Lincoln Needs stand alone dealerships - Ford Inside News Community
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By glyphics
  • 2 Post By AllenLincoln93

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Ford Ka

Lincoln Needs stand alone dealerships

I currently owns a 2016 Lincoln MKS and the service at these Ford/Lincoln Dealerships are awful, if Lincoln don't move to stand alone dealerships to service their Lincoln customers, sales are going to continue to decline, especially the Lincoln cars. These combined dealerships cannot give the type of service that Lincoln want for their customers, because they are too busy giving service to fords cars
and these type dealerships, cannot give VIP service because these technicians are not properly trained. I drove my MKS in for the mandatory oil change,and the service manager had charged me for the service. I did not receive the free carwash until a salesman reminded the service manager that it was a requirement from Lincoln Motor Co. I just don't understand how Lincoln, allow their cars to be sold along side ford cars, it take away the prestige of these beautiful cars especially the Continental, and these dealerships treats these cars as second rated cars
Ford need to discontinue putting these Lincoln cars in dealerships associated with Ford cars because Lincoln customers need that special treatment and they will never be a considered a marque car company until they do so, they will always be labeled as dressed up Fords.

Thanks
A loyal Lincoln Owner

Last edited by mansoncleaningservice; 07-14-2018 at 10:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 05:31 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: Lincoln Needs stand alone dealerships

I wonder how many Lincoln dealerships are not stand alone. I believe the large majority are. I believe all in my area are.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 09:49 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Not all dealers are the same. My Lincoln dealer is also a Ford dealer. On the few occasions I have wanted something done to my Continental, I am always offered the pick-up/delivery (which I decline). I am always given a Lincoln loaner if I need to leave the car. I am always offered a car wash (which I decline). The lounge has free coffee, snacks and bottled water. They have WiFi and even loaner laptops if you want one. They are careful to cover the seats, floor and steering wheel to prevent smudges. When finished, they park the car in the back away from customer parking where a door ding is possible. I get exactly the same treatment when I take my Mustang in except the offer of pick-up/delivery and a Lincoln loaner. The loaner is usually an Edge or Fusion if I take my Mustang in.

I am not saying the techs are anything special but the customer treatment is excellent whether you have a Ford or a Lincoln.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 11:51 AM
Focus RS WRC

Ford might do well to follow BMW's example. When they acquired MINI, BMW required that all BMW dealers who chose to sell MINIs had to have a separate showroom, even if it's in the same building, with a dedicated staff.

But first, Lincoln has to have a full array of product before they can expect standalone dealer investment. With the Continental, Navigator, Aviator, MKC/Corsair and the upcoming MKZ replacement, Lincoln may be well on its way.

Lincoln still needs more specialty, limited-edition vehicles. Ford does it with many varieties of Mustang and F-150, why not Lincoln? The 100 year anniversary Continental is a start but Lincoln has to keep it coming. Public interest has to be garnered before Lincoln can fill showrooms with customers. Show us a vision of the future Lincoln. Concepts, anyone?
Bellanca4.2 likes this.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 12:56 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

The 2 Lincoln dealers in my area are stand alone.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 10:25 AM
Ford Focus ZX

In Las Vegas we have one stand alone and one Ford/Lincoln. There is a HUGE difference between the stand alone and the combo. I drive across town so I don't have to go to the combo dealer. Yes, they need to all be stand-alone in my opinion.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 12:42 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
I wonder how many Lincoln dealerships are not stand alone. I believe the large majority are. I believe all in my area are.
Our local dealer is a combo Ford/Lincoln.....they just recently became a Black Label dealer. The next closest ones further away (talking 30-45 mins) are standalone.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 03:50 PM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzoomflyfast View Post
In Las Vegas we have one stand alone and one Ford/Lincoln. There is a HUGE difference between the stand alone and the combo. I drive across town so I don't have to go to the combo dealer. Yes, they need to all be stand-alone in my opinion.
The combined dealership near me was once only Ford. With Lincoln added, the building has been expanded, but the parking lot lost out. If you do find somewhere to park, you will find youe vehicle blocked in before you are ready to leave. The aisles are no longer kept clear, and getting trapped in a dead end is all too common.
This weakens the dealership experience for Lincoln and Ford customers.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 09:08 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Speaking of separating Ford & Lincoln, i found this shot on a Ecoboost facebook group, and thought it was hilarious. It's a 2015 or 2016 MKS rebadged as a FORD 😂😂😂 I've never seen that before, I've only ever seen it done the other way around. Kinda depressing to see someone so embarrassed to drive a Lincoln that they rebadge it as a Ford. I wonder what they did to the front....lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1535580751060_1535591158562.jpg (234.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1535580751060_1535591317749.jpg (234.9 KB, 14 views)
SP1966 and 70 Stang like this.

Current Car: 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Recent Previous Cars:
2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
2015 Lincoln MKC
2013 Ford Edge
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 12:57 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenLincoln93 View Post
Speaking of separating Ford & Lincoln, i found this shot on a Ecoboost facebook group, and thought it was hilarious. It's a 2015 or 2016 MKS rebadged as a FORD 😂😂😂 I've never seen that before, I've only ever seen it done the other way around. Kinda depressing to see someone so embarrassed to drive a Lincoln that they rebadge it as a Ford. I wonder what they did to the front....lol
You've really, graphically highlighted Lincoln's problem, haven't you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page