named Lincoln cuvs after the Aviator
EDIT:
-- would a surfboard battery strengthen the structure enough for the opera doors?
I think the new Z will be the C-Class competitor with sedan and coupe/convertible. The current Continental gets replaced and on it's new platform with 'coach doors' and then the 'new large sedan' that Lincoln talked about last year, which should be the new flagship, should have the 'coach doors' as well. But by then both the big sedans should be electric. But the new large sedan is just one of the 4 new models coming to Lincoln. My guess is something Focus/Maverick based, a small CUV and sedan.
post #13 of 186 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 03:04 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudz64 View Post
Since this was teased to the dealers at their dealer show, this is real, how great! It’s just odd as for when...the current design of the rear door can’t be adapted to a rear opening based on how Ford did it for the original Continentals and Thunderbird four doors of the 60’s. Back then the rear doors didn’t cut into around the rear wheel well, and instead were straight on the rear most cut. Even Rolls Royce follows this for their rear doors today. So, logically thinking it must be for the next generation Continental, which normally wouldn’t be until 2022 at least. But to tease the dealers this early doesnt make sense...

But...hold on here, this gets interesting...according to a Facebook page “everything Lincoln” news of this broke a week back of “plans to build a limited edition (500 units) Continental L Black Label with rear suicide doors to honor the Continental history, special order only” hmmm...2019 is the 70th anniversary of the Continental, can this be true, would Lincoln really do this?!
I find it very hard to believe that they'd go through all of that engineering just for a limited run like that. I think it's a next gen model that is coming, and perhaps with the current model only lasting a few years with the widespread changeover to CD6 pretty much across the lineup.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior

post #14 of 186 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 03:12 PM
Ford Kuga

It is gimmicky but would be something to talk about which is what Lincoln tends to thrive on. I would love to see Continental moved more toward the HIGH luxury end of the spectrum, extremely expensive and exclusive. Right now the Continental has way too much pricing spectrum from bottom to top and your top suffers from the bottom, especially in the case of Continental which can look like a 90's Buick without the finer details, wheels and colors. I see WAY too many cheap Continentals in Gold driven by the elderly parked in blue space and I suspect this is what most people see when they spot the Continental in the real world. They have to sacrificed some sales to get rid of that image.
ehaase, spudz64 and glyphics like this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 03-25-2018 at 03:17 PM.
post #15 of 186 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX

I can see them releasing a small batch of limited edition Anniversary Continentals with an exclusive Black Label theme just for the special edition versions, but I can't see them investing in a longer wheelbase and suicide doors JUST for a limited run anniversary model....

I personally think Lincoln needs to pull a Volvo, and release a Continental-L ASAP. Volvo switched over to a longer wheelbase in the US for the new S90 after just one model year. I'd personally wanna see them make the LWB model exclusive to the Reserve and Black Label trim, to further separate it from the more bargain basement looking models.
rmc523 likes this.

Current Car: 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Recent Previous Cars:
2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
2015 Lincoln MKC
2013 Ford Edge
post #16 of 186 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 04:13 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ the long Volvo already existed in China (iirc)

I really don't know WHAT to think about this
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudz64 View Post
You need to join the group to see it but heres the page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3045...eric&ref=notif

Sherrie Hudgins
March 15 at 6:56pm
There are plans to build a Limited Edition (only 500) Black Label Continental L (extended) with...wait for it ... SUICIDE DOORS!! Omgosh, how exciting ... to honor the history of the Continental.
Special order only
JOINED**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
I think the new Z will be the C-Class competitor with sedan and coupe/convertible. The current Continental gets replaced and on it's new platform with 'coach doors' and then the 'new large sedan' that Lincoln talked about last year, which should be the new flagship, should have the 'coach doors' as well. But by then both the big sedans should be electric. But the new large sedan is just one of the 4 new models coming to Lincoln. My guess is something Focus/Maverick based, a small CUV and sedan.
I know **

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
I find it very hard to believe that they'd go through all of that engineering just for a limited run like that. I think it's a next gen model that is coming, and perhaps with the current model only lasting a few years with the widespread changeover to CD6 pretty much across the lineup.
** the admin, Sherrie also expressed the opinion that a v8 belongs in a LtdEd. ...
I'm thinking a v8 ought to be no harder than certification for retro-fitted and stretched? operadoors
&
I can't imagine anything More extreme engineering-wise...THO
could definitely make a wish-List of OTHER 'extremities' ...easier ones!!
Bloggin likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 186 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 04:51 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

spudz64 likes this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #18 of 186 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 05:02 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
gjrip and HotRod like this.
post #19 of 186 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX

I'm curious how a LWB model would look with the current iteration of the car with its FWD proportions. I hope it won't look too awkward. Anyone wanna do a quick shop?

Current Car: 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Recent Previous Cars:
2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
2015 Lincoln MKC
2013 Ford Edge
post #20 of 186 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 06:56 PM
Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenLincoln93 View Post
I personally think Lincoln needs to pull a Volvo, and release a Continental-L ASAP. Volvo switched over to a longer wheelbase in the US for the new S90 after just one model year. I'd personally wanna see them make the LWB model exclusive to the Reserve and Black Label trim, to further separate it from the more bargain basement looking models.
There simply should not be ANY Lincoln built with anything less than what's now the Reserve Trim, and even that should be better equipped. Anybody who wants a cheaper Lincoln should be directed to the Ford Titanium & Platinum models, and told how they can get an almost-a-Lincoln Ford or get the real deal. That's the only way to start breaking the "it's the same car" perception. People used to "move up" to a Cadillac or Lincoln. Now, at least in Lincoln's case, it's more a sideways shuffle. And not always in the right direction. We replaced our MKC with an Edge (titanium) instead of an MKX because the only advantage to the MKX was an extra year of warranty.
Andrew L, glyphics and iculookn like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page